why not make the minimum wage $30 an hour?

Good. You then (or your proxy) shall be the arbiter for EVERYONE what work is worth. Understood.

Upon what moral authority do you decide for EVERYONE what their work is worth? I'd really like to know, because I think you have no business telling me what my work is worth.

And statutory minimum wage has the precise role to play in that, as has been explained to you. You seem to wish those injustices to expand even further. Why is that?

It would be better, because their wages would be worth more, as was clearly explained to you.

greeed-thomas-sowell.jpg
Statutory minimum wage REQUIRES that you underpay for work worth more than the statutory minimum, in order to subsidize the work that is worth less than the statutory minimum. It is a mathematical and economic truth that is inescapable, and indisputable.

So now that you've unambiguously established that the value of the work is irrelevant to what should paid, I submit again this question:

Upon what moral authority do you (or your proxy) decide for EVERYONE what their work is worth?

Thank you.

What we are seeing now, would only get worse.
About 75% of "we the people" want an increase in the minimum wage. The conservative Cato Institute has stated that raising the minimum wage has a positive income effect on the middle class*. Yet congress won't budge on raising the minimum wage because their financial sponsors don't want to have to pay half way decent wages. Someone is behind the demise of the middle class, someone is behind the story of the below chart.
*Minimum Wage Hike Would Benefit 3X More Middle-Class Workers Than PoorView attachment 41964
The minimum wage is not one on which to support one's self or a family.
The min wage issue is pure politics.
Actually, it does help, read the Cato Institute's points.
Danke.
Seriously. You should read it too.

Seriously, I read it quite awhile ago. And seriously I don't agree with all that Cato has to say but not to the point my veins in my neck are bursting. Their point about the middle class benefiting is shared by a majority of economist from both sides of the aisle. It raises the floor for wage earners, that is good in light of the fact the largest wage earning demographic in America has been screwed over for decades. But then you appear to support the concept of people working for peanuts, don't you?
You understand that is a negative, right? It benefits middle class families at the expense of poor families. You do get that,right?

You must of missed 2-3 posts of mine in this thread.
Go back a page or two. It's not rocket science.
Neither is linking.
You must of missed 2-3 posts of mine in this thread.
Go back a page or two. It's not rocket science.
Neither is linking.... if you actually posted an answer.

I have linked facts from unbiased resources, not opinionated conjecture like we have a ton of in this thread.. That's a big difference. Particularly when certain people reject cold hard facts. It's ideological conjecture over real world facts and then they criticize
the poster using facts.
You just can't make this shit up. Way to not use objective thinking. Just go through life, constrained by the little box you folks live your life in.
You linked to no answer to the question: "Why you object so strenuously at the notion that a worker's wages should be based solely upon what that worker's work is worth?"

Not one link.

Furthermore, you did not answer the question yourself. Not 1 page ago, not 2 pages ago,... not any pages ago.

So why don't you finally sack-up now and tell us: Why you object so strenuously at the notion that a worker's wages should be based solely upon what that worker's work is worth?

OK, no, I do not favor a workers wage based solely what is work is worth that is determined by his employer without a set minimum.
Good. You then (or your proxy) shall be the arbiter for EVERYONE what work is worth. Understood.

Upon what moral authority do you decide for EVERYONE what their work is worth? I'd really like to know, because I think you have no business telling me what my work is worth.

All one has to do is look a facts and see what has happened to the working middle class and working poor with thre decades of flat wages. All on has to do is look at the income inequality.
And statutory minimum wage has the precise role to play in that, as has been explained to you. You seem to wish those injustices to expand even further. Why is that?

One could only wonder how bad things would be for 80-90% of working Americans if we didn't have a floor for wages (minimum wage).
It would be better, because their wages would be worth more, as was clearly explained to you.

America is in a serious decline. As I mentioned, America's middle class was the most admired and the most wealthy middle class in the world. Now the US middle class isn't the most admired and has slipped to 21st in wealth. All because of greed.
I thought for sure, the articles/limks I provided would answer your question, but I guess not.:dunno:
greeed-thomas-sowell.jpg
Statutory minimum wage REQUIRES that you underpay for work worth more than the statutory minimum, in order to subsidize the work that is worth less than the statutory minimum. It is a mathematical and economic truth that is inescapable, and indisputable.

So now that you've unambiguously established that the value of the work is irrelevant to what should paid, I submit again this question:

Upon what moral authority do you (or your proxy) decide for EVERYONE what their work is worth?

Thank you.

You should visit and participate in this thread:
Outsourcing Disney World US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
This thread basically reinforces why I am of the opinion that in the real world of America, you cannot trust an employer to determines how much his employees work is worth without boundaries.
Greed and overemphasis of the bottom-line combined by a lack of respect and appreciation for their workers is enough not to pay them their true worth.
The demise of the working middle class stuck with flat wage growth and the offshore outsourcing of jobs.

Neither is linking.

I have linked facts from unbiased resources, not opinionated conjecture like we have a ton of in this thread.. That's a big difference. Particularly when certain people reject cold hard facts. It's ideological conjecture over real world facts and then they criticize
the poster using facts.
You just can't make this shit up. Way to not use objective thinking. Just go through life, constrained by the little box you folks live your life in.
You linked to no answer to the question: "Why you object so strenuously at the notion that a worker's wages should be based solely upon what that worker's work is worth?"

Not one link.

Furthermore, you did not answer the question yourself. Not 1 page ago, not 2 pages ago,... not any pages ago.

So why don't you finally sack-up now and tell us: Why you object so strenuously at the notion that a worker's wages should be based solely upon what that worker's work is worth?

OK, no, I do not favor a workers wage based solely what is work is worth that is determined by his employer without a set minimum.

All one has to do is look a facts and see what has happened to the working middle class and working poor with thre decades of flat wages. All on has to do is look at the income inequality.

One could only wonder how bad things would be for 80-90% of working Americans if we didn't have a floor for wages (minimum wage).

America is in a serious decline. As I mentioned, America's middle class was the most admired and the most wealthy middle class in the world. Now the US middle class isn't the most admired and has slipped to 21st in wealth. All because of greed.
I thought for sure, the articles/limks I provided would answer your question, but I guess not.:dunno:
greeed-thomas-sowell.jpg

Thank you.

This thread basically reinforces why I am of the opinion that in the real world of America, you cannot trust an employer to determines how much his employees work is worth without boundaries.
Greed and overemphasis of the bottom-line combined by a lack of respect and appreciation for their workers is enough not to pay them their true worth.
The demise of the working middle class stuck with flat wage growth and the offshore outsourcing of jobs.
I realize your economic education stopped about the time you learned 10 pennies make a dime, but you understand that both the employer and employee need to agree on wages for employment to take place, right? If the employee is truly underpaid he can find higher paying work.

Good employers offer higher wages. Bad companies offer lower wages. SO DONT APPLY AT THOSE PLACES. Those jobs are best left unfilled. DONT APPLY FOR A LOW WAGE GET IT?

Neither is linking.

the poster using facts.

Not one link.

greeed-thomas-sowell.jpg

Thank you.

Who is advocating for employers determining what an employees work is worth?

It certainly isn't me. I've made myself clear on this exact point. I think an employer can only determine what the work he's offering is worth.

In my opinion, he has no business telling others what their work is worth.

But you've been clear that you disagree.

This is so baseless, it's meaningless.

It's nothing but appeal to emotion... those terrible, terrible "greedy "employers, with their desire to profit from their business... All the while, their employees have no interest whatsoever in profiting from their work... they're not " greedy" at all... oh no! They only want to " make ends meet" and nothing more.

I submit again this question:

Last edited:
the poster using facts.

Not one link.

greeed-thomas-sowell.jpg

Thank you.

I realize your economic education stopped about the time you learned 10 pennies make a dime, but you understand that both the employer and employee need to agree on wages for employment to take place, right? If the employee is truly underpaid he can find higher paying work.
You don't understand.

kiwiman127 believes that he (or his proxy) possesses the moral authority to determine for EVERYONE what their work is worth. He is very clear about this... the evaluations of the employer and employee regarding their respective work is entirely irrelevant.

What we need to find out from these shitlords is how they came by this authority.

Good employers offer higher wages. Bad companies offer lower wages. SO DONT APPLY AT THOSE PLACES. Those jobs are best left unfilled. DONT APPLY FOR A LOW WAGE GET IT?
So what should someone do who can't get a job anywhere else? Starve?

or $300 a hour? Since you are CLAIMING that the wages paid to employees have no effect on a company's ability to show a profit, why not just legislate poverty out of existence, hmm? "Domestic' companies dont have to compete in a global market (or so you CLAIM) so why not just do this? Then, when your food costs go up by a factor of 10, you can blame it on the "greedy" farmers, right?

It has to stay below how much skilled and educated workers are making.
Why?

Why not raise everyone's salary to 250K a year then everyone would be equal and since labor costs have no effect on businesses or the prices of goods and services then the country will see an economic boom the likes of which has never been seen before?

If I wish to accept wages below the level YOU deem proper, upon what moral authority do YOU declare it illegal for me to accept such wages? Upon what moral authority do YOU deny someone else my services? Upon what moral authority do YOU deny me that employment?

Upon what moral authority do YOU decide for OTHERS what their work (either offered or performed) is worth?

Forum List

Back