Why Liberals Want To Ban The AR-15

***\\\This Is My Opinion///***

I believe Liberals want to ban the AR-15 for two reasons...

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

That's why the big push to ban the AR-15.
what about the most obvious reason... they are most often used to kill school children and innocent citizens in mass murder shootings. Why did you leave that very obvious reason out?

I’m thinking killers don’t really care much about the type of weapon they intend to use...I’m thinking they commit to carrying out the act first...I don’t see many backing out once they realize that an AR-15 isn’t readily available.

Yet they seem to be the weapon of choice more often than not.

The survivors should be thankful...

And why don't we overlook the Intent of the 2nd Amendment while we're at it? After all, what "good" Leftist in this thread really cares about that "stupid document" anyway?

The INTENT was to arm citizens to have EFFECTIVE DETERRENCE to government tyranny. PERIOD.

Handguns are not at all remotely effective against the arsenal a tyrannical rogue government would have.

Of course, that's another Leftist wet dream, a citizenry completely helpless against tyrants.

Oh god....You're gonna try to drag the 2nd into it now, aren't you? We're discussing use of the AR-15 specifically. Not guns in general. If it was guns in general, you gun nuts might come up with something more than the mini14 to compare it with,

Only equal at close range, and the AR barrel doesn't deform as quickly under excessive use. Nice try though. I'll bet you have lots of guns you want to say are just the same as an AR, don't you? Why don't you list some of them?

OK sweetheart, we get that you are adept searching Google looking for fodder to support your points, but comments like this clearly show you don't have any first hand experience with this. I've personally fired close to 200 rounds through a Mini 14 in very quick succession and there was no deformity of the barrel whatsoever. So first question: What did the online article you read define as "excessive usage"? 1,000 rounds? More/Less? Over what time period? Second question: Out of all the mass shootings that have taken place to date, how many involved a single shooter firing more than 200 rounds?

Many handguns hold 15-18 rounds. Handgun are much more mobile and concealable. The rounds they hold can be excessively deadly.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.
Yeah but bear with me for a second...practically speaking...if you are in close quarters (office, school...mosque...etc.) and wish to effect max damage...a handgun is just as effective a tool as an AR.
I mean there is a reason police carry handguns and not rifles. You have a valid point Bulldog not arguing just saying.

In practical situations one can maximize the kill ratio with a handgun on concealment and a greater element of surprise alone.

Is that why the military only issues handguns to our soldiers?

No but it’s why nearly 2,000% more people are killed each year by a shooter with a handgun.
“In 2010, 358 murders were reported involving a rifle while 6,009 were reported involving a handgun.”

The key word is MASS shootings.

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

Because they are a dangerous toy that mass killers use on a regular basis

what about the most obvious reason... they are most often used to kill school children and innocent citizens in mass murder shootings. Why did you leave that very obvious reason out?

I’m thinking killers don’t really care much about the type of weapon they intend to use...I’m thinking they commit to carrying out the act first...I don’t see many backing out once they realize that an AR-15 isn’t readily available.
what you think about guns and killers isn’t really the topic here is it? The topic is what reasons people support banning AR-15s

Oh, whoops...me and that stupid critical thinking shit. Sorry, you’re right, ban them and trample on our Constitution on FEELZ alone.

If you were using critical thinking, you might not have tried to change the subject.

So it’s not the total number of people killed that you’re concerned about...it’s the total number killed in a single incident? Am I understanding you right?
When it comes to mass killings? Absolutely.

When it comes to the US firearm homicide rate, handguns should be severely restricted in order to lower it. Especially as around half of all US firearm homicides are committed with handguns.

what you think about guns and killers isn’t really the topic here is it? The topic is what reasons people support banning AR-15s

Oh, whoops...me and that stupid critical thinking shit. Sorry, you’re right, ban them and trample on our Constitution on FEELZ alone.
Im right about banning them? I never said I wanted to ban them. You have serious reading comprehension problems.

I jumped the gun...so what is your position? Ban or No ban?
no ban

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.

Ahem...this little number fires 45 ACP and is far more lethal than an AR15. My dad carried one of these for a while with the 5th SF in Vietnam, preferring it over the M16 for those purposes. Semi auto clones are widely available.

View attachment 289071

A semi auto Thompson is a poor comparison to an AR-15.

No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.

I love when people who have never shot a gun think they are an expert.

You think I have never shot a gun? That makes sense to you because you think only gun nuts own guns. You are wrong on both counts.

This doesn't count.

15DSYUDSYRDRYDR19AGU_Wood-2

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.

Except for this little ranch rifle.
Ruger-Rifle-MINI-14-Ranch-5.56-NATO-Wood-Stock-Rifle---5816.jpg

The Mini14's barrel heats up lots faster than the AR15, and it isn't nearly as dependable under extended use. That's mostly due to the metal used in the barrel. Later models are some better, but still don't compare with te AR. AR sights don't suck like on the mini.

Haha...that’s a poor spin. They fire the same round, hold the same magazines and are equally affective at close range...Any AR-15 related incident we’ve seen could have easily been carried out with the mini-14

Only equal at close range, and the AR barrel doesn't deform as quickly under excessive use. Nice try though. I'll bet you have lots of guns you want to say are just the same as an AR, don't you? Why don't you list some of them?

My cheap but robust and awesome stainless barrel Ruger mini-14 is one of my favorite rifles. There’s no way it ‘fatigues’ as you claim...I’ve fired hundreds of rounds repetitively without any accuracy issues...You’ll need to try harder.

The accuracy after extended use is't just my opinion. Do a little research.

Because they are a dangerous toy that mass killers use on a regular basis

They should pass a law making mass shootings illegal...

But this is all old. Sufficient numbers of politicians have been bought by the domestic firearms industry to ensure the rate of firearm homicide in the US is regarded as an acceptable price to pay for easy access to handguns and assault style rifles. Rather you than me.

Wrong. It's a semi-automatic rifle. Those are common as dirt.

Being semi automatic is not the reason they should be regulated.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.
Yeah but bear with me for a second...practically speaking...if you are in close quarters (office, school...mosque...etc.) and wish to effect max damage...a handgun is just as effective a tool as an AR.
I mean there is a reason police carry handguns and not rifles. You have a valid point Bulldog not arguing just saying.

In practical situations one can maximize the kill ratio with a handgun on concealment and a greater element of surprise alone.

Is that why the military only issues handguns to our soldiers?

No but it’s why nearly 2,000% more people are killed each year by a shooter with a handgun.
“In 2010, 358 murders were reported involving a rifle while 6,009 were reported involving a handgun.”

The key word is MASS shootings.

So it’s not the total number of people killed that you’re concerned about...it’s the total number killed in a single incident? Am I understanding you right?

Banning the AR-15 will have ZERO effect on reducing crime, so we know that the public interest is not at heart with the Democrats.

But it will have maximum political benefit for them, having built it up into this symbol of violence, getting rid of it will reap rewards for THEM. Meantime, more Americans will DIE without it to defend themselves, but that is OK, because AR owners don't vote democrat anyway.

You have been whining about having your guns taken for a long time.

The NRA said Obama was going to do that first thing.

Show of hands....what fools claim they have had their guns taken ???

Looks around...no hands raised.....no fools in the audience today.

Thank you

You're a class A jackass.
As if that's not exactly what Beto, buttplug and all your kind are trying to do.

Come closer bitch so I can tell you something........ gfy :asshole:

You understand Beto isn't even in the race don't you?

Forum List

Back