Why Liberals Hate God...

freeandfun1 said:
Why is it that you think that intelligent design would have to come from a god? Why is it not possible that our planet is an experiment by beings from another place or time? You don't know that. See where I am going? You are trying to say that YOUR theories are fact, when you really don't know if they are or not.

So which of the theories of intelligent design are you going to put forth? Will it be the Christian version, "God created everything in seven days" or will it be the "2001, A Space Odyssey" version? My personal favorite is the ancient Celtic version, "Me Leprechaun wife knocked over me box of Lucky Charms, and the moons and stars and clovers scattered all over. They're magically delicious!" :rolleyes:

Seriously though, there are reams of scientific evidence that seem to support the theory of evolution. If there were really any evidence at all to support ID, it would have been inserted into the school curriculum long ago.

MissileMan said:
So which of the theories of intelligent design are you going to put forth? Will it be the Christian version, "God created everything in seven days" or will it be the "2001, A Space Odyssey" version? My personal favorite is the ancient Celtic version, "Me Leprechaun wife knocked over me box of Lucky Charms, and the moons and stars and clovers scattered all over. They're magically delicious!" :rolleyes:

Seriously though, there are reams of scientific evidence that seem to support the theory of evolution. If there were really any evidence at all to support ID, it would have been inserted into the school curriculum long ago.

my point is that you won't find the evidence if you suppress looking for it. Kinda like how in the old days, the Christians tried supressing scientific research. Do you see my point? If it isn't discussed, how can one know it is wrong?

MissileMan said:

Personally I believe in evolution or the Big Bang Theory, centered on the belief that God began the process at the point in time of His choosing. But heh, I'm Catholic and we don't subscribe to literal interpretation. In any case, I don't think God will care, as long as we know Who is in control, (hint, it's not me or you.)

freeandfun1 said:
my point is that you won't find the evidence if you suppress looking for it. Kinda like how in the old days, the Christians tried supressing scientific research. Do you see my point? If it isn't discussed, how can one know it is wrong?

Exactly Free, why can't all theories be discussed. Im amazed at how Liberals cry freedom of speech and the freeflow of ideas and concepts, opposing opinions is good for dialog.....blah blah

Go on any college campus and find conservative students that have to fight just to get their articles printed in the college papers or even start a paper of their own. Similarly college professors will shut down any opposing conservative views for discussion in class, and some have even held this against students by way of unfair grades. This has hapened to me as well as many of my friends.

Is this how they choose to be fair and open minded??? The only thing I can conclude from this is they have either a God complex themselves or they have an agenda based on their overwhelming liberal bias.....?

MissileMan said:
While I personally have no problem with religious symbols in public, except maybe for the judge who had the 10 commandments embroidered on his robe, I have to ask a question: How does leaving creationism out of the class room, or saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, or even on the more radical side, demanding that nativity signs be removed from public buildings constitute preventing you from practicing your chosen religion?

The fact is, it doesn't. Your 1st Ammendment rights are intact.

Well I'll be damned. There are signs of common sense existing here.

My kids pray at breakfast, lunch, dinner and before bedtime; that's four times a day. But nooooooooo, the conservatives want us to pray some more. Let's pray before first class, during school assemblies and at football games.

As for me, well why not have the ten commandments at the courthouse; with the messed up things they are doing there, you could use a prayer:rolleyes:

Home and in church... How thick can the skulls of conservatives be to not understand that!

You have the unconditional right to worship GOD, in your own way, in your own home and in your own church. The only condition you should have to worship GOD, outside of church and home, is that the worship of GOD is of your own personal accord and not is not institutionalized by leglislation.

You can pray in the rain, you can pray on a train, you can pray in a chair, you can pray anywhere, you can pray with green eggs and ham, you can pray uncle Sam I am...

BUT DON'T USE THE LEGAL SYSTEM TO FORCE IT DOWN MY CHILDRENS' THROATS!!!

I want my children to worship GOD using their own free will...

That is the only worship that GOD will appreciate.

freeandfun1 said:

I'm not aware of any ban on the investigation of ID. And I'll repeat it again, if there were even the tiniest smidge of scientific evidence to bolster the theory of ID, there would have been a gazillion lawsuits filed by the 80% Christian majority of this country to get it added to school curriculum.

MissileMan said:
I'm not aware of any ban on the investigation of ID. And I'll repeat it again, if there were even the tiniest smidge of scientific evidence to bolster the theory of ID, there would have been a gazillion lawsuits filed by the 80% Christian majority of this country to get it added to school curriculum.

aclu church and state fanatics would kill it in a heartbeat.....why are people so scared of letting thier kids be taught about religion in a public school

Bonnie said:
Exactly Free, why can't all theories be discussed. Im amazed at how Liberals cry freedom of speech and the freeflow of ideas and concepts, opposing opinions is good for dialog.....blah blah

Unless you want your kids to graduate high school when they hit 30, you have to limit the curriculum. There are a myriad of theories out there, from evolution to creationism(several versions of this) to different versions of ID. Which ones do you leave out due to time and economic restraints?

manu1959 said:
aclu church and state fanatics would kill it in a heartbeat.....why are people so scared of letting thier kids be taught about religion in a public school

We've had this discussion before. If there were an effort to teach kids about all of the religions, and the history of religion, I'd be there. Noone is trying to implement such a thing though.

manu1959 said:

People are not "scared" of their children begin taught religion in public school - they are scared of someone ELSES religion being shoved down their children's throats in public school.

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
People are not "scared" of their children begin taught religion in public school - they are scared of someone ELSES religion being shoved down their children's throats in public school.

Andy

Im not scared of either. you see when you teach your children the trurth, it doesnt matter what others may teach, the truth will over come false doctrine. and actually i would teach my children to learn about what others believe. when you know what others believe you you understand more who they are and can love them better. Less fighting would happen if more people respected each other. although that still doesnt solve anything when one side wants to blow up people so they can have 72 virgins for some reason.

But i seriously have to disagree with you. The people fighting religion in public schools are fighting religion period. They are the ones who claim not to have any religion and tend to be the athiests afraid of any religious belief.

manu1959 said:

Nothing wrong with teaching kids about religion in school, so long as it's a survey course covering all the world's great religions.

Im not scared of either. you see when you teach your children the trurth, it doesnt matter what others may teach, the truth will over come false doctrine. and actually i would teach my children to learn about what others believe. when you know what others believe you you understand more who they are and can love them better. Less fighting would happen if more people respected each other. although that still doesnt solve anything when one side wants to blow up people so they can have 72 virgins for some reason.

But i seriously have to disagree with you. The people fighting religion in public schools are fighting religion period. They are the ones who claim not to have any religion and tend to be the athiests afraid of any religious belief.

Which truth do you speak of? All religions claim that their way is the truth. And all claims are equally valid. To claim that the general garment of any one religion is a fit for all is nothing more than hubris. Different people have differnet needs, and different religious schools fit those different needs, even if they prefer, so to speak, to go unclothed and not adhere to any religion.

MissileMan said:
Unless you want your kids to graduate high school when they hit 30, you have to limit the curriculum. There are a myriad of theories out there, from evolution to creationism(several versions of this) to different versions of ID. Which ones do you leave out due to time and economic restraints?

what Im suggesting is simply covering both sides of the debate, not just one side that has been approved by secularists and scientists.........I realize thee are many beliefs and philosophies and I do not espouse discussing everyone, yes that would be ridiculous.........Mainly I was referring to college in my post. All Im proposing is a balanced approach, one scientific and the other Divine Creation as a way to present both prevalent sides of the debate. Im sure you feel that only one need be discussed in school and of parents want to address the other they can do it at the dinner table. To me that seem intellectually dishonest.

Bullypulpit said:
Nothing wrong with teaching kids about religion in school, so long as it's a survey course covering all the world's great religions.

Absolutely!! Nothing wrong with that

Bonnie said:
what Im suggesting is simply covering both sides of the debate, not just one side that has been approved by secularists and scientists.........I realize thee are many beliefs and philosophies and I do not espouse discussing everyone, yes that would be ridiculous.........Mainly I was referring to college in my post. All Im proposing is a balanced approach, one scientific and the other Divine Creation as a way to present both prevalent sides of the debate. Im sure you feel that only one need be discussed in school and of parents want to address the other they can do it at the dinner table. To me that seem intellectually dishonest.

My arguments have absolutely nothing to do with college. Classes are all elective and you are free to take "Creationism 101" if it is offered. I'm talking about elementary, middle, and high schools where the curriculum is mandated.

Forum List

Back