Why McCain?

Haro

Sep 9, 2008
I want to hear a logical reason to support McCain. 'Because he is the best choice' and 'I do not like Obama' do not count as 'logical' answers.

Because I trust him. He votes closer to my political beliefs than Obama does. He supports the second amendment and don't tell me that Obama does as well. I live in Illinois. I know what our gun laws are like and they suck. Obama wants to ban all handguns and semi-automatic firearms.

I cannot in good conscience vote for some who wants to limit a fundamental right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.

Because I trust him. He votes closer to my political beliefs than Obama does. He supports the second amendment and don't tell me that Obama does as well. I live in Illinois. I know what our gun laws are like and they suck. Obama wants to ban all handguns and semi-automatic firearms.

I cannot in good conscience vote for some who wants to limit a fundamental right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.

Well John McCain supports the Patriot Act which pretty much destroys our civil liberties... Also, despite their recent endorsement for John McCain, the NRA has had a lot of criticism for McCain in the past.

1. Will veto any spending bills with pork barrel earmarks.
2. Will not raise taxes.
3. Will not have government run health care.
4. Will secure the borders and then work on bipartisan immigration reform.
5. Will appoint judges who do not legislate from the bench.
6. Will freeze government spending.
7. Will have an all the above energy policy.
8. Will aggressively pursue the war on terror.

Well John McCain supports the Patriot Act which pretty much destroys our civil liberties... Also, despite their recent endorsement for John McCain, the NRA has had a lot of criticism for McCain in the past.

Just for fun, go ahead and explain to me how that Patriot Act destroys your civil liberties. Be sure not to use liberal talking points, just facts. Quote the bill, if you can.

Red Dawn Wrote:
other than the fact they hated Gore and Kerry

Yes, because all the Dems LOVED Kerry...they were thrilled with that choice...it had nothing to do with voting against Bush...they just wanted the nation to be run by John F. Kerry. ROFL. What a load of crap.

To start with the simplest answer, McCain was not my choice and I'm not thrilled with the choice I have this year. I'm not excited about his candidacy, but I am very nervous about an Obama presidency. I think that McCain has better "takes" on education, foreign policy, actual bipartisanship, energy, and perhaps most importantly, in my opinion - I would prefer someone who doesn't think that the election of Supreme Court judges should be based on how "empathetic" the judges will be...that alone should disqualify Obama as a serious candidate.

Last edited:
Just for fun, go ahead and explain to me how that Patriot Act destroys your civil liberties. Be sure not to use liberal talking points, just facts. Quote the bill, if you can.

Kevin's not a Liberal Crimson. So he wouldn't be using Liberal talking points. :lol:

I don't trust Obama. I don't know Obama. Obama is evasive and he lies. Therefore McCain.

2. Will not raise taxes.

1. Voted for $150 billion worth of pork in the bailout bill last week.

2. Just throw it on our tab then?

3. Ok.

4. Secure the borders with what? Our military is spread so thin around the world that there's few troops for the borders.

5. We'll see I suppose.

6. Incorrect. Wants to increase yearly federal spending by nearly $100 billion. 2008 Presidential Candidate Spending Analyses

7. No comment.

8. An endless and un-winnable war that is costing us how many trillions a year?

2. Will not raise taxes.

1.) Impossible
2.) Bush 41 said the same thing, Lie.
3.) Government will tax the health care plan he supports.
4.) So would Obama.
5.) So would Obama.
6.) Impossible if he wants to do some of the things he plans.
7.) Obama has a better energy policy, McCain just focuses on Nuclear and actually has supported Ethanol.
8.) So would Obama except he wouldn't do it unrashly, McCain doesn't plan to follow Osama to the gates of hell as planned. Turns out Hell has been Pakistan for the past seven years.

Though here's my question, if McCain says he can do all this stuff; then when the fuck was he going to tell the rest of us? He's waited 20+ years to tell us, oh hey guys I can do this? Bulllllllllshit!

I don't trust Obama. I don't know Obama. Obama is evasive and he lies. Therefore McCain.

He's only been vetted by the media, the Clinton campaign, and the McCain campaign for the past 20+ months.

There are no dead hookers, kids that aren't his, racist rants,etc. So get over it.

You don't trust Obama for no good reason. And what has Obama lied about? And been evasive about?

He's only been vetted by the media, the Clinton campaign, and the McCain campaign for the past 20+ months.

There are no dead hookers, kids that aren't his, racist rants,etc. So get over it.

You don't trust Obama for no good reason. And what has Obama lied about? And been evasive about?

That's why I don't like these why questions. An answer given is never taken at face value, like I really mean it. It always leads to some know it all giving a lame assed arguement. Like I haven't heard that a hundred times before.

That's why I don't like these why questions. An answer given is never taken at face value, like I really mean it. It always leads to some know it all giving a lame assed arguement. Like I haven't heard that a hundred times before.

Well he asked for reasons, not BS ones like I don't trust him.

Because in that case, Politicians in general should not be trusted.

If you can't give me a couple actual explainations for what you said, then how can I expect to take what YOU say at face value in the first place?

Well he asked for reasons, not BS ones like I don't trust him.

Because in that case, Politicians in general should not be trusted.

If you can't give me a couple actual explainations for what you said, then how can I expect to take what YOU say at face value in the first place?

Unable to trust is reason enough not to elect any person.

Forum List

Back