Why Muslims Believe that Islam is the truth

gop_jeff said:
And also with you!!! :halo:

I accidently opened this thread, but I'm wondering if I just hit the end or beginning of a mass... :laugh: (watch it Jeff, I may have to confirm you!)

Kathianne said:
I accidently opened this thread, but I'm wondering if I just hit the end or beginning of a mass... :laugh: (watch it Jeff, I may have to confirm you!)

Actually, we said that at the Protestant Cadet Chapel at West Point! I've only been to one Catholic Mass before... they served communion up front, but there wasn't any wine! I couldn't figure out what to do next, so I took the bread, said thanks to the priest, popped it in my mouth and walked off!

gop_jeff said:
Actually, we said that at the Protestant Cadet Chapel at West Point! I've only been to one Catholic Mass before... they served communion up front, but there wasn't any wine! I couldn't figure out what to do next, so I took the bread, said thanks to the priest, popped it in my mouth and walked off!

Bad boy! or more in reality, bad church! The Catholic Church teaches that the Bread is the body of Christ though transubstiation, focus on 'this is my body...' . Protestant beliefs focus on the 'remember me', thus symbolic. Most Catholic churches today give communion in both forms on Sabbath masses, weddings, and funerals.

The Catholic priests have proven how little faith they actually have. If they really believed in hell they'd not behave as they do. Tells you something doesn't it?

Wade.

wade said:
The Catholic priests have proven how little faith they actually have. If they really believed in hell they'd not behave as they do. Tells you something doesn't it?

Wade.

It's silly to write off faith simply because a few people dont do whats right even when they are supposed to.

It's silly to write off faith simply because a few people dont do whats right even when they are supposed to.

But it's quite a bit more than a few, and these are PRIESTS! If so many priests clearly do not fear the day they will be judged by the God they profess to believe in doesn't this tell you something?

Look at how many pediphile priests have been revealed in the past decade or so. And this is probably only half. And then look at how the Catholic church has handled the whole thing - cover ups and bribes. All the priests and Cardinals and Archbishops involved in that are equally guilty. If they don't believe they will go to hell, why should their parish?

I have obeyed the 10 commandments, minus commandments 1, 3, and 4 (which are irrelevant to a non-believer) more faithfully than any Christian I have known well enough to know if they did or didn't follow them. Christians seem to think it is okay to violate the commandments, as long as they ask or forgiveness.

Wade.

wade said:
But it's quite a bit more than a few, and these are PRIESTS! If so many priests clearly do not fear the day they will be judged by the God they profess to believe in doesn't this tell you something?

Look at how many pediphile priests have been revealed in the past decade or so. And this is probably only half. And then look at how the Catholic church has handled the whole thing - cover ups and bribes. All the priests and Cardinals and Archbishops involved in that are equally guilty. If they don't believe they will go to hell, why should their parish?

I have obeyed the 10 commandments, minus commandments 1, 3, and 4 (which are irrelevant to a non-believer) more faithfully than any Christian I have known well enough to know if they did or didn't follow them. Christians seem to think it is okay to violate the commandments, as long as they ask or forgiveness.

Wade.

Wade, I have to say that for many Christians, unfortunately, your assessment is right on. However, the Bible specifically tells us not to behave like this, in Romans chapter 6.

However, I will say that there are many Christians who do strive to follow God's commandments as best they can.

I believe that if there is a God, more than anything else he is fair, kind, and just. He will judge people based upon how they've lived their lives... confession is not going to absolve sins and God is certainly not vain enough to care about your praising him and let give this one ounce of weight in his judgement of your life.

Religion does have a purpose - but that purpose is about community and basic values - not rituals and blind obediance and support of the status quo as virtually all major denominations of the Christian, Jewish, Moslim, and most other faiths claim. As long as it stays within its bounds (community and basic values) it is fine, but when it goes beyond them it generally causes pain and promotes far more evil than good.

Live your life by the golden rule - surely God will respect this far more than any amout of genuflections.

Wade

Forum List

Back