Why must we be subjected to fake religions

Mariner said:
Can't you imagine that if your grandparents were someone else's property, you might have a desire to identify yourself with the continent they were shipped from, and might be leery of adopting the slaveowners' religion? The slaves' indigenous religions, kin relationships, and culture were all wiped out by the "superior" cultural-absolutist Christians who imported them. It's pretty easy for me to see why Kwanzaa was created.

Did you know that a major impetus to the abolitionist movement was the "barbaric" Barbary pirates? These Arabs routinely captured and enslaved white people who passed by their north African coast. The intense account by the captain of one captured vessel of the horrors of being enslaved prompted many Americans to rethink the rightness of slavery--after all, if brown people could enslave white people, then dark skin couldn't be seen as inherently inferior.

All sorts of holidays and religions have been invented in America, from Thanksgiving to Mormonism. What's the problem?

Mariner.

Let's not forget the BLACK tribes who sold their enemies to the Arab slave traders. Pity for the ancestors of slaves is a joke. They have it better than any black people in the world.

nakedemperor said:
Kwanzaa is not a religion, its a cultural celebration. Moreover, I'm not sure why you qualified it as "fake"; on account of the "lack of thousands who even celebtrate this so-called holiday", possibly? There are lots and lots of people celebrate this holiday. Hundreds of thousands, maybe millions. Kwanzaa is not in opposition to Christmas, it can be celebrated by Christians as well.

You are correct that Kwanzaa is NOT a religion but a culteral celebration. But you are incorrect in that thousands DO NOT celebrate it....Well, if you call all the commie bastards who want to forever get rid of Christianity by demonizing Christmas, then they might count...If they really gave a damn about the fake holiday.

Patriot said:
You are correct that Kwanzaa is NOT a religion but a culteral celebration. But you are incorrect in that thousands DO NOT celebrate it....Well, if you call all the commie bastards who want to forever get rid of Christianity by demonizing Christmas, then they might count...If they really gave a damn about the fake holiday.

If you'd come to New York City I'd be more than happy to direct you to dozens of community centers (and churches for that matter) that organize Kwanzaa celebrations for many, many paritioners. You're simply wrong on this Patriot, you have no frame of reference. Maybe no one you know celebrates it, but that's hardly a logical reason for believing that no one does.

nakedemperor said:
If you'd come to New York City I'd be more than happy to direct you to dozens of community centers (and churches for that matter) that organize Kwanzaa celebrations for many, many paritioners. You're simply wrong on this Patriot, you have no frame of reference. Maybe no one you know celebrates it, but that's hardly a logical reason for believing that no one does.

Maybe you know a few inner city boss tweed slum lord types who force it on their voting bloc, but that doesn't mean it is celebrated legitimately or significantly in any way.

nakedemperor said:

I wouldn't call a church a Church if they are promoting another holiday over a time that should be for recognizing the birth of Christ. Kwanzaa was developed as a way of pulling African-Americans away from the Christian Church. If it truly were for cultural means, they wouldn't have made it coincide with Christmas. It is strictly being offered as an subtle option to Christmas in an effort to confuse and take advantage of the African American community while pulling them away from Christianity.

freeandfun1 said:
I wouldn't call a church a Church if they are promoting another holiday over a time that should be for recognizing the birth of Christ. Kwanzaa was developed as a way of pulling African-Americans away from the Christian Church. If it truly were for cultural means, they wouldn't have made it coincide with Christmas. It is strictly being offered as an subtle option to Christmas in an effort to confuse and take advantage of the African American community while pulling them away from Christianity.

This is pure and utter fiction. It is areligious. If you'd like to provide some documentation on the motivations for origins of Kwanzaa (there are many sources) that legitimize your statement, be my guest. Kwanzaa is a celebration of cultural and ethical values that can be embraced by any denomenation.

rtwngAvngr said:
Maybe you know a few inner city boss tweed slum lord types who force it on their voting bloc, but that doesn't mean it is celebrated legitimately or significantly in any way.

Your ignorance in this matter is astounding. Don't make assertions about things you don't know anything about.

nakedemperor said:
Your ignorance in this matter is astounding. Don't make assertions about things you don't know anything about.

Your willingness to give creedence to fake holidays makes me laugh.

nakedemperor said:
This is pure and utter fiction. It is areligious. If you'd like to provide some documentation on the motivations for origins of Kwanzaa (there are many sources) that legitimize your statement, be my guest. Kwanzaa is a celebration of cultural and ethical values that can be embraced by any denomenation.

Many blacks consider Kwanzaa to be a black thing and wouldn't want whites to embrace it.

I couldn't care less if blacks want to celebrate Kwanzaa, but it really pisses me off when they try to make Santa black.

Trigg said:
Many blacks consider Kwanzaa to be a black thing and wouldn't want whites to embrace it.

I couldn't care less if blacks want to celebrate Kwanzaa, but it really pisses me off when they try to make Santa black.

I just have to ask... Why?

Trigg said:
Santa isn't black!!! Never has been!! Santa comes from Scandinavia and was called St. Nicholas.

If they want to make up their own holidays fine, but don't change ours.
Same thing with making Jesus and the wise men black.

http://www.the-north-pole.com/history/

"Ours"? So... "Santa" is for white people only.. Jesus is for white people only..? I suppose you believe they should be forced to play with white Barbie dolls as well..? They're not *changing* a holiday - they're merely adapting something to fit into thier lifestyle. Nice stereotyping, tho..

You, my dear, sound quite prejudiced. Who really cares if someone has a black santa, and is it really worth all this rage you're about to display?

Pick your battles..

Gotta agree with Shattered on this one...

If people who were choosing to display Santa as black were also stating that he didn't give presents, but rather gathered all the little black children around him and taught them about "the man," then yes, I would agree...

But I LOVE Christmas, my house looks like the North Pole with all of the decorations...one of my little table displays is a collection of Santas that relate to my heritage, I have an Irish Santa and a Scottish Santa...do I think that Santa came from Scotland or Ireland? No, its just a fun way to celebrate the season...for black people, having a black Santa is just a way to celebrate the season in their own way...they aren't trying to change the message.

And as far as black wisemen go...they might not have been black, but you don't think they were all "white", do you?

Same thing with making Jesus and the wise men black.

I have an absolutely gorgeous nativity in my picture window - one of the wisemen is most definitely black. Shall I return it, and insist on an refund?

Forum List

Back