Why not get a warrant?

SpidermanTuba said:
So in other words, you still have no answer to why Bush would not obtain warrants for these tapes?

HA! I havent offered an opinion on the issue one way or the other. Why do you assume I defend our elected PRESIDENT Bush on this?

I have been reading and not commenting on it because I do not have all the facts, probably never will.

My post you responded to addresses ONLY judicial activism by liberals.

SpidermanTuba said:
FISA allows the warrant to be applied for up to 72 hours AFTER the action is taken. So the timing in urgency argument is bunk because the law makes provisions for it.

The FACT of the matter is, folks, that there is no legitimate reason that Bush would fail to have warrants to obtained for these searchs. Therefore, the only logical conclusion is that some of the warrants were issused for illegitimate purposes. The only logical conclusion is that Bush feared at least some of the warrants would have been denied by a FISA court judge.

Your desire to state "the fact of the matter" seems premature to me. Is it possible our DULY and legally elected PRESIDENT Bush merely wanted to exercise his C in C powers to make sure the liberals dont attempt to squash them later?

The FISA court deals with more than just wiretapping cases. How many warrants are they persented with daily? What are the procedeurs involved with applying for and being granted a warrant?

The only reason I can think of is that by not getting a warrant there is no paper trail that could be used to show any illegal activity.

The Prez doesn't like hair bands.

h00203lpzf2.jpg

Earthling said:
The only reason I can think of is that by not getting a warrant there is no paper trail that could be used to show any illegal activity.

Or maybe it's because getting a warrant requires quite a bit of footwork and paperwork and is only necessary when you plan to use the evidence in a court of law. YOUR reason is simply wishful thinking by somebody who just hates Bush. For all the talks people have about cutting spending, it's surprising that anyone would want to create dozens of tax paid jobs whose sole purpose is to apply for warrants that won't ever be used.

SpidermanTuba said:
Why is it more secure? The FISA court is secret. All warrants would have been classified secrets, and sealed. Futhermore, if the wiretape was time sensitive, application for the warrant could have been delayed up to 72 hours after the start of the tap. To top it all off - warrants are hardly ever denied.

So getting the warrant wouldn't have made us any less secure.

Constitutionally, this is not a time of war. Congress did not declare war. Furthemore, nowhere in the Constitution does it state the President is above the law.

Why are you asking me? I merely answered your question with what he stated. If you want a more dtailed answer from the President because you don't like the one he gave publicly, by all means, e-mail him.

A warrant may put other extremists on notice? Hello fukheads.

Earthling said:

Or maybe he's like most normal people and just hates paperwork. Or maybe he thought he was completely within his authority.

How come this wasn't an issue when Clinton-bob did it?

Forum List

Back