Why Obama CAN'T Support a real jobs Program

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    SNIP:

President Obama’s much-anticipated jobs speech will undoubtedly cover more of the same things that already haven’t not worked. He will propose an infrastructure bank, extension of unemployment and food stamps, promotion of green jobs, more government-corporate partnerships, and a one-year extension of the payroll tax reduction. He’ll advocate a second stimulus. He may be flanked by his jobs commission, headed by the CEO of General Electric, which earlier issued a lame interim jobs report.

His speech will not be about jobs. Instead, it will be a campaign speech in disguise.

Obama cannot propose a real jobs program. His constituents would rebel. A real jobs program attacks too many of the core beliefs of his party, such as minimum wages and higher taxes on the better off. Even if his presidency rested on it, Obama couldn’t emulate Bill Clinton’s 1996 Welfare Reform Act that triangulated him from his own party. There is no way for Obama to enunciate the equivalent of Clinton’s “We must end welfare as we know it.” His core beliefs rule out such a dramatic move to the center.

However, if Obama really wished to create jobs, he must:

read it all here.
    Why Obama Can't Support A Real Jobs Program - Forbes

2. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Lets wait and see IMO.

I don't like Obama but I don't like him because of what he has done, not for things he has not.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  3. hellofromwarsaw

hellofromwarsaw BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    They haven't worked because un-American (TIME) Pubs won't pass anything, since 1/2010. There are ALL kinds of jobs bills , INCLUDING Pub types, the House won't pass, or the Senate filibustered. You are sorely misled.

4. Kuros

Kuros BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    U6 unemployment rate is 16%

What is U6 unemployment rate?

5. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,181
    Unlike most of America, Obama doesn't believe in the same things that made this country great...Obama believes in what Made the USSR or Cuba what they where. That is his economic beliefs. That is what he grown up learning---in fact his father was a marxist.

6. DontBeStupid

DontBeStupid Look it up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +422
    Drop minimum wage?
    Roll back environmental protections?
    Stop unemployment insurance?
    Open Affordable Care to amendments?
    Extend Bush tax cuts?

This guy is a hack. Almost every single thing he listed will NOT create jobs.

It's a conservative's wet dream is all.

7. nolebrakai

nolebrakai Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Maybe now is the time for some of you right wingers to do your weekly US History lesson and look up the NRA Bill. Brought to us by President FDR. we are great nation because of this. bill.

Now don't get me wrong, take away FDR's bill and we would still be strong, maybe. but the ups and downs would be unsustainable at best.

NRA bill, enacted by FDR. My Republican Friends, go on and see why we are great.

8. mplo

mplo Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I disagree, hellofromwarsaw. As bad as the GOP is, the Democrats at large, including Obama, have been far too complicit and more than willing to go along with pretty much everything the GOP does, including and especially our wrongheaded, stupid and illegal wars abroad. Of course, it didn't start with Obama, or even Bush, but the Democratic Party is no longer the party of the working people. Like the GOP, the Democratic Party has bought wholesale into the war chest, and become as corrupt as hell.

I also might add that Obama surrounded himself with people that implemented rightwing policies, and, more to the point, there are plenty of times since taking office that Obama has acted irresponsibly and unconscionably, without the help of the Republicans.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    lets see... why cant obama support jobs.

If people have jobs.. then they cant have welfare and food stamps. I was under the impression that nancy said that both of those entitlements were the best way to stimulate the economy.

:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,007
    Aw, you mean like stealing land from red folks and using black folks to build it. Okay, I get it now...