Why must we be subjected to fake religions

I gotta spread the love, before I can ding, OR zing ya again..

(I'll leave ya sweat it out on which one) :dev2: :spank3:

nakedemperor said:
Jesus wasn't white, either. He was an arab.

Your right Jesus was Jewish and probably looked alot like the people who live there now. I didn't say he was white, I said he's not black.

Said1 said:
Merci buckets, I'm only here to please.:hail:

Sides, there's plenty of dumbasses to zing for saying stupid (non-humorous) shit anyway. :D

Shattered said:
"Ours"? So... "Santa" is for white people only.. Jesus is for white people only..? I suppose you believe they should be forced to play with white Barbie dolls as well..? They're not *changing* a holiday - they're merely adapting something to fit into thier lifestyle. Nice stereotyping, tho..

No Santa isn't for white people only (although Kwanzaa is only for balcks) and neither is jesus. Why do black people need to change them???

If I become Buddist I'm not all of the sudden going to want the statues to look white. NO, I wouldn't feel the need to change it!!

It seems like blacks want to have their cake and eat it to. BET, ebony awards only for blacks. It fine for blacks to exclude everyone from their shows and awards, but they have to be included in everyone elses awards also. WHY????

I invite everyone on this web sight to check out destee.com this sight was shown to me by a black friend and it really shows how much this group really hates white and latino people.

Who says Kwanzaa is only for blacks?

I can't believe you used BET as an example as well. They have one freakin TV station, and suddenly they're trying to change the world?

I seriously think you are too prejudiced for your own good. There's enough stereotyping in the world, without attacking how people celebrate a holiday.

From the official Kwanzaa Website's FAQ:

5. Can people who are not of African descent participate in Kwanzaa activities?

Kwanzaa is clearly an African holiday created for African peoples. But other people can and do celebrate it, just like other people participate in Cinco de Mayo besides Mexicans; Chinese New Year besides Chinese; Native American pow wows besides Native Americans.

The question is, under what circumstances? There are both communal and public celebrations. One can properly hold a communal celebration dedicated essentially to community persons. But in a public context, say public school or college, we can properly have public celebrations which include others. How this is done depends on particular circumstances. But in any case, particular people should always be in control of and conduct their own celebrations. Audience attendance is one thing; conducting a ritual is another.

The principles of Kwanzaa and the message of Kwanzaa has a universal message for all people of good will. It is rooted in African culture, and we speak as Africans must speak, not just to ourselves, but to the world. This continues our tradition of speaking our own special cultural truth and making our own unique contribution to the forward flow of human history.

So in a way, BOTH sides are right...Kwanzaa is "an AFRICAN holiday for AFRICAN peoples." (one might have an interesting conversation regarding that statement considering that the inventor of Kwanzaa and the vast majority of its participants are African AMERICANS, born and raised in the United States...but perhaps for another time....)

Yet, Kwanzaa's Official Website states that all people can participate.

Gem said:
From the official Kwanzaa Website's FAQ:

So in a way, BOTH sides are right...Kwanzaa is "an AFRICAN holiday for AFRICAN peoples." (one might have an interesting conversation regarding that statement considering that the inventor of Kwanzaa and the vast majority of its participants are African AMERICANS, born and raised in the United States...but perhaps for another time....)

Yet, Kwanzaa's Official Website states that all people can participate.

How nice of them. I would question the validity of the whole "African" angle. Yes, African-American but not African at all. I would bet that almost every African in Africa today has yet to even hear about this holiday, and if they did it would be unlikely for them to celebrate it.

no1tovote4 said:
How nice of them. I would question the validity of the whole "African" angle. Yes, African-American but not African at all. I would bet that almost every African in Africa today has yet to even hear about this holiday, and if they did it would be unlikely for them to celebrate it.

Exactly.

no1tovote4 said:

I was watching a Christmas episode of Futurama last night where Kwanzabot makes an appearence. Too funny. :laugh:

nakedemperor said:
Kwanzaa is not a religion, its a cultural celebration. Moreover, I'm not sure why you qualified it as "fake"; on account of the "lack of thousands who even celebtrate this so-called holiday", possibly? There are lots and lots of people celebrate this holiday. Hundreds of thousands, maybe millions. Kwanzaa is not in opposition to Christmas, it can be celebrated by Christians as well.

NE. I would like for you to do a little research on the origins of Kwanzaa and see what you come up with here is a small piece I found on it and most info I find is very similar. .

Merry Christmas

This is from fox news, not written by me.

I just had to respond to this article because it mentioned Kwanzaa as a "tradition" being kept in a school play. Kwanzaa is not a tradition and I, as a black American, am sick and tired of it being portrayed as such!

This "holiday" was started in 1966 by one Ron Everett (now known as Maulana Karenga — "maulana" is a Swahili word for "master teacher" and is a title he bestowed on himself in the 1960s). Mr. Everett/Karenga is blamed by many for stopping the Black Power movement in the 1960s through his group counter to the Black Panthers, the Us (United Slaves) Organization. Among the deeds of Us were the killing of two Black Panther members in 1969 and the brutal torture of two women whom Mr. Everett/Karenga believed were trying to poison him — despite the fact he had earlier given them the title of "African queen" within his group.

Thankfully, the justice system didn't buy into his story (a court psychologist wondered if he was even sane!) and he was sentenced to serve 1 to 10 years on two counts of felonious assault and one of false imprisonment. In fact, the only acts for which Us (this supposedly pro-black organization) was known were [acts] against blacks!

As for Kwanzaa itself, there is no information about it other than from Karenga himself. He claims it is based on a harvest festival from Africa, but no record of any such type of festival exists. It is entirely possible that festivals occurred for the harvest, but they were not in any way formalized like Karenga would lead us to believe. Oh, and since it is harvest time, it's incredible that it takes place in winter. And the word "kwanzaa" itself? A derivation of the Swahili term "matunda ya kwanza" that means "first fruits." And what's with all the Swahili? Swahili comes from east and central Africa. The overwhelming majority of slaves and their descendants living in America are from west Africa. They never spoke Swahili! This holiday is a sham!

And as for Mr. Karenga's current whereabouts? The convicted felon is a professor at California State University, Long Beach. Don't ask me how a convicted felon, less than five years out of prison, got into a leading role in the Black Studies department at CSU Long Beach, despite provisions in the state education code about employing convicted felons

Isaac Brock said:
Frankly I don't see the big deal. If people celebrate cultural events, religious traditions or whatever and it brings people together then why not celebrate it? Is the mere notion of other people's festivals so disagreeable?

If it ain't white, it ain't right. At least that seems to be the basis for opposition to Kwanzaa.

Bullypulpit said:
If it ain't white, it ain't right. At least that seems to be the basis for opposition to Kwanzaa.

The main opposition is that it was an invented holiday for the cynical purpose of separating the black population from Christianity.

rtwngAvngr said:
The main opposition is that it was an invented holiday for the cynical purpose of separating the black population from Christianity.

What if they want to be separated from Christianity? With christians like Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and Leroy Jenkins, I'd want to get as far from Christianity as I could. Come to think of it, I have. :)

Bullypulpit said:
What if they want to be separated from Christianity? With christians like Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and Leroy Jenkins, I'd want to get as far from Christianity as I could. Come to think of it, I have. :)

Hell Bully--the black baptists will take ya!!! :thewave:

:whip3: I think it falls more within the idea that Christians are tired of being made to feel like their holiday traditions are not to be mentioned for fear of offending all these special interest groups that DEMAND, not request that their own holiday's be observed. I don't have a problem with to each their own, but when I'm told that my own can't be discussed or displayed then I would say there is a huge double standard being applied. I don't agree with the fact that I have to call my CHRISTMAS tree a festive tree, or holiday tree, and other silly names like that. Have your holiday traditions, but leave mine the hell alone.

Bullypulpit said:

Are you saying that blacks are not strong enough to leave a religion if they so desire? That they must be led like fucking sheep by a communist, anti white lib. Your mind is a cesspool. and close that fetid stenchhole.

rtwngAvngr said:
Are you saying that blacks are not strong enough to leave a religion if they so desire? That they must be led like fucking sheep by a communist, anti white lib. Your mind is a cesspool. and close that fetid stenchhole.

No Zippy, you're saying that. Clean up your own cesspool.

Forum List

Back