Why Legalizing Pot Won't Curb the Drug War

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Donald Douglas @ American Power blog presents these links @ American Power: Why Legalizing Pot Won't Curb the Drug War

At some point I was going to post this, so now's as good a time as any.

At The Atlantic.

Legalizing marijuana will only escalate the drug wars, as the market expands for pot, users move on to other drugs, and the "legal" regime of pot dispensaries opens up a new wave of associated crime.

More at iOWNTHEWORLD, "“Peaceful” Potheads Rob Colorado Marijuana Dispensary with Bear Mace!"

And the cartels are really winning down south
. See the Los Angeles Times, "Mexico weighs pot legalization after ballot wins in U.S." [This is interesting as it means Mexico will probably get lots of money that we won't in taxes or other ways to cash in.]

by Donald Douglas @ American Power blog presents these links @ American Power: Why Legalizing Pot Won't Curb the Drug War

At some point I was going to post this, so now's as good a time as any.

At The Atlantic.

Legalizing marijuana will only escalate the drug wars, as the market expands for pot, users move on to other drugs, and the "legal" regime of pot dispensaries opens up a new wave of associated crime.
More at iOWNTHEWORLD, "“Peaceful” Potheads Rob Colorado Marijuana Dispensary with Bear Mace!"

And the cartels are really winning down south
. See the Los Angeles Times, "Mexico weighs pot legalization after ballot wins in U.S." [This is interesting as it means Mexico will probably get lots of money that we won't in taxes or other ways to cash in.]

We can see indisputable evidence of this if we compare the situation during prohibition with the current situation. Legalizing alcohol turned our neighborhood grocery stroes into hot beds of criminal activity, and the murder rate went up catastrophically at the same time. Criminals took advantage of the new found legal avenues in alcohol sales to move into milk and sodas, now we have pushers selling Pepsi to children on street corners. This never would have happened if we had not ended prohibition.

Should I go on, or do you get the point?

Forum List

Back