Why Not Paul Ryan?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
This AM's WSJ:
Review & Outlook: Why Not Paul Ryan? - WSJ.com

Personally I think Ryan is too valuable where he is. I think Portman will be the pick, and I think he will do a fantastic job. Romney's VP will be sort of like Dick Cheney in worjking Congress to get his bills passed. Working Congress will be an absolute requirement. That eliminates Pawlenty and, g-d help us, Rice, as well as Christie.

Good question. Why not bring the zombie-eyed granny-starver on board. His plan is oh-so-popular after all...

Paul Ryan might help in Wisconsin, but nationally he would definitely hurt Romney.

Pawlenty or Portman are probably the safe "vanilla" picks. But if Romney, himself, thinks he's in trouble he might pull a "McCain" and go for a more exciting candidate.

I count Ryan, Christie, Jindal, and Rice as "panic" choices meant to add "excitement" to the ticket. But all those come with big baggage.

An interesting pick would be Susana Martinez. She may be in the "panic" column..but she's a solid choice for a conservative ticket.

Good question. Why not bring the zombie-eyed granny-starver on board. His plan is oh-so-popular after all...

You really need to come up with your own insults.
Oh yeah. You can't. Because you're a moron.

No, you're the moron for even thinking this guy would be a winning choice for Romney and considering you were also for Perry, this just reinforces that.

As for the insult, I don't give a shit. Chuck Pierce came up with a great one and it deserves to be repeated often. :D

Because Paul Ryan wants to end Medicare and that is a politically toxic position.

It's Nonsense alright. Because he does not want to end it. He wants to set up another option and give younger people a choice.

More Blatant Dishonestly from NYcar. Shocker.

Sure he does.

Keeping the name of the program while completely changing what it does isn't fooling anyone.

Because Paul Ryan wants to end Medicare and that is a politically toxic position.

Ryan does not want to end Medicare tool.
You're confusing that snazzy ad with reality, as was intended.
Lemme ask you something; Do you think that "granny over the cliff" nonsense was made to stick in the minds of intelligent voters? :eusa_whistle:

This AM's WSJ:
Review & Outlook: Why Not Paul Ryan? - WSJ.com

Personally I think Ryan is too valuable where he is. I think Portman will be the pick, and I think he will do a fantastic job. Romney's VP will be sort of like Dick Cheney in worjking Congress to get his bills passed. Working Congress will be an absolute requirement. That eliminates Pawlenty and, g-d help us, Rice, as well as Christie.
Paul Ryan Says He Won’t Seek Re-Election
The House speaker will complete his current term in Congress.

Bye bye shit head

Forum List

Back