Why Obama CAN'T Support a real jobs Program

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
SNIP:

President Obama’s much-anticipated jobs speech will undoubtedly cover more of the same things that already haven’t not worked. He will propose an infrastructure bank, extension of unemployment and food stamps, promotion of green jobs, more government-corporate partnerships, and a one-year extension of the payroll tax reduction. He’ll advocate a second stimulus. He may be flanked by his jobs commission, headed by the CEO of General Electric, which earlier issued a lame interim jobs report.

His speech will not be about jobs. Instead, it will be a campaign speech in disguise.

Obama cannot propose a real jobs program. His constituents would rebel. A real jobs program attacks too many of the core beliefs of his party, such as minimum wages and higher taxes on the better off. Even if his presidency rested on it, Obama couldn’t emulate Bill Clinton’s 1996 Welfare Reform Act that triangulated him from his own party. There is no way for Obama to enunciate the equivalent of Clinton’s “We must end welfare as we know it.” His core beliefs rule out such a dramatic move to the center.

However, if Obama really wished to create jobs, he must:

read it all here.
Why Obama Can't Support A Real Jobs Program - Forbes

Lets wait and see IMO.

I don't like Obama but I don't like him because of what he has done, not for things he has not.

Last edited:
They haven't worked because un-American (TIME) Pubs won't pass anything, since 1/2010. There are ALL kinds of jobs bills , INCLUDING Pub types, the House won't pass, or the Senate filibustered. You are sorely misled.

U6 unemployment rate is 16%

What is U6 unemployment rate?

The U6 unemployment rate counts not only people without work seeking full-time employment (the more familiar U-3 rate), but also counts "marginally attached workers and those working part-time for economic reasons." Note that some of these part-time workers counted as employed by U-3 could be working as little as an hour a week. And the "marginally attached workers" include those who have gotten discouraged and stopped looking, but still want to work. The age considered for this calculation is 16 years and over

Unlike most of America, Obama doesn't believe in the same things that made this country great...Obama believes in what Made the USSR or Cuba what they where. That is his economic beliefs. That is what he grown up learning---in fact his father was a marxist.

Drop minimum wage?
Roll back environmental protections?
Stop unemployment insurance?
Open Affordable Care to amendments?
Extend Bush tax cuts?

This guy is a hack. Almost every single thing he listed will NOT create jobs.

It's a conservative's wet dream is all.

Maybe now is the time for some of you right wingers to do your weekly US History lesson and look up the NRA Bill. Brought to us by President FDR. we are great nation because of this. bill.

Now don't get me wrong, take away FDR's bill and we would still be strong, maybe. but the ups and downs would be unsustainable at best.

NRA bill, enacted by FDR. My Republican Friends, go on and see why we are great.

They haven't worked because un-American (TIME) Pubs won't pass anything, since 1/2010. There are ALL kinds of jobs bills , INCLUDING Pub types, the House won't pass, or the Senate filibustered. You are sorely misled.

I disagree, hellofromwarsaw. As bad as the GOP is, the Democrats at large, including Obama, have been far too complicit and more than willing to go along with pretty much everything the GOP does, including and especially our wrongheaded, stupid and illegal wars abroad. Of course, it didn't start with Obama, or even Bush, but the Democratic Party is no longer the party of the working people. Like the GOP, the Democratic Party has bought wholesale into the war chest, and become as corrupt as hell.

I also might add that Obama surrounded himself with people that implemented rightwing policies, and, more to the point, there are plenty of times since taking office that Obama has acted irresponsibly and unconscionably, without the help of the Republicans.

lets see... why cant obama support jobs.

If people have jobs.. then they cant have welfare and food stamps. I was under the impression that nancy said that both of those entitlements were the best way to stimulate the economy.

:lol:

Unlike most of America, Obama doesn't believe in the same things that made this country great...

Aw, you mean like stealing land from red folks and using black folks to build it. Okay, I get it now...

Unlike most of America, Obama doesn't believe in the same things that made this country great...

Aw, you mean like stealing land from red folks and using black folks to build it. Okay, I get it now...

Oh poor me:lol: Really, name one piece of land or nation that hasn't been stoled or robbed from one culture or people to another. Truth is north America was many tribes fighting each other for thousands of years and the white man with his guns, war ships, ect came along and beat the Indian. For better or worst. I thought the indian warrior was of honor? But I guess today they whine about it and expect everything given to them; what is more fair then being beaten on the battle field?

The indian isn't the first or the last people or culture to be taken over by another. Fair or not.

You have to ask your self one serious question---> Would there be a first world nation that has went to the moon or invented the computer, car, electricy, t.v, radio, or any other of the millions of inventions if such european culture hadn't beat the indian? Also, I'm sure that the blacks would of been slaves either way as arabs, asians and even there own people done it to them for thousands of years. It was whites that worked to end slavery, but we're somehow the ones most blamed for it. Doesn't make a crap load of sense.

Truly lets stop whining.:eek: Lets put our energy towards making a future of advances in tech and going towards the stars.

Last edited:
Oh, I almost forgot about the stolen Mexican lands.

SBmap648.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

Oh, I almost forgot about the stolen Mexican lands.

SBmap648.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

You really think that a winners of war shouldn't have the right to keep the land that they won? Or any treaty or purchase of such shouldn't be honored, which means if we can buy it and another nation sells it to you; somehow in your mind it is not the United states now. :lol:

Really who cares if it is fair or not. The way the game works is who has the fire power and men to take it and keep it. That is the way history has worked. Boy, are you people lucky when we marched to Mexico city that we didn't take it all.

Well within the next 100 years if we keep our borders open-- I'm sure the land will be taken back. Maybe even the whole land mass of the United states. It surely Will be a sad day for it will mean the death of a advance civilization.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back to topic...

I found Obama's jobs bill:

http://peacemoonbeam.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451af9f69e2015390c69110970b-pi

He even SIGNED it!

Where are the results? Year after year of high unemployment and people fighting to even keep part time employment is all this presidents job bill did. After he promised at the same time as he signed it that the unemployment wouldn't go above 9 percent.:lol::lol::lol: GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!:lol::lol::lol:

Dude! Did you read it?? :lol:

Forum List

Back