Why Not Women Priests?

If the Catholic church allowed women priests where would all the faggot pedophiles go?

Not a thing is wrong with it, matter of fact anyone that has really studied the bible in depth would know that many of the better priest of the bible were women, take for instance when Zedekah's eyes were put out after all of his sons were murdered in front of him jeremiah took his daugthers back to Egypt, and all of them were prophitest, and Hulda was over the teaching at the school of the learning of Gods word. The word of God declairs that sons and daugthers will be prophets in the last days, so go for it if you are called.

Its about power.

Remember when christianity took hold it was up against the pagans...who worshiped the goddess. They were also trying to get away from the power of the idea that mary magdlinine was the wife of jesus. They needed to foster the idea that she was a tainted woman.

Its all about consolidating power and striping it from others that may challenge them for that power. Having a woman in a position of higher clergy would be to close to the goddess and the leadership of mary.

my 2 cents worth.

I hate to be a killjoy to another "basha Christian" fest, but Jesus wasn't married.
;)

How do you know, were you there?

I love how someone can call this thread a Christian bash. Most of us couldn't be more supportive of Christian women who want to ordain as priests. There is no good reason why woman's vocation to the priesthood can't be honored.

Last edited:
As important as it would be for the Church to allow women priests, I would bet anything that if the idiotic forced-celibacy of the priesthood was abolished you'd see all these RCC child sex abuse cases fall through the floor within months. What do you expect from a bunch of old, sexually repressed, self-superior old men? It's not like this doesn't happen in other religions or that there's anything wrong with celibacy itself, but as far as I know, it is only a mandatory life-long policy in Catholic priesthood, no? Well, the results are decidedly un-holy-ish.

Pedophilia is not about sexual repression of ordinary healthy heterosexual or homosexual men.

It's a specific psychiatric disorder where a man is sexually attracted to children, the child's innocence and the power over the child being part of the turn on. Sexually healthy individuals, however 'repressed' they are, do not act out in these ways.

Last edited:
Pedophilia is not about sexual repression of ordinary healthy heterosexual or homosexual men.

Well, who knows, maybe they started out healthy at one point, got fucked in the head and became jaded, and get their rocks off with the only thing they can. Cuz to be honest, I don't think there's anything "ordinary" or "healthy" about long-term, mandatory celibacy.

Its just a mystery to me, why is it the Roman Catholic priests for whom this happens most. I mean, I don't have the statistics, but I don't hear as much about Pastors or Imams or Rabbis fucking little boys. Instead of thinking that there's something inherently wrong with Catholics, there must be some structural/institutional thing that allows this to happen.

Open to other suggestions though.

Last edited:

Well, who knows, maybe they started out healthy at one point, got fucked in the head and became jaded, and get their rocks off with the only thing they can. Cuz to be honest, I don't think there's anything "ordinary" or "healthy" about long-term, mandatory celibacy.

Its just a mystery to me, why is it the Roman Catholic priests for whom this happens most. I mean, I don't have the statistics, but I don't hear as much about Pastors or Imams or Rabbis fucking little boys. Instead of thinking that there's something inherently wrong with Catholics, there must be some structural/institutional thing that allows this to happen.

Open to other suggestions though.

Celibacy is a valid lifestyle. IMO, it must be chosen, not mandated. I think the vows should be temporary and renewable. I think celibacy ought to be optional or time limited, and priests, male or female be permitted to marry.

Last edited:
Celibacy is a valid lifestyle. IMO, it must be chosen, not mandated. I think the vows should be temporary and renewable. I think celibacy ought to be optional, and priests, male or female be permitted to marry.

Yeah, that, that's what I'm talking about. and I know this isn't the "Ask a Buddhist" thread, but isn't it like this for Buddhist monks? They have mandatory, renewable vows, and are allowed to marry, and most monks are just normal folks who become monks for a while and eventually return to society, etc?

So yeah, what you said. :clap2:

Celibacy is a valid lifestyle. IMO, it must be chosen, not mandated. I think the vows should be temporary and renewable. I think celibacy ought to be optional, and priests, male or female be permitted to marry.

Yeah, that, that's what I'm talking about. and I know this isn't the "Ask a Buddhist" thread, but isn't it like this for Buddhist monks? They have mandatory, renewable vows, and are allowed to marry, and most monks are just normal folks who become monks for a while and eventually return to society, etc?

So yeah, what you said. :clap2:

It depends on which Buddhist monks and what part of the world. It's not uncommon for forest monks in Burma, and Thailand to take vows of celibacy and do meditation retreat for the three month rainy season.

When I go into retreat I take temporary vows of celibacy for the length of the retreat.

Monks are monastic and not allowed to marry. Lamas can be monastic or lay. Some marry or have consorts.

Some Buddhist monks and nuns take lifelong vows, but they can give them back too.

Then marriage would be next. The wives would shut down male priest play time with adolescent boys.

Jean Marie Marchant says Mass each Sunday at a Congregational Church in Weston.

“As a Catholic, our ground zero is our conscience,” she said. “It would be contrary to my conscience not to follow my calling. It's been a huge dilemma all my life. But it became clear that nothing would happen from the top down. Only when women come forward and find a way to make it happen, will anything change.”Except for the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Catholic Church is virtually alone in its insistence on an all-male priesthood, and we've all seen how that's been working out. But despite the serious drawbacks with the old boys' club, the hierarchy continues to trot out the same old rationalization that Jesus had no female apostles.

“The church tells us that priests personify Jesus Christ,” Marchant noted. “To say that women can't personify Christ is pretty scary stuff. We've done nothing to harm or hurt anyone. To put us on the same level as men who commit atrocious acts against children is outrageous.”

It's worse than outrageous. It's a grave crime.

Telegram.com - A product of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette

Forum List

Back