Why more blacks shot by cops then whites...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Between 2003 and 2009, the DOJ reported that 4,813 people died while in the process of arrest or in the custody of law enforcement.
1,529 ( 31.7% )were black , 2,026 (42% )white.
Exactly How Often Do Police Shoot Unarmed Black Men? | Mother Jones

Now what percent of the US population is white? 72.4% White, Black - 12.6%...
Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What percentage of all USA arrests are by:
Whites: 6,502,919 arrested or percent of USA population (223,553,265- whites ) .03% of population
Blacks 2,640,067 arrested or percent of USA (38,929,319 blacks) or 6.7% of all blacks.
Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So why is it any wonder there is a stereotype that blacks are more likely to be arrested?
You know.. who I feel really sorry for are my black friends that like me are really embarrassed by the majority of those media hounds that are really making the majority of blacks that AREN'T like those the MSM is representing.
I really feel sorry for my black friends that are so embarrassed by these antics and clownish behavior
of a small percentage of the black population.
My black friends are embarrassed to say the least and apologetic that with just 12% of all USA people,
blacks like these constitute 28% of arrests in the USA.
And yes.. blacks ARE singled out more often then whites and arrested..but for cause.
The statistics support this.

SPIKE LEE: I see it. This is about Trayvon Martin. This is about Jordan Davis, Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Ezell [Ford], who was shot a couple days ago, today in St. Louis a couple blocks away another African-American man who was shot and killed today.
They said he had a knife. I just think there is a war on the black male and it's tearing the country apart in my opinion.
Spike Lee: "There Is A War On The Black Male" | Video | RealClearPolitics
Again... Mr. Lee.. the ONLY war we have is with common sense.
Look at the stats... tell me how come with a smaller percent of the population a larger number of blacks commit crimes and as an outcome will become shot... Just by shear numbers.

What are the police suppose to do? Let a criminal go because he is a "black" criminal?

Blacks want to focus on white cops abusing/shooting blacks and minimize the high black on black black crime/murder rate. Poor blacks are suffering a mental delusion of hate and fear and violence. Welfare and white pandering makes it worse. Racism is a lie.

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention keeps data on fatal injuries from 1999 to 2011 and one category is homicides by legal intervention. The term "legal intervention" covers any situation when a person dies at the hands of anyone authorized to use deadly force in the line of duty.

Over the span of more than a decade, 3,596 whites died compared to 1,463 blacks. In that respect, Medved is correct."
Talk show host Police kill more whites than blacks PunditFact

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention keeps data on fatal injuries from 1999 to 2011 and one category is homicides by legal intervention. The term "legal intervention" covers any situation when a person dies at the hands of anyone authorized to use deadly force in the line of duty.

Over the span of more than a decade, 3,596 whites died compared to 1,463 blacks. In that respect, Medved is correct."

No question the ratio is higher for blacks.
of the 308,745,538 Americans in 2010
38,929,319 (12%) are blacks
223,553,265 (72%) whites.
Between 2003 and 2009, the DOJ reported that 4,813 people died while in the process of arrest or in the custody of law enforcement. 1,529 ( 31.7% )were black , 2,026 (42% )white.
So while blacks constituted 31% of the deaths 12% of the entire 308 million population is black.
Meanwhile 42% of the deaths were white and whites constituted 72% of the 308 million population.
Exactly How Often Do Police Shoot Unarmed Black Men Mother Jones

So explain why with less then 12% of the entire USA population, blacks constituted 31% of the deaths ?
Is it conceivable that it isn't so much a "persecution" of blacks as the greater opportunities of death... i.e.
if blacks constitute 31% of the deaths but less then 12% of the population... why???

So explain why with less then 12% of the entire USA population, blacks constituted 31% of the deaths ?
Is it conceivable that it isn't so much a "persecution" of blacks as the greater opportunities of death... i.e.
if blacks constitute 31% of the deaths but less then 12% of the population... why???

Why? Because they are more criminally inclined.

Explain why 13% of the population commits over HALF of ALL violent crime in the u.s.? "slavery" "racism"?

FBI mdash Table 43

FBI mdash Table 43

FBI mdash Table 43

From eric ("my people") holder's Bureau of Just us Statistics.. Sorry..I meant "justice"..

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

The demographic characteristics of homicide victims and
offenders were different from the characteristics of the general
population
Based on available data from 1980 to 2008—

Blacks were disproportionately represented as both homicide
victims and offenders. The victimization rate for blacks (27.8
per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per
100,000). Th e off ending rate for blacks (34.4 per 100,000) was almost
8 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000)
(table 1)

Males represented 77% of homicide victims and nearly 90% of
offenders. Th e victimization rate for males (11.6 per 100,000)
was 3 times higher than the rate for females (3.4 per 100,000).
Th e off ending rate for males (15.1 per 100,000) was almost 9
times higher than the rate for females (1.7 per 100,000).

Approximately a third (34%) of murder victims and almost half
(49%) of the offenders were under age 25. For both victims and
offenders, the rate per 100,000 peaked in the 18 to 24 year-old
age group at 17.1 victims per 100,000 and 29.3 off enders per

In 2008, the homicide victimization rate for blacks (19.6
homicides per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for
whites (3.3 homicides per 100,000)

Black victims were over-represented in homicides involving
drugs, with 62.1% of all drug-related homicides involving black
victims. By comparison, 36.9% of drug-related homicide victims
were white and 1% were victims of other races.

Last edited:

No question the ratio is higher for blacks.
of the 308,745,538 Americans in 2010
38,929,319 (12%) are blacks
223,553,265 (72%) whites.
Between 2003 and 2009, the DOJ reported that 4,813 people died while in the process of arrest or in the custody of law enforcement. 1,529 ( 31.7% )were black , 2,026 (42% )white.
So while blacks constituted 31% of the deaths 12% of the entire 308 million population is black.
Meanwhile 42% of the deaths were white and whites constituted 72% of the 308 million population.
Exactly How Often Do Police Shoot Unarmed Black Men Mother Jones

"So explain why......"

I can, but Coulter so it so much better in "Mugged."

Your real question should be why is there such a high ratio of interaction with police.

Liberals believe that black folk cannot attain the same level of rectitude as whites....and therefore make special accommodations for this group.

This generalized into a special set of rules for black Americans: instead of punishing violence, criminality and sexual promiscuity, as society has with other groups, society protected said behavior as priceless cultural artifacts, producing a black underclass. “THEY are afraid to say so in public, but many of the North's big-city mayors groan in private that their biggest and most worrisome problem is the crime rate among Negroes.” National Affairs THE NEGRO CRIME RATE A FAILURE IN INTEGRATION - TIME

Forum List

Back