Why Libertarians Oppose War

No disagreement here on your take on most of those regimes, but please explain to me how any of those actions affected the liberty and freedoms of the American people - especially Vietnam and Korea where conscription was in place...Take your time...

About the same way the Soviet Union did, even though they lacked the means to invade and occupy the U.S.

This answer is so beyond a fail, it beggar's belief....

Translation: The answer is so true I have nothing to refute it.

You have nothing to argue. You have failed to make a decent argument or refutation in the last two days.
I don't have time for ignorant sheep fuckers so on to iggy you go.

The total number of casualties in World War I, both military and civilian, were about 37 million: 16 million deaths and 21 million wounded.
WWI lasted 4 years.

World War II casualty statistics vary greatly. Estimates of total dead range from 50 million to over 70 million. The sources cited on this page document an estimated death toll in World War II of 62 to 78 million, making it the deadliest war ever. When scholarly sources differ on the number of deaths in a country, a range of war losses is given, in order to inform readers that the death toll is disputed. Civilians killed totaled from 40 to 52 million, including 13 to 20 million from war-related disease and famine. Total military dead: from 22 to 25 million, including deaths in captivity of about 5 million prisoners of war.
WWII lasted 6 years

The Korean War dead: US: 36,940 killed; PVA: 100,000–1,500,000 killed; most estimate some 400,000 killed; KPA: 214,000–520,000; most estimate some 500,000. ROK: Civilian: some 245,000–415,000 killed; Total civilians killed some 1,500,000–3,000,000; most estimate some 2,000,000 killed.
Korea lasted 3 years.

The lowest casualty estimates, based on the now-renounced North Vietnamese statements, are around 1.5 million Vietnamese killed. Vietnam released figures on April 3, 1995 that a total of one million Vietnamese combatants and four million civilians were killed in the war. The accuracy of these figures has generally not been challenged. 58,226 American soldiers also died in the war or are missing in action. Australia lost almost 500 of the 47,000 troops they had deployed to Vietnam and New Zealand lost 38 soldiers.
Vietnam lasted just over 8 years

As for both Iraq wars and Afghanistan estimates run from less than 500,000 to just over 1.5 million. This discrepancy is due primarily to different criteria for "war" deaths being applied for political, practical and organizational, agenda driven desires.
These wars have lasted 9 years.

It looks like as war gets more modern, casualties have decreased dramatically.
(If WWI had lasted 2 more years casualties could potentially have been comparable to WWII)

only because the scope of the wars decreased dramatically.

The dispute was our life, liberty, and property. al-Qaeda was behind 9/11, and most of the people behind that attack were from Saudi Arabia not Afghanistan.

You're not really claiming that Taliban control over Afghanistan had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, are you?
That would make you the biggest hack on this board. Bigger than JakeStarkey.
Well, OK, maybe not that big. But really really big.

The situation in Afghanistan certainly gave al-Qaeda a nice base in the country, and I doubt the Taliban were upset about 9/11. But it should be noted that it was al-Qaeda, not the Taliban, that were behind 9/11.

So, if one of you libertards were in charge of the country, Bin Laden wouldnt be hiding in some cave somewhere, hed be sipping margaritas on the front steps of the US embassy in Afghanistan and giving us the finger, because YOU dont like war.

Youre such a dumbass. It amuses me that you think youre a well read and critically thinking sort of indivdual. You dont know jack shit bud.

Last edited:
About the same way the Soviet Union did, even though they lacked the means to invade and occupy the U.S.

You have nothing to argue. You have failed to make a decent argument or refutation in the last two days.

people might take you seriously if you didn't flip them off continually and fling your feces every time you read something that violates your morbid opinions.

Just sayin.

You're not really claiming that Taliban control over Afghanistan had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, are you?

The situation in Afghanistan certainly gave al-Qaeda a nice base in the country, and I doubt the Taliban were upset about 9/11. But it should be noted that it was al-Qaeda, not the Taliban, that were behind 9/11.

So, if one of you libertards were in charge of the country, Bin Laden wouldnt be hiding in some cave somewhere, hed be sipping margaritas on the front steps of the US embassy in Afghanistan, because YOU dont like war.

I am no libtard, but I oppose war on almostly exactly the same basis as the OP.

So I can answer your question by saying: no. While war is unwholesome simple assassinations of rogue belligerents is a far better tactic.

If we can't manage to assassinate Saddam Hussein, rather than invading his nation, we can always hire Mossad to do it.

But we managed to assassinate our own "dangerous" leaders without error, so I am sure we can do the same to foreign leaders.

So, if one of you libertards were in charge of the country, Bin Laden wouldnt be hiding in some cave somewhere, hed be sipping margaritas on the front steps of the US embassy in Afghanistan and giving us the finger, because YOU dont like war.

Youre such a dumbass. It amuses me that you think youre a well read and critically thinking sort of indivdual. You dont know jack shit bud.

Ja, is that you?

More ignorant blathering from a right-wing nut....

Translation: I just got my arse kicked, so I'll head off with my tail between my legs and lick my festering wounds....:cool:

The Rabbi cannot sensibly argue a point.

Rab, make a point, give good evidence, and we can discuss it.

Your yelling means absolutely nothing other than you are yelling.

The Rabbi cannot sensibly argue a point.

Rab, make a point, give good evidence, and we can discuss it.

Your yelling means absolutely nothing other than you are yelling.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je4cbBY0R0Y]YouTube - Ronald Reagan says STFU[/ame]

Forum List

Back