Why must we be subjected to fake religions

Patriot

Rookie
May 7, 2004
Maryland
I am so sick and tired of this fake religion being shoved in my face. Why must humans put up with bullshit and fakery just so we can pat ourselves on the back and commend ourselves on how "good" we are? I am talking about Kwanzaa.

http://www.us.net/mccpta/spotlight/dec01/Kawanza.html

Celebration of Kwanzaa

In 1966, Dr. Maulana Karenga created Kwanzaa to reaffirm and restore African heritage and culture; introduce and reinforce a set of seven principles that African Americans can incorporate in their lives on a daily basis; address the absence of non-heroic holidays in the African American community; serve as a regular communal celebration that reaffirms and reinforces the bonds between African American people; and, put forth self-determination as a statement of the cultural truth as an African people.

The harvest has always been a time for celebration. In many parts of Africa, people celebrate harvest time with parties. After gathering their crops, the family or community comes together. They would bring an offering of food from their harvest. Hunters brought fish to bake and game to roast. After the feast, people danced and sang, beat drums, and played other musical instruments. They gave thanks for their harvest and remembered their ancestors. Dr. Karenga used these African harvest traditions when he created Kwanzaa. He also used words from the African language of Swahili. The word Kwanzaa comes from the Swahili phrase "Matunda ya Kwanza," which means "first fruits of the harvest." The second "a" distinguishes the African American from the African Kwanza.

The traditional Kwanzaa celebration occurs annually from December 26 to January 1. Many African Americans celebrate on January 1. Although Kwanzaa is celebrated at the end of the year, at the same time as the Christian celebration of Christmas, the Hindu celebration of Divali, the Jewish celebration of Chanukah, and traditional New Year’s celebration, it is not designed as an alternative to or replacement for any of these holidays. Kwanzaa is a cultural celebration that may be celebrated jointly with any or all of these year-end holidays.

The seven principles of Kwanzaa are:

Unity, Self Determination,

Collective Work or Responsibility,

Cooperative Economics, Purpose, Creativity, and Faith.

Here is the thing...I have never even HEARD of this religion until Bill Clinton brought it to light in one of his "holiday" speeches. And why force this upon Americans? It isnt like there are thousands who even celebrate this so called holiday. I mean I know many Africans ( I mean "real "ones from the country not the so called "african American" bullshit you here nowadays) especially since I have family memebers from that continent. And everyone that I know and have listend to all celebrate Christmas!

My brother works with a guy named Heinrich. Heinrich immigrated from South Africa. People accuse him of faslifying documents when he lists himself as 'African-American'.

It's a twisted world when our herritage is only authenticated by the colour of our skin.

Patriot said:
I am so sick and tired of this fake religion being shoved in my face.
I am not sure that Kwanzaa is a religious celebration. From the article you have quoted, it sounds as if it is a cultural one instead. But more to the point, what exactly is a "fake" religion? How do you figure out which religions are fake and which are not? Besides, what is wrong with people practicing obscure religions? After all, it was people escaping religious persecution in Europe due to their slightly non-standard religious beliefs that were the first citizens of this country. As such, your position seems to be rather unpatriotic.

Patriot said:
I am so sick and tired of this fake religion being shoved in my face. Why must humans put up with bullshit and fakery just so we can pat ourselves on the back and commend ourselves on how "good" we are? I am talking about Kwanzaa.

Here is the thing...I have never even HEARD of this religion until Bill Clinton brought it to light in one of his "holiday" speeches. And why force this upon Americans? It isnt like there are thousands who even celebrate this so called holiday. I mean I know many Africans ( I mean "real "ones from the country not the so called "african American" bullshit you here nowadays) especially since I have family memebers from that continent. And everyone that I know and have listend to all celebrate Christmas!

Kwanzaa is not a religion, its a cultural celebration. Moreover, I'm not sure why you qualified it as "fake"; on account of the "lack of thousands who even celebtrate this so-called holiday", possibly? There are lots and lots of people celebrate this holiday. Hundreds of thousands, maybe millions. Kwanzaa is not in opposition to Christmas, it can be celebrated by Christians as well.

nakedemperor said:
Kwanzaa is not a religion, its a cultural celebration. Moreover, I'm not sure why you qualified it as "fake"; on account of the "lack of thousands who even celebtrate this so-called holiday", possibly? There are lots and lots of people celebrate this holiday. Hundreds of thousands, maybe millions. Kwanzaa is not in opposition to Christmas, it can be celebrated by Christians as well.

It was made up on the basis of a culture that did not exist beforehand or even then. The entire basis was based on the ideas of one person built only to express and put forward his ideas of what their culture should be, not what it was.

A minority of African-Americans celebrate the "holiday" but most are just as irritated by the way it was made up out of whole cloth by somebody that didn't even have the knowledge to at least choose words for the days of the holiday that come from a part of Africa that much of the forced immigration came from.

no1tovote4 said:
It was made up on the basis of a culture that did not exist beforehand or even then. The entire basis was based on the ideas of one person built only to express and put forward his ideas of what their culture should be, not what it was.

A minority of African-Americans celebrate the "holiday" but most are just as irritated by the way it was made up out of whole cloth by somebody that didn't even have the knowledge to at least choose words for the days of the holiday that come from a part of Africa that much of the forced immigration came from.

So let's start picking apart other "fake" holidays. Thanksgiving? That was made up on a whim. It has cultural boundaries determined by habit, but anyone can celebrate, right? As long as the sentiment is there...

nakedemperor said:
So let's start picking apart other "fake" holidays. Thanksgiving? That was made up on a whim. It has cultural boundaries determined by habit, but anyone can celebrate, right? As long as the sentiment is there...

Thanksgiving was not made up to expressly create a culture that didn't exist before that time like this particular "holiday". This particular "holiday" is an exercise in Social Engineering.

It was not built on any reason other than to get others follow the precepts that the good Dr. put forward when he made it up. He believed that his social engineering would bring forth a better group of African Americans if they just followed the moral precepts he was teaching.

Thanksgiving would not be a valid analogy as it was culturally sound. They didn't even have to make up words to come up with it. It was culturally valid and based soundly within the actual culture of the day, unlike Kwanzaa.

nakedemperor said:

It was based on real history. It was not constructed strictly for political purposes as was kwanzaa. No one celebrates Kwanzaa. It's a joke.

Patriot said:

http://www.us.net/mccpta/spotlight/dec01/Kawanza.html

Celebration of Kwanzaa

In 1966, Dr. Maulana Karenga created Kwanzaa to reaffirm and restore African heritage and culture; introduce and reinforce a set of seven principles that African Americans can incorporate in their lives on a daily basis; address the absence of non-heroic holidays in the African American community; serve as a regular communal celebration that reaffirms and reinforces the bonds between African American people; and, put forth self-determination as a statement of the cultural truth as an African people.

The harvest has always been a time for celebration. In many parts of Africa, people celebrate harvest time with parties. After gathering their crops, the family or community comes together. They would bring an offering of food from their harvest. Hunters brought fish to bake and game to roast. After the feast, people danced and sang, beat drums, and played other musical instruments. They gave thanks for their harvest and remembered their ancestors. Dr. Karenga used these African harvest traditions when he created Kwanzaa. He also used words from the African language of Swahili. The word Kwanzaa comes from the Swahili phrase "Matunda ya Kwanza," which means "first fruits of the harvest." The second "a" distinguishes the African American from the African Kwanza.

The traditional Kwanzaa celebration occurs annually from December 26 to January 1. Many African Americans celebrate on January 1. Although Kwanzaa is celebrated at the end of the year, at the same time as the Christian celebration of Christmas, the Hindu celebration of Divali, the Jewish celebration of Chanukah, and traditional New Year’s celebration, it is not designed as an alternative to or replacement for any of these holidays. Kwanzaa is a cultural celebration that may be celebrated jointly with any or all of these year-end holidays.

The seven principles of Kwanzaa are:

Unity, Self Determination,

Collective Work or Responsibility,

Cooperative Economics, Purpose, Creativity, and Faith.

So much for MrMarblesmas.... Well it was a good run. Merry MrMarblesmas to all, and to all a good night.

Frankly I don't see the big deal. If people celebrate cultural events, religious traditions or whatever and it brings people together then why not celebrate it? Is the mere notion of other people's festivals so disagreeable?

Isaac Brock said:
Frankly I don't see the big deal. If people celebrate cultural events, religious traditions or whatever and it brings people together then why not celebrate it? Is the mere notion of other people's festivals so disagreeable?

Kwanzaa was invented by people who found christmas disagreeable because it was too WHITE. So this is good advice, for the inventor of kwanzaa.

rtwngAvngr said:
It was based on real history. It was not constructed strictly for political purposes as was kwanzaa. No one celebrates Kwanzaa. It's a joke.

Thousands and thousands of people celebrate Kwanza.

How many people celebrate your birthday? No one? YOU'RE a joke.

Also, they found Christmas "too white?". Prove it.

nakedemperor said:
Thousands and thousands of people celebrate Kwanza.

How many people celebrate your birthday? No one? YOU'RE a joke.

Also, they found Christmas "too white?". Prove it.

It was invented in 1966 for purposes of political divisiveness.

rtwngAvngr said:
It was invented in 1966 for purposes of political divisiveness.

And to promote the civic agenda of one Dr. practicing social engineering.

It was not built on any true cultural properties, and in fact it was found later to be in error in many ways including the language choice used in naming the holiday and the days of the holiday. The language used came from a region which almost none of the forced immigration to the US was from. It is not an african holiday, and in no way culturally peculiar to that region of the world. It is simply a study in the practice of social engineering and the willing/unwillingness of people to fall for it.

no1tovote4 said:
And to promote the civic agenda of one Dr. practicing social engineering.

It was not built on any true cultural properties, and in fact it was found later to be in error in many ways including the language choice used in naming the holiday and the days of the holiday. The language used came from a region which almost none of the forced immigration to the US was from. It is not an african holiday, and in no way culturally peculiar to that region of the world. It is simply a study in the practice of social engineering and the willing/unwillingness of people to fall for it.

and another effort to divide our country into races while at the same time claiming separate is not equal.

Can't you imagine that if your grandparents were someone else's property, you might have a desire to identify yourself with the continent they were shipped from, and might be leery of adopting the slaveowners' religion? The slaves' indigenous religions, kin relationships, and culture were all wiped out by the "superior" cultural-absolutist Christians who imported them. It's pretty easy for me to see why Kwanzaa was created.

Did you know that a major impetus to the abolitionist movement was the "barbaric" Barbary pirates? These Arabs routinely captured and enslaved white people who passed by their north African coast. The intense account by the captain of one captured vessel of the horrors of being enslaved prompted many Americans to rethink the rightness of slavery--after all, if brown people could enslave white people, then dark skin couldn't be seen as inherently inferior.

All sorts of holidays and religions have been invented in America, from Thanksgiving to Mormonism. What's the problem?

Mariner.

Forum List

Back