CDZ Why Not Play Cooperative Games?

Would you prefer to play a group game that is competitive or cooperative?

• Competitive

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Cooperative

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I dont game

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
seriously, I'm not a gamer, but, I have played Halo (which I actually liked, Halo 3) and some other Zombie type game.

We got to be together and shoot people up. Of course, this was no on line and it was split screen.

The Zombie game I hated cause I felt like I was shooting Zombies up big time, but when it came to the stats, I found I was probably either shooting at nothing or they were already dead. Bah!

seriously, I'm not a gamer, but, I have played Halo (which I actually liked, Halo 3) and some other Zombie type game.

We got to be together and shoot people up. Of course, this was no on line and it was split screen.

The Zombie game I hated cause I felt like I was shooting Zombies up big time, but when it came to the stats, I found I was probably either shooting at nothing or they were already dead. Bah!

Have you played Dark and Light?

No, I have only played the 2 games on Xbox ... I played with my kids on the old systems long ago, but, still getting used to Xbox controllers.... "back in the day" it was all about the Nintendo systems, and, when Xbox took over (and PlayStation), I kinda phased out...

We are considering getting a new system and start gaming together, but I need a LOT of practice!

No, I have only played the 2 games on Xbox ... I played with my kids on the old systems long ago, but, still getting used to Xbox controllers.... "back in the day" it was all about the Nintendo systems, and, when Xbox took over (and PlayStation), I kinda phased out...

We are considering getting a new system and start gaming together, but I need a LOT of practice!

Well, practice as much as you want, but remember the kids were born with a silver iphone in their mouths.

To make it more challenging we put in a 50 turn limit.
That is but a variation of the notion that "s/he who 'dies' with the most cash wins." What's collaborative about that? Well, it's the players cooperating to agree upon when the game is over. I suppose that's something, but overall, that rule merely hastens the rush to get rich.

I'm not implying that your other modifications don't inject an element of collaboration in to the gameplay; I'm saying that mod doesn't do so.

The conditions were:

1. Everyone still had to be in the game.

2. Reach the $200k goal

3. Do it all in 50 turns.
OT:
So if someone goes bankrupt before 50 turns pass, who loses and who wins? Is there in such a situation no winner?

Forum List

Back