Why "liberals" shun the term using "progressives" instead...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
In fact... why do "liberals" SHUN the label "Liberals"???
Ever hear Obama say "I'm a Liberal"????
Why are they so afraid?

Maybe it is because of this study...
"Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative.
This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal."
In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals

So someone is LYING... because Conservatives OUTNUMBER Liberals over 2 to 1... 50% more Conservatives then Liberals!!!!

Why do conservatives shun the label "butthurt?" I've never heard a conservative call themselves "butthurt." All they have to do is say, "gosh darnit what is that pain? That horrible miserable pain coming out my tukas? I must be butthurt."

I could name several peer reviewed articles regarding this epidemic amongst conservatives.

I prefer liberal, free thinking views. But if I had to use a word to identify myself, Democrat would suffice.

The term "liberal" lost currency from a period on ineptness on the part of politicians in contrast to "conservative" success in the 80s and 90s. The result was even the likes of Clinton started advocating something called "the third way" to disassociate himself from classic liberalism and allow him to embrace certain conservative principles.

In light of the demonstrably failed liberal policies, those adherents decided to abandon that term and go to a euphemistic "progressive" because, after all, who is against progress? The change of nomenclature is about as superficial as anything can get and "progressive" too will eventually need to be altered under the weight of its association with continued failures.

Why are they so afraid?

"Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative.
This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal."

So someone is LYING... because Conservatives OUTNUMBER Liberals over 2 to 1... 50% more Conservatives then Liberals!!!!

^lives in the right wing nut bubble

This kind of shit is what leads to an entire party being completely surprised by a decisive election night loss.

Why are they so afraid?

^lives in the right wing nut bubble

This kind of shit is what leads to an entire party being completely surprised by a decisive election night loss.

I don't believe that the " entire party" was completely surprised. The incumbent always has the advantage. How many 1 term presidents has there been? Less than half , right?

BTW, the GOP is far from dead. Just keep thinking that and it will be you that is in for a surprise. Could be as soon as 2014 when the Obama care tax is implemented and pisses off the working class.

Notice your net pay get smaller?

Notice your net pay get smaller?

over the last 30 years, yes.

See, its not hard to see something changed a few decades ago and has finally come home to roost. Look no further than middle class median income VS. CEO income over this time frame.

I am a liberal because I believe in liberty.

Today's so called liberals aka progressives do not.

That is a absolute fairy tale and a huge reason the right will continue to lose elections. You just are not dealing with reality. Not you as a person to be exact, but the GOP as a whole.

Im a Democrat with many liberal views. Im also quite conservative on some topics as well. When the right stops trying to pigeon hole each and every American, maybe they can really get that big tent feel once again. Till then, it will be 2008/ 2012 over and over.

That is a absolute fairy tale and a huge reason the right will continue to lose elections. You just are not dealing with reality. Not you as a person to be exact, but the GOP as a whole.

Im a Democrat with many liberal views. Im also quite conservative on some topics as well. When the right stops trying to pigeon hole each and every American, maybe they can really get that big tent feel once again. Till then, it will be 2008/ 2012 over and over.

Really?

Ban this ban that is the mantra of today's so called liberals.

BTW I am no repugnantcan and there really is no difference between the dimwitcrap and repugnantcans anyway.

Last edited:

Lefties have, for quite a while, had a proclivity for changing words and then jumping on folks who use the "wrong" word. PC is the wildly glaring example of that. They've also long since jumped the shark with this strategy, especially when words like "lazy" are twisted into somehow being racist.

Ban this ban that is the mantra of today's so called liberals.

I dont advocate banning anything. Common sense tell me we have enough guns state side to arm each man, woman and child with in our borders. However, its about time we realize fawning over guns is a bit weird and we certainly have a gun problem. Coupled with a crazy person problem. To do nothing would be a failure of epic proportions.

Why are they so afraid?

Moderates are mostly left of center. Many self-identified conservatives are really moderates.

Now shut up and fuck off.

Forum List

Back