Why not vote Libertarian/Green!!!

"The problem is the there is a total news blackout on any candidates not in the two major parties."

Isn't that a strange thing, though?

Fully agree with the OP. I still think replacing the electoral collage with a popular vote would go a long way in aiding any third parties/independents. It wouldn't work right away, but imagine how much public perception would have changed in '92 had Ross Perot's 20% support actually meant something.

The way it stands right now, a third party/independent candidate can get a decent chunk of the popular vote, yet have zilch show up in the electoral vote. That by itself demoralizes many people (including a few that have responded in this thread) from straying out of line.
That's true.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I admit... I'm late to the party in rejecting both Democrats and Republicans candidates for what I feel is a better option rather than the "lesser of two evils" of democrat or republican... But I'm here now. I won't vote for LOTE anymore. Whoever agrees with 90% or more on my values, gets my vote.

I disagree with your assessment, and although Romney isn't the candidate I wanted, he's much better than Obama. Maybe if Romney pulls ahead of Obama by a good enough margin then I might vote a 3rd party but for now, I'll not throw the baby out with the bathwater.
In my opinion he isn't much better, he's the same. Republican or Democrat will never get my vote because I have long since figured out that they are one and the same.

Lets just say that Romney wins. He will carry on with Obama's policy's just as Obama has done with George's, the dems will scream and pound their fists and the republicans will tell them they have no clue what they're talking about. The cycle will continue.

Attack and defend, attack and defend, it's the same damn thing no matter who is in office and what changes? Not a darn thing. The lemmings continue to fight among each other defending "their guy"

that's what it comes down to; How much different is Romney from obama? I will agree that he's no different in spending practices, but he will encourage businesses instead of penalize them, he will put a more pro-american face on foreign policy, he will be more pro-Isreal, and he will be better at our energy policy. He has also promised to repeal or at least defund obamacare. You might disagree but I believe that there is a pretty good deal of difference between him and obama. He's no Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, but he's quite a bit better than what we have.

Fully agree with the OP. I still think replacing the electoral collage with a popular vote would go a long way in aiding any third parties/independents. It wouldn't work right away, but imagine how much public perception would have changed in '92 had Ross Perot's 20% support actually meant something.

The way it stands right now, a third party/independent candidate can get a decent chunk of the popular vote, yet have zilch show up in the electoral vote. That by itself demoralizes many people (including a few that have responded in this thread) from straying out of line.

Actually what we really need to do is go back to the way it was originally set up. The people only vote locally. the senators are picked by the states not the people and the POTUS is selected by the state governments. That would end the political "American Idol" that the run for the White House has become.

Yeah, again you prove my point.
You haven't made a point yet. So I'm not sure how you can prove it.

Edit: I repeat

A self proclaimed libertarian voting for someone who isn't even remotely close to those values is like a guy who says he's straight while pumping his penis into another guys butt... Now I really don't care if you do that, to each their own... But to suggest that you are straight while doing it... I don't know what you are, but you sure as hell ain't straight. Same thing here... I don't know what you are, but you aren't libertarian.

You are obsessed with that fantasy aren't you?

I'm a Libertarian who will be voting for Romney.

The reason?

"Because I'm a hypocrite and not actually a libertarian, I just pretend to be" :up:

Excellent points. It's trading one so-called "big government" candidate for another "big government" candidate.

Exactly. In the mind of a real libertarian

Obama = Shithead

Willard = Major shithead

Voting for one of the two = I'd rather jump off a bridge.

That's rich, a couple of obamabots telling me I'm not a Libertarian.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................

There are libertarians telling you that you are not a libertarian. That's fine if you aren't, just don't pretend to be one.

The electorial college is fixed to allow only repubs or dems in the White House.
Yup..thats how they keep the charade going. I no longer call them Elections, They are SELECTIONS

We are literally 1 Party away from just another 1 Party False Democracy. lol

Isn't it Great. Don't Expect to change it, the Cancer is to deep, Normal Means will never change it, and Americans no longer have the Stomach for Extreme measures, We are Sheep on a Farm.

There are libertarians telling you that you are not a libertarian. That's fine if you aren't, just don't pretend to be one.

Don't tell me you are claiming to be a Libertarian now. the Guy that thinks Libertarians should hate Romney more than Obama.

to fucking Rich.

You do not have a single clue what you are talking about, my 6 Year old makes more sense than you.

Don't tell me you are claiming to be a Libertarian now. the Guy that thinks Libertarians should hate Romney more than Obama.

to fucking Rich.

You do not have a single clue what you are talking about, my 6 Year old makes more sense than you.

You should have your 6 year old post, I'm sure they would make you look like a 3 year old with your stupidity.

to fucking Rich.

You should have your 6 year old post, I'm sure they would make you look like a 3 year old with your stupidity.

Thanks for the Comic Relief man. You are so pathetically Brainwashed, and willfully Ignorant of the Real world, I can't help but Laugh.

Thanks for that.

The electorial college is fixed to allow only repubs or dems in the White House.
Yup..thats how they keep the charade going. I no longer call them Elections, They are SELECTIONS

We are literally 1 Party away from just another 1 Party False Democracy. lol

Isn't it Great. Don't Expect to change it, the Cancer is to deep, Normal Means will never change it, and Americans no longer have the Stomach for Extreme measures, We are Sheep on a Farm.

I disagree, we can change it and we have. I've been a Libertarian for 30 years, even before I knew there was such a thing, I have watched the party grow (slowly) over time. I have never seen it as popular as it is today. Every election year it gets bigger.

The way to grow the party is from the bottom up. Work for them and elect them locally. As more and more local Libertarian politicians are in office, the message gets out and the party grows. We will never be able to grow the party from the presidency.

From the ground up. That is how we grow our party, and it most certainly can be done.

Last edited:

to fucking Rich.

He's an obamabot. He wants as many conservatives voting 3rd party as possible.

to fucking Rich.

Moron, no right winger would vote 3rd party period. They are owned by their right wing masters to be obedient sheep to the (R)

to fucking Rich.

Thanks for the Comic Relief man. You are so pathetically Brainwashed, and willfully Ignorant of the Real world, I can't help but Laugh.

Thanks for that.

It's pathetic complete morons like you have the ability to breed,..God help us all,...

to fucking Rich.

Moron, no right winger would vote 3rd party period. They are owned by their right wing masters to be obedient sheep to the (R)

Pull you head out of your ass. Did I say right wingers moron? I said conservatives. Shut up, you are too fucking stupid to be posting.

Forum List

Back