Why My Vote For Trump Is Paying Dividends

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sun Devil 92, Nov 30, 2019 at 9:17 AM.

1. Sun Devil 92

Sun Devil 92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,224
    Brett Kavanaugh’s latest opinion should terrify Democrats

Like many on the right, I am highly concerned about the seemingly unchecked overreach of federal agencies.

I realize, of course, it is checked. However, the federal government, being a entity unto itself, has become more emboldended in the things they do.

The left justifies much of it on moral grounds that make no sense.

A prime example is the EPA. Any attempt to pull back the EPA or limit it means "you love dirty water and dirty air". Never mind that almost every state has a state EPA that performs the same function (often colliding with the federal and generally losing).

This panic article by VOX is exactly what I want to see. The SCOTUS (the main reason I voted for Trump) finally pushing back on the expansive activities of the Federal Government.

I love this.....from the article:

Kavanaugh, however, took the unusual step of releasing an opinion explaining why he thought the Court should not hear Paul. His brief opinion praises Justice Neil Gorsuch’s effort to toss out decades of settled law regarding the power of agencies to regulate. Indeed, if anything, Kavanaugh’s Paul opinion suggests that he would restrict federal power even more than Gorsuch would.

Notice how the term "settled law" once again shows up. And once again it is shown that NOTHING is ever completely settled. [After all, Al Gore did say it was a living document]

Well, I voted for Trump to get these two (Gorsuch and Kavenaugh) and I am going to keep fighting for the ability to put conservative son the court. Settled law will continue to become dead law as the court does just what this article is whining about.

Restricting the Federal Government....the original intent of the U.S. Constitution.

Thanks Neil. Thanks Brett.

Keep up the good work.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Sun Devil 92

Sun Devil 92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,224
    And here we have the customary whining about the senate:

Meanwhile, the biggest problem facing Democrats for the foreseeable future is Senate malapportionment. Currently, the Republican Senate “majority” represents 15 million fewer people than the Democratic “minority,” and that’s a significant Republican gain over the previous Senate. In the Senate that confirmed Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, the Republican “majority” represented almost 40 million fewer people than the Democratic “minority.”

Similarly, when the Republican Senate “majority” refused to give a hearing or a confirmation vote to Obama Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland, Democratic senators represented about 20 million more people than Republicans.

The lack of understanding of how the constitution was set up and why it was set up the way it was......is becoming a real problem.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,764
    No it is not becoming a problem. The Constitution is and always has been the answer, if you don't like it pass an amendment.
    If you can't do that then STFU and stop the constant whining.

4. basquebromance

basquebromance Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,181
    “I’m working my ass off,” Trump told a thunderous rally crowd in Sunrise, Florida on Tuesday. “The failed Washington establishment is trying to stop me because I’m fighting for you and because we’re winning. It’s very simple.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sun Devil 92

Sun Devil 92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,224
    Not sure what you are saying. I am saying that people's lack of understanding is the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,764
    Sorry I misread your post as saying that the Constitution was the problem.

p.s. congrats on breaking PSU's 60 "duel meet" unbeaten streak in wrestling!

7. Sun Devil 92

Sun Devil 92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,224
    Hey left wingers......

You keep asking how I can vote for Trump and feel good about it.

When I answer you.....you all seem to shut up and go away.

You lost.

Suck on it.

8. Winco

Winco Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Imbecile
    Dotard
    LOPA
    (D) Lost, I get it.
    Imbecile
    Grab them...….
    Even the evangelical still support this imbecile, dotard, LOSER, WHY?

9. OKTexas

OKTexas Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,180
    Hopefully Trump will get another nomination for the court before the end of the year. Wouldn't that make the commies heads explode?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,303
    Democrats ignore the true and original structure of the three branches of our government, because the 17th usurped power and representation of the states. Why else would they even mention the number of people a senator “represents”. Senators were suppose to the represent states interest, the House was to represent the people’s interest.