Why Liberals hate the Gospel Message

Powerman said:
I'm not Jew. I'm somewhat of an agnostic I suppose. Christians really don't bother me that much. I just think that they are arrogant about their faith at times and don't think much for themselves. If I lived in a country with nothing but Muslims I'd probably be bitching about them. And I know a lot about Christianity so it's the one subject I'm educated enough to speak out about. And it's not all Christians that bother me. It's the bible thumping born again Christians and the fundamentalists trying to shove junk science into schools that piss me off. I also have a very short tolerance for people who claim that homosexuality is a sin when it is in fact part of someones genetic makeup. You are genetically predisposed to being homosexual. It's not a choice or a sin. If it were a sin then why is no straight person ever tempted to do it?

There have been so called straight people that have experimented with the other side... have you never been to college?? It's a choice! Choice and thinking is what seperates us from animals.

Bonnie said:
There have been so called straight people that have experimented with the other side... have you never been to college?? It's a choice! Choice and thinking is what seperates us from animals.

My choice is bring back your old avatar! It was cute.
:banana: :cool: :mm: :dev1:

Shattered said:
In his defense, he bashed a specific <u>type</u> of Christian...which you followed up with a "..like to bash us...".. Are you saying you're one of those types of Christians? Or, are you trying to say those types don't exist? Because I can assure you they most certainly do - they're the same types that I bash, and I'm no more a "Christophobe" than you are (nice word, BTW).

No, it's just the P-man seems to lump all Christians who actually believe the whole Bible into the fundamentalist Bible thumper catagory. I don't like Jack Chick any more than the next man, but Powerman seems to dislike every Christian who says he's wrong about anything, and believe me, he's wrong about a lot of things.

Hobbit said:
No, it's just the P-man seems to lump all Christians who actually believe the whole Bible into the fundamentalist Bible thumper catagory. I don't like Jack Chick any more than the next man, but Powerman seems to dislike every Christian who says he's wrong about anything, and believe me, he's wrong about a lot of things.
Actually P-man seems to hate anyone of faith, whatever it is. Personally, I wonder what his problem is. I have no problem with any that believe in creationism, literally, though I do not. On the other hand, there are some 'theological' points many of us agree on.

While some of you may consider me less than Christian, I don't really care, though I'll argue it. What is P-man's point though? He seems so upset about others beliefs, that he claims to believe are pointless. Then again, if he's an 'atheist' why would any of our beliefs mean jack to him?

Hobbit said:

I see.. I was merely replying to what I saw in this particular thread.. I don't follow too many of the religious threads, because I'm just not.. If he's the same type of nutcase he's insulting, then he should work on that as well.

Kathianne What is P-man's point though? He seems so upset about others beliefs, that he claims to believe are pointless.Then again, if he's an 'atheist' why would any of our beliefs mean jack to him?

Exactly what I wonder?? He is so determined to prove Christians wrong that it seems like he's only trying to prove it to himself :dunno: He expends an awful lot of energy on a topic he claims to not really care about.

Kathianne said:
Actually P-man seems to hate anyone of faith, whatever it is. Personally, I wonder what his problem is. I have no problem with any that believe in creationism, literally, though I do not. On the other hand, there are some 'theological' points many of us agree on.

While some of you may consider me less than Christian, I don't really care, though I'll argue it. What is P-man's point though? He seems so upset about others beliefs, that he claims to believe are pointless. Then again, if he's an 'atheist' why would any of our beliefs mean jack to him?[/QUOTE]

You would think.

Instead, he's got how many threads in this forum making the same accusations?

I think everyone's got it ... Powerman doesn't like Christians and considers us unintelligent for doing so.

You better hope you're right Powerman .... you're only betting your immortal soul.

GunnyL said:
Kathianne said:

While some of you may consider me less than Christian, I don't really care, though I'll argue it. What is P-man's point though? He seems so upset about others beliefs, that he claims to believe are pointless. Then again, if he's an 'atheist' why would any of our beliefs mean jack to him?[/QUOTE]

You would think.

Instead, he's got how many threads in this forum making the same accusations?

I think everyone's got it ... Powerman doesn't like Christians and considers us unintelligent for doing so.

You better hope you're right Powerman .... you're only betting your immortal soul.

And who is to say that you are right? What if you burn in hell despite being devout but merely followed the wrong faith? I'll take my chances. Fear tactics don't work on me sorry.

Forum List

Back