Why not cut military spending?

1ManRev

Nov 11, 2011
Maryland
This question is aimed more towards Republicans, as they're usually the ones crying about the multi-trillion dollar deficit, wasteful federal spending, etc.

I can not think of a bigger waste of taxpayer money then our current "defense" budget, yet the threat of significant cuts to the military magically turns GOP establishment from fiscal hawks to war hawks, warning that any reduction to military spending will jeopardize our national security. #2 ranked China has quadruple our population, yet can manage to defend themselves at a fraction of what the United States spends. At the very least, this screams of inefficiency (perhaps someone can tell the lobbyists from Boeing and Lockheed Martin to F off and reduce the bloated government contracts they get?).

Seriously, someone justify why military cuts should NOT be made?

There's a large group of organized radical muslims who swear death to all of America and have proved they can bring the pain via the acts of 9/11/2001.

So if you hate America, i can definitely see why you'd be all for cutting the defense budget... vastly anyway.

Last edited:

Any idea how many wars our Chickenhawk "Warmonger In Chump" has us involved with right now?

And how many in the Congress keep it going...or even gave thier advice and consent per the Constitution?

How about Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution that mandates a Military?

Funny? I don't see welfare and Social Engineering anywhere in the Constitution...did you brother?

I think the OP is way off base.

Any idea how many wars our Chickenhawk "Warmonger In Chump" has us involved with right now?

And how many in the Congress keep it going...or even gave thier advice and consent per the Constitution?

Funny? I don't see welfare and Social Engineering anywhere in the Constitution...did you brother?

There's a large group of organized radical muslims who swear death to all of America and have proved they can bring the pain via the acts of 9/11/2001.

So if you hate America, i can definitely see why you'd be all for cutting the defense budget.

Oh, off it.

If you really believe that the Pentagon can't wring a paltry couple of percent of waste and fat out of its budgets, you're no better than the losers who squeal to high heaven about ending funding to CPB/NPR/PBS.

Time for the GOP to put the big boy pants on and get serious about cutting spending everywhere.

yes it should be cut.

and the saving should be put into infrastructure building.

when you spend all your money preparing for war and not caplitalism quess what happens

Are you saying we should immediately bail out of Iraq and Afghanistan? And who got us there in the first place?

Should Obama have bailed out of Iraq and Afghanistan a while ago?

Cuts can be made in any branch of government. Waste and corruption can be reduced. That does not mean that whole portions of the military system should disappear.

Awarding contracts to private sector companies to produce modern weapons, munitions, airplanes, boats, vehicles, uniforms and supply chains would boost the economy by creating private sector jobs (for which people are actually PAID WAGES and TAXED on those wages) to maintain an effective, well trained, well equipped military would benefit our economy more than anything Obama has done since he moved into the White House.

I remember when shipyards employed thousands of people, utilized U.S. steel to make big ships, little ships, big boats, little boats...all of which require fittings, furnishings, tools and material handling machinery that can be manufactured in the USA by non-shipyard companies.

Hell! Let's build some military Hospital ships and deploy them in areas of need around the world. Let's build some giant floating grocery stores with landing strips on the top deck so we can park them near starving countries and feed people in need.

So if you hate America, i can definitely see why you'd be all for cutting the defense budget.

Oh, off it.

If you really believe that the Pentagon can't wring a paltry couple of percent of waste and fat out of its budgets, you're no better than the losers who squeal to high heaven about ending funding to CPB/NPR/PBS.

Time for the GOP to put the big boy pants on and get serious about cutting spending everywhere.

Agreed SOME cuts need to be made...but NOT what Obama is doing.

Sorry.

Focus on what's Constitutional, and what isn't.

They're fighting the puny cuts written into the upcoming sequestration.

The GOP establishment has absolutely zero credibility in claiming to be the party of fiscal restraint.

I agree but there he his, Cheney himself, fighting for profiteering for his cronies.

Lets build the infrastructure back so that it can promote capitalism at its highest level

Forum List

Back