Why Liberals Want To Ban The AR-15

***\\\This Is My Opinion///***

I believe Liberals want to ban the AR-15 for two reasons...

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

That's why the big push to ban the AR-15.

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.
Wrong. It's a semi-automatic rifle. Those are common as dirt.

Being semi automatic is not the reason they should be regulated.

Hey Bullshit, every firearm out there is just as semi-automatic except a bolt action elephant rifle.

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.
Wrong. It's a semi-automatic rifle. Those are common as dirt.

Being semi automatic is not the reason they should be regulated.

So what is the reason? Because the sights are better and the barrel doesn't deform?

what about the most obvious reason... they are most often used to kill school children and innocent citizens in mass murder shootings. Why did you leave that very obvious reason out?

I’m thinking killers don’t really care much about the type of weapon they intend to use...I’m thinking they commit to carrying out the act first...I don’t see many backing out once they realize that an AR-15 isn’t readily available.

Yet they seem to be the weapon of choice more often than not.

I’d guess they’d use whatever weapon happens to be the trendy, popular weapon of the time...no?
The Kenyan put more AR-15’s on the street than anyone...he alone made the AR the most popular rifle in America.

No the NRA with crazy accusations did that.

So it’s not the total number of people killed that you’re concerned about...it’s the total number killed in a single incident? Am I understanding you right?
When it comes to mass killings? Absolutely.

When it comes to the US firearm homicide rate, handguns should be severely restricted in order to lower it. Especially as around half of all US firearm homicides are committed with handguns.

“Half”....huh?
“In 2010, 358 murders were reported involving a rifle while 6,009 were reported involving a handgun; another 1,939 were reported with an unspecified type of firearm. About 1.4 million people have died from firearms in the U.S. between 1968 and 2011.”

what about the most obvious reason... they are most often used to kill school children and innocent citizens in mass murder shootings. Why did you leave that very obvious reason out?

I’m thinking killers don’t really care much about the type of weapon they intend to use...I’m thinking they commit to carrying out the act first...I don’t see many backing out once they realize that an AR-15 isn’t readily available.

Yet they seem to be the weapon of choice more often than not.

I’d guess they’d use whatever weapon happens to be the trendy, popular weapon of the time...no?
The Kenyan put more AR-15’s on the street than anyone...he alone made the AR the most popular rifle in America.

No the NRA with crazy accusations did that.

“Crazy accusations” such as?

Representing one of the murdered US-American children, which the public opinion in the USA ignores, by producing always only the same empty rituals (from "How is this possible?" to "We pray for the victims" to selling more weapons). With every new mass-murder and school massacre let me say: Private persons don't need weapons - specially no one needs war weapons. The weapon addicts of the USA (psychologically sick people) are a titanic terroristic threat for everyone. You send children in schools, while they are not able to know, whether they will come home again every day during long years. This makes everyone sick. What a luck that they have to live in fear of armed teachers too meanwhile. You are a sick nation with sick children and a sick propaganda for sick nonsense.

Last edited:

That´s the purpose of a weapon.
Those who intent to use weapons illegally are not going to turn them in. Borders open to criminal cartels, citizens stripped of their arms, that is not in your interest.

Those who are intent to manufacture meth and sell it to school kids won't turn their equipment either. Does that mean it shouldn't be illegal?
Largely, it is, as well as the ingredients.

Not really. Check out what guns Charles Whitman used. There is also Lee Harvy Oswald. Even for his times the fun he used to kill a presidant was about as shitty as they come. It's not the weapons it's the people behind them.

The AR-15 wasn't as readily available for Whitman, and Lee Harvey Oswald shot one person.

That one shot was all it took. As far as Whitman go's, he was armed with the top of the line weapons. At the time, his .357 magnum was the baddest thing. The M-1 carbine was a flat out man killing weapon borne and bread. And that Remington bolt action rifle did all the killing. Can't say what caliber his was, I have one in 30/06 and it only holds 5 rounds. Like I said, it's the persons willingness to carry out a plot, not the stuff he uses.

Not really. Check out what guns Charles Whitman used. There is also Lee Harvy Oswald. Even for his times the fun he used to kill a presidant was about as shitty as they come. It's not the weapons it's the people behind them.

The AR-15 wasn't as readily available for Whitman, and Lee Harvey Oswald shot one person.
Nevertheless, he killed 11 people and wounded 31.

Over a period of more than 1 1/2 hours with no real response to his attack.

Nevertheless, he killed 11 people and wounded 31.

Over a period of more than 1 1/2 hours with no real response to his attack.

Very true. And stuff like that was pretty rare. He was able to shoot at people who had no idea a shooting was even going on.

That one shot was all it took. As far as Whitman go's, he was armed with the top of the line weapons. At the time, his .357 magnum was the baddest thing. The M-1 carbine was a flat out man killing weapon borne and bread. And that Remington bolt action rifle did all the killing. Can't say what caliber his was, I have one in 30/06 and it only holds 5 rounds. Like I said, it's the persons willingness to carry out a plot, not the stuff he uses.

The hour and a half that he had with virtually nothing to stop him probably helped. That was back before quick response teams and such. He would have probably had longer but 3 cops and a librarian, with no real plan just happened to meet up a floor or two below him and were able to take him out. As long as he took between shots, he could have had almost as much luck with a single shot.

Wow, you are still playing that same tired old BS tune over and over again. Just so you won't feel that you got away with anything, I'll respond to your post.

1. The AR looks the way it does because of it's design to do one job and one job alone. Not one ounce of design was wasted on anything else. That job was for a scared shitless 18 year old with little training to kill people in combat as quickly and for as long as necessary. And unless you haven't noticed, that same design is still the dominant design in ALL combat rifles. Yes, Combat Rifles, not piddly little 9mm short ranged guns not much more than automatic handguns. There is a reason I bring up the function of the AR. I once was one of those scared shitless teens in combat that owes his life to that weapon. And I have experience with the original AR-15 Model 601 all the way through the M-16A-4 and the Civilian AR-15. It's not scary looking. It's functional to a fault. And in a combat situation, even the M16A-4 fires semi auto. The 3 shot burst is worthless and is rarely used. That means that the Civilian AR and the M-16A-4 have exactly the same capability in combat. And it's not because it's scary. It's because it's functional. Take it from an old scared shitless teen.

2. If you make a rifle more powerful, you start losing the function of the AR. When you go from a light combat rifle to a Battle Rifle you lose some of the functions that makes the AR the best combat rifle ever made. Even if you try and keep the same features, the weight goes up, the number of available rounds goes down. Packing a 5 to a 7 lbs rifle versus a 10 to a 12 lb rifle and then the reduction of available rounds means your capability actually went down. There is a reason that almost every combat troop carries an AR derivative. And only a few carries a more powerful weapon like the M-240 or the M-249. Those two are heavy and a second support person has to carry the ammo. Try carrying one of the more powerful weapons in combat for 12 to 18 hours and it will become quite apparent why the M-14 was replaced. Just because the caliber has more power doesn't make the gun any more lethal. The AR has only the features to kill at a high rate and nothing is left over for anything else. You can say that "They" will next go after the more powerful weapons but you'll find that the more powerful weapons or war are already covered by the Class 3 FFL aren't readily available in the Civilian world. If you think they are, you watch way too many fictional movies.

Let's add a 3. Stop using the word "Ban". Firearms are not banned. Not a single one. And this includes full automatic machine guns. They are regulated. If you want a fully auto machine gun, you can buy one after you apply for a Class 3 FFL license. Those are not hard to obtain. Almost every law abiding citizen can easily obtain one. It's not much harder to pass one of those than it is to pass a standard Background Check. So you need to change your fear tactic from Ban to Regulate. the Lie is wearing thin.

...and Political correctness has made them fucking retarded

That's a lie. Hand guns are used in most mass shootings.

Sure...but let's say your wet dream came true and ALL AR15's were gone.

Mass shootings would still occur......with other types of guns.....so then, on the heels of succeeding on taking away AR15's that exact same strategy would then be used to remove the NEXT "most dangerous gun"....and the next....and the next....until finally all we had to defend our homes with was a phone and a prayer.

Why don't we instead focus our energy on THE REAL PROBLEM....mental health issues?

Taking away Constitutional Rights does not solve the REAL problem.

Let's look at some facts.

1. No one can ban an AR. But it can be taken to the next level to a Class 3 FFL. You can still own it.

2. Those that have some sort of license whether it be a FFL or even a CCW are NOT the problem and never have been.

3. Having to have a license to own a weapon listed as a Class FFL (they may even make a special class for the AR) does NOT take away your Constitutional Rights according to Heller V D.C.. In fact, locally, the Government can require a special requirement for you to own an AR if it is in the best interest of the community. If they say that there will be NO ARs, then you can force them to create that special licensing. No one has done this. Instead, all you do is cry and weep about your rights. See point #2.

You want to protect your rights, do it right.

That statement just proves you are an idiot of the highest caliber! There are numerous weapons just as capable as the AR-15.

No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.

I love when people who have never shot a gun think they are an expert.

You think I have never shot a gun? That makes sense to you because you think only gun nuts own guns. You are wrong on both counts.

Water pistols and BB guns don't count, junior!

Many handguns hold 15-18 rounds. Handgun are much more mobile and concealable. The rounds they hold can be excessively deadly.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.

More stupidity! Why don't yu shut up, and quit while you are behind? Save yourself even further embarrassment!

Wow, you are still playing that same tired old BS tune over and over again. Just so you won't feel that you got away with anything, I'll respond to your post.

1. The AR looks the way it does because of it's design to do one job and one job alone. Not one ounce of design was wasted on anything else. That job was for a scared shitless 18 year old with little training to kill people in combat as quickly and for as long as necessary. And unless you haven't noticed, that same design is still the dominant design in ALL combat rifles. Yes, Combat Rifles, not piddly little 9mm short ranged guns not much more than automatic handguns. There is a reason I bring up the function of the AR. I once was one of those scared shitless teens in combat that owes his life to that weapon. And I have experience with the original AR-15 Model 601 all the way through the M-16A-4 and the Civilian AR-15. It's not scary looking. It's functional to a fault. And in a combat situation, even the M16A-4 fires semi auto. The 3 shot burst is worthless and is rarely used. That means that the Civilian AR and the M-16A-4 have exactly the same capability in combat. And it's not because it's scary. It's because it's functional. Take it from an old scared shitless teen.

2. If you make a rifle more powerful, you start losing the function of the AR. When you go from a light combat rifle to a Battle Rifle you lose some of the functions that makes the AR the best combat rifle ever made. Even if you try and keep the same features, the weight goes up, the number of available rounds goes down. Packing a 5 to a 7 lbs rifle versus a 10 to a 12 lb rifle and then the reduction of available rounds means your capability actually went down. There is a reason that almost every combat troop carries an AR derivative. And only a few carries a more powerful weapon like the M-240 or the M-249. Those two are heavy and a second support person has to carry the ammo. Try carrying one of the more powerful weapons in combat for 12 to 18 hours and it will become quite apparent why the M-14 was replaced. Just because the caliber has more power doesn't make the gun any more lethal. The AR has only the features to kill at a high rate and nothing is left over for anything else. You can say that "They" will next go after the more powerful weapons but you'll find that the more powerful weapons or war are already covered by the Class 3 FFL aren't readily available in the Civilian world. If you think they are, you watch way too many fictional movies.

Let's add a 3. Stop using the word "Ban". Firearms are not banned. Not a single one. And this includes full automatic machine guns. They are regulated. If you want a fully auto machine gun, you can buy one after you apply for a Class 3 FFL license. Those are not hard to obtain. Almost every law abiding citizen can easily obtain one. It's not much harder to pass one of those than it is to pass a standard Background Check. So you need to change your fear tactic from Ban to Regulate. the Lie is wearing thin.

I agree, I propose the following to all but eliminate the problem...
Completely forbid Blacks, Hispanics and Democrats from owning any firearm. TA-DA! Gun violence is a thing of the past.

Many handguns hold 15-18 rounds. Handgun are much more mobile and concealable. The rounds they hold can be excessively deadly.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.
Yeah but bear with me for a second...practically speaking...if you are in close quarters (office, school...mosque...etc.) and wish to effect max damage...a handgun is just as effective a tool as an AR.
I mean there is a reason police carry handguns and not rifles. You have a valid point Bulldog not arguing just saying.

Sure, Handguns are more effective in some circumstances. Over all, they aren't as effective as an AR15 to kill large amounts of people in a short time.

If that were true, why do people use handguns more often in mass shootings, murders, and suicides?

Forum List

Back