Why Libs Fail At Talk Radio

I think they mostly fail because they are not funny. People cannot listen to long, intense, agitated tirades on a persistent basis. It's too exhausting.

I think they mostly fail because they are not funny. People cannot listen to long, intense, agitated tirades on a persistent basis. It's too exhausting.

it would seem that Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity would tend to disprove that theory.

it would seem that Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity would tend to disprove that theory.

Rush and Sean give both sides of the isuue

They have publicly disagreed with Pres Bush and Republicans on many issues

Liberals just rant and rave - that is why they fail on the radio

You didn't read the wiki, did you? Read the wiki. The wiki will tell you.

I did read it and I still fail to see your point. Is it the differentiation between public funding and govt funding? If so even the wiki maintains that funding for public radio comes largely from the govt.

I did read it and I still fail to see your point. Is it the differentiation between public funding and govt funding? If so even the wiki maintains that funding for public radio comes largely from the govt.

But they still hit up their suckers, eh - listeners up for money

Much like Air Amercia did before they filed for bankruptcy

Oh get over yourself. It is commone knowledge that Air America went bankrupt

Besides having no listeners, no sponsors, no revenue coming in, and no callers - Air America did not do to bad as a talk show network

"People cannot listen to long, intense, agitated tirades on a persistent basis. It's too exhausting."

yet people apparently listen to those two for hours on end. THAT'S how so.

Because Rush and Sean point out the truth about Dems

While liberal talk radio is nothing but hate and rage?

There is a difference

"People cannot listen to long, intense, agitated tirades on a persistent basis. It's too exhausting."

yet people apparently listen to those two for hours on end. THAT'S how so.

If you actually listened to them you would know better. What i think it really is though the complete lack of any optisim with regards to anything that is conveyed on a liberal forumn. It's just plain negative all the time. If you actually listened to Rush and Sean which I doubt you do, you would know they are both rather optimistic about the future of this country and generally offer a sense of perspective on current events. All libs do is talk how everything is going to hell and hand basket, then tell you who's to blame, then offer no solution.

Perhaps because people such as yourself can't tell the difference b/t a politcal party and an ideology. There is major difference b/t conservative radio/TV and Republican radio/tv.

Secondly radio and TV can't really be compared. For one thing when you listen to talk radio which is primarily conservative, people know right away that what they are listening to is conservative. It comes with a proverbial banner if you will that would read "This is conservative."

The same is not true of television. There are few if any TV shows that I am aware of that come with a similar disclaimer that readily identifies it as conservative or liberal.

The fundamental difference b/t the two I see is that ideology on the radio comes as advertised. A conservative radio program will tell that it is a conservative radio program. Again the same is not true for television. What is presented and advertised on the nigtly news or shows that are even more apparently liberal is advertised as news or purely objective when it quite clearly isn't for example Bill Mahr's show or people like Chris Matthews. Libs need proof? Libs rant up and down about how horribly conservative Fox News is. And even I would confess that it is somewhat right of center, but Fox News certainly isn't saying so are they?

It comes down to the consumer in the end and conserbvative programmin has shown that it doesn't need to dupe people into thinking something is what it isn't. It's Frosted Flakes saying here try some Frosted Flakes. As oppossed to liberal programming which tries to pass itself off as Frosted Mini-Wheats when it's really more like steamed broccoli....yuck.

Obviously you havent seen Hannity's America. I think that is a giant Bias stamp on Fox news. It sickens me that the intro to this show is a typical brainwashing intro, with country music, cowboy images, american flags. Who does this guy think he is representing? And the "enemy of the state" segment is stupid. All he does is bash OSCAR winning actors, and act like he is a true non elite american. What a joke.

If you actually listened to them you would know better. What i think it really is though the complete lack of any optisim with regards to anything that is conveyed on a liberal forumn. It's just plain negative all the time. If you actually listened to Rush and Sean which I doubt you do, you would know they are both rather optimistic about the future of this country and generally offer a sense of perspective on current events. All libs do is talk how everything is going to hell and hand basket, then tell you who's to blame, then offer no solution.

I listen to Hannity every single workday afternoon on the way home from work. If you actually had any fucking idea what I listened to, then maybe you could tell me what I wasn't listening to. Hannity's show is subtitled, the stop Hillary Express.... it is nothing but liberal bashing and Bush dick sucking from start to finish..... Sean and his callers each regaling one another with "You are a great American, Sean...no....YOU are the great American, caller" It reminds me of Star Trek Vulcans saying "live long and prosper". How anyone can be "optimistic" when we are losing Americans every day in Iraq, when the insurgency continues to grow even in the face of our "surge", when AQ and OBL have remained basically untouched since 9/11, when America is not substantially safer now than it was on 9/11 despite flushing a trillion dollars down the shitter, is fucking beyond me. Be optimistic when it is appropriate.... be concerned when there is cause for concern.

Oh get over yourself. It is commone knowledge that Air America went bankrupt
That cherry was delicious. How about these others?

Dead Air America went bankrupt because it as wall to wall hate

Hosts openly hoping for the murder of Pres Bush
- has Rush or Sean ever hoped any Dem died?

Let's make a whole pie!

I listen to Hannity every single workday afternoon on the way home from work. If you actually had any fucking idea what I listened to, then maybe you could tell me what I wasn't listening to. Hannity's show is subtitled, the stop Hillary Express.... it is nothing but liberal bashing and Bush dick sucking from start to finish..... Sean and his callers each regaling one another with "You are a great American, Sean...no....YOU are the great American, caller" It reminds me of Star Trek Vulcans saying "live long and prosper". How anyone can be "optimistic" when we are losing Americans every day in Iraq, when the insurgency continues to grow even in the face of our "surge", when AQ and OBL have remained basically untouched since 9/11, when America is not substantially safer now than it was on 9/11 despite flushing a trillion dollars down the shitter, is fucking beyond me. Be optimistic when it is appropriate.... be concerned when there is cause for concern.

and you do not hear the hate you would hear if you found a liberal host to listen to

Really, what libs are you referring to? I havent seen any libs have a COW over FOX NEWS or 24 which by the way is a liberal show. They make the repubs look like Idiots and they have specifically focused on bush's policies and how detrimental they are.

Libs have a cow over Fox News and "24" which has been called a right wing show

I listen to Hannity every single workday afternoon on the way home from work. If you actually had any fucking idea what I listened to, then maybe you could tell me what I wasn't listening to. Hannity's show is subtitled, the stop Hillary Express.... it is nothing but liberal bashing and Bush dick sucking from start to finish.....

As oppossed to a complete lack of republican bashing that goes on, on lib shows right? And why wouldn't he? He is a conservative. He has a forum for it so he is probably gonna do whatever he can to say why he thinks Hillary is a bad choice.

P.S. why don't u get a little more touchy while you're at it.

Sean and his callers each regaling one another with "You are a great American, Sean...no....YOU are the great American, caller" It reminds me of Star Trek Vulcans saying "live long and prosper".

Again as oppossed to callers fawning over Al Franken when they called into his show? Why don't you really say what you mean? Being a lib you just can't stand anybody saying they admire a conservative.

How anyone can be "optimistic" when we are losing Americans every day in Iraq, when the insurgency continues to grow even in the face of our "surge", when AQ and OBL have remained basically untouched since 9/11, when America is not substantially safer now than it was on 9/11 despite flushing a trillion dollars down the shitter, is fucking beyond me. Be optimistic when it is appropriate.... be concerned when there is cause for concern.

Thanks for proving my point. Hard to be an optimist when you're a pessemist isn't it?

Obviously you havent seen Hannity's America. I think that is a giant Bias stamp on Fox news. It sickens me that the intro to this show is a typical brainwashing intro, with country music, cowboy images, american flags. Who does this guy think he is representing? And the "enemy of the state" segment is stupid. All he does is bash OSCAR winning actors, and act like he is a true non elite american. What a joke.

Again you missed the point of my post. On Hannities show he says he's a conservative. It isn't brainwashing at all. Most people would affiliate country music and cowboys with conservativism. No one's trying to dupe you man.

As far as the enemies of the state are concerned it is meant to be somewhat satirical. He isn't phoning up the authorities afterwards calling for people's arrest. the main point of those segements is to point out how stupid it is to get political opinoins from a bunch of uneducated movie star elitists/

Really, what libs are you referring to? I havent seen any libs have a COW over FOX NEWS or 24 which by the way is a liberal show. They make the repubs look like Idiots and they have specifically focused on bush's policies and how detrimental they are.

Libs are always having a cow over Fox News

As far as "24" - Keith Liberman has been foaming at the mouth over the show. Part of the hysteria could be, whenever the news is on a TV - they have Fox News on the screen

So Keith Olbermann doesn’t like the hit television series “24” or the hit conservative media blog NewsBusters. Somebody knock me over with a feather.

Considerably more shocking is KO wasting airtime offering these opinions to his viewers as if they’d be at all surprised by his feelings on these subjects. Oh, that’s right – that’s what he does five nights a week for MSNBC. And they pay him for it.

Potentially just as comical is someone wasting bandwidth pointing out somebody pointing out what is obvious? I feel your pain, but would like to ameliorate it by suggesting that Olbermann’s distaste for an award-winning television program might give us great insight into how the media clearly don’t believe that terrorism is a threat to this nation.

Maybe more importantly, their goal is to diminish the country’s perception that such a threat exists so the citizenry will end up viewing the Bush administration and conservatives as being the real enemy thereby making Democrat successes at the polls more likely.

To achieve this, press representatives such as Olbermann dutifully challenge all references to terrorism, belittling not only those making them but those foolish enough to believe them, and, whenever possible, tying their origin to the Administration regardless of how tangentially or speciously.

To examine the viability of this premise, let’s analyze some key statements and questions uttered by Olbermann on Tuesday’s “Countdown” as reported by the MRC’s Brent Baker:

Is 24 just entertainment or is it propaganda designed to keep people thinking about domestic terrorism to keep us scared?
Fox portrays a fictionalized America riddled with terrorists, which helps keep part of the real America convinced we might really be riddled with terrorists…Gripping drama or thinly veiled propaganda?
The fear is fictional on the series 24, but is the intent to spark real fear among real Americans? Fear that can be turned into political gain.
It's a familiar tactic for grabbing and holding the public's attention beloved by both the Bush administration and, just as another example, Fox News Channel.
Is 24 propaganda? Is it fearmongering? Or is it a program-length commercial for one political party?
But if the irrational right can claim that the news is fixed to try to alter people's minds or that networks should be boycotted for nudity or for immorality, shouldn't those same groups be saying 24 should be taken off of TV because it's naked brainwashing?
Is there some tangible way that this could actually help a President who has relied, who has campaigned on, you know, our party will protect you and the other guys, well, you're on your own?
Fascinating stuff, wouldn’t you agree? Makes you wonder if KO is seeing a psychiatrist for this obvious paranoia that he’s suffering from.

Yet, within the delusions that a television drama is being used as a tool to brainwash the population is a deplorable cynicism concerning that population’s lack of intellectual capacity. After all, Olbermann is suggesting that the public doesn’t understand the difference between a news program and a weekly TV show with Hollywood actors in it.

Though it is never surprising when liberals put themselves above average citizens, in this case even KO’s devotees should be offended by the suggestion.

Regardless, in the midst of Olby’s paranoia concerning this grand Rupert Murdoch cabal to brainwash the public into believing that a terrorist threat exists is a deliciously paradoxical effort to persuade his viewers that one doesn’t. And, it seems that this is by no means a newly-found objective on KO’s part.

Forum List

Back