Why Not Go After These Clowns Instead Of The NRA?

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
Who's the common thread in all these kids acting out? duh.

Social-Media-Icons.png

They all have a page and they all either hint toward their intentions or openly say what they have in mind. So when are "social media" going to be regulated like any other public utility since they have no intention of regulating themselves?

Social-Media-Icons.png

They all have a page and they all either hint toward their intentions or openly say what they have in mind. So when are "social media" going to be regulated like any other public utility since they have no intention of regulating themselves?
So, you love the 2nd Amendment but you hate the 1st. Ok.

Social-Media-Icons.png

What is it your little fascist heart would like to do to those companies?

• Banned

Social-Media-Icons.png

I could crush this twit but why bother....she'll just start stalking me instead of Sassy. :eusa_snooty:

• Banned

Social-Media-Icons.png

Think first, run your mouth later, moron..

Social-Media-Icons.png

Answer the question...what is it you want the government to do to these companies? Just how do you want the government to interfere with these private companies?

• Banned
Answer the question...what is it you want the government to do to these companies? Just how do you want the government to interfere with these private companies?

You answer the question...when mean girls' online gossip results in a homely girl committing suicide do you not find any culpability by that company. When a kid like this Cruz yesterday is posting pics of his weapons and claiming he would do what Whitman did in Texas, does that company have an obligation to notify law enforcement? They delete the more egregious threats but don't close the account...why not?

Social-Media-Icons.png

What if there was a streamlined process for reporting credible threats?

Credible threats.

And any company who drops the ball and it results in loss of life has to answer for it.

I guess it's fascist to ask for a good faith effort to better facilitate public safety. Yes, it's going to cost money on their end to be a little more diligent about monitoring suspicious activity. Are any of them hurting for cash?

These are private companies -- they GET to decide how their service is used.

Social-Media-Icons.png

When you hear regulated why do you immediately assume taking away rights?

You must hate stop signs and rules about dumping trash on the road.

They all have a page and they all either hint toward their intentions or openly say what they have in mind.
So you are proposing that social media companies be held responsible for policing mental health?

Sheesh and I thought the nanny + surveillance state bullshit that the gub'mint worshipers are always preaching was about as crazy as it gets.

So when are "social media" going to be regulated like any other public utility since they have no intention of regulating themselves?
Apparently you were absent the day they taught the "Conservatives support the idea of limited & smaller government" class, not to mention you don't appear to understand what the phrase "public utility" actually means.

You answer the question...when mean girls' online gossip results in a homely girl committing suicide do you not find any culpability by that company.

No, I do not anymore than I find culpability by that company that made the gun used yesterday or culpability by that company that made the booze drank by a drunk driver.

When a kid like this Cruz yesterday is posting pics of his weapons and claiming he would do what Whitman did in Texas, does that company have an obligation to notify law enforcement? They delete the more egregious threats but don't close the account...why not?

I would say that the company, and anyone that sees the post, has a moral obligation to report it. I do not want to see the government make it a legal obligation, but I will always favor liberty.

I am not sure what closing the account accomplishes that removing the post did not.

So you are proposing that social media companies be held responsible for policing mental health?

Sheesh and I thought the nanny + surveillance state bullshit that the gub'mint worshipers are always preaching was about as crazy as it gets.

So when are "social media" going to be regulated like any other public utility since they have no intention of regulating themselves?
Apparently you were absent the day they taught the "Conservatives support the idea of limited & smaller government" class, not to mention you don't appear to understand what the phrase "public utility" actually means.

Oh, I understand completely what it means and don't condescend to me, asshole. The social media is facilitating countless acts of cruelty and violence without a care in the world as long as the click-count is high enough to draw advertisers' millions while families wonder how the hell their kid can be dead from being on Facebook. It's clear these companies need strict behavior guidelines for their role in the carnage.

You answer the question...when mean girls' online gossip results in a homely girl committing suicide do you not find any culpability by that company. When a kid like this Cruz yesterday is posting pics of his weapons and claiming he would do what Whitman did in Texas, does that company have an obligation to notify law enforcement? They delete the more egregious threats but don't close the account...why not?

uh-huh.... then somebody tell your dear leader to increase, not SLASH funds for background checks which his budget proposal wants to do.

Trump's Budget Cuts Millions Of Dollars From Gun Background Check System

© Aaron Bernstein / Reuters The National Rifle Association spent tens of millions of dollars helping to elect Donald Trump.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump’s newly unveiled budget would cut millions of dollars from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which gun dealers use to verify if someone is banned from buying a gun before selling it to them.

Buried on Page 719 of his fiscal year 2019 budget, released Monday, the president calls for cuts to the National Criminal Records History Improvement Program and the NICS Act Record Improvement Program. Both provide federal grants to states to help them improve their reporting of criminal records and protection orders to the national database for background checks, including domestic violence records.

The two programs are currently funded at $73 million. Trump’s budget proposal for the fiscal year that begins Oct. 1 would slash their funding to $61 million, which amounts to a 16 percent cut.
[...]

Trump's Budget Cuts Millions Of Dollars From Gun Background Check System

I would say that the company, and anyone that sees the post, has a moral obligation to report it. I do not want to see the government make it a legal obligation, but I will always favor liberty.

I am not sure what closing the account accomplishes that removing the post did not.

You're an idiot progressive....don't pretend you give a shit about government control of certain industries...you don't.

The FBI was alerted over Cruz, they just didn't find anything worth investigting. They could not get past Nikolas de Jesus Cruz. This is just another hispanic killer like Pedro Espinsosa or Jose Zarete. Heroes to the campesinos, warriors in the democrat war to make America Aztlan Again.

The FBI was alerted over Cruz, they just didn't find anything worth investigting. They could not get past Nikolas de Jesus Cruz. This is just another hispanic killer like Pedro Espinsosa or Jose Zarete. Heroes to the campesinos, warriors in the democrat war to make America Aztlan Again.

They were alerted by another member, not the company...the company deleted the post.

You're an idiot progressive....don't pretend you give a shit about government control of certain industries...you don't.

I am a libertarian, not a progressive and every post I have made on this forum backs up that fact.

Braindead partisans like you have been accusing me of being a progressive since the day that I have joined, and yet not a single one of you have been able to provide a single post from me to back up that claim.

Your problem is that you equate a dislike of Trump with being a progressive. You are too stupid to understand that there are more than just two political points of view in this country.

You could say that Bernie Sanders was to blame for the radical Sanders supporting democrat maniac who opened fire on a republican baseball team last spring. As a matter of fact Sanders may have had some communication with (and encouraged?) James Hodgkinson who was found with a list of conservative republicans after he was killed by Capital Police. Sanders career should have been over if he was linked to Hodgkinson but the MSM buried the story faster than they buried Hodgkinson.

Social-Media-Icons.png

The pen is mightier than the sword.

How about restricting their use to 18 and up?

Forum List

Back