Why John McCain Lost

IMO John McCain lost this election because of his failure to send a consistant message that resonated with the American people. His message constantly changed with the prevailing winds and it appeared to the public at times as if his campaign was in disarray. Taking into account that his campaign on both a strategic and tactical level was managed terribly as can be seen in the constant leaks, inability to stay on message and address issues. Further when the crisis in the market hit, the McCain campaign from a tactical standpoint looked totally unprepared and by suspending the campaign it appeared more like a stunt especially when John McCain went to Washington and supported the bailout. IMHO the McCain campaign missed a golden opportunity to seperate himself from Barack Obama by supporting the bailout and had he gone to Washington and not supported the bailout he would have been able to speak to the 65% of the public that did not support it. The infighting between the many factions working on his campaign from the Romney people to the Huckabee and McCain staff simply did not mesh well. IMO the motives of some members of this staff as it applies to Sarah Palin were less than honorable and many of them were looking forward to future jobs with respective candidates. In conclusion the McCain campign lost because of their lack of a consistant message, poorly managed campaign, and bad strategic thinking, not to mention they were completely outclassed in funding and message in this election by the Obama campaign IMO.

I agree and would add that he had an uphill battle because many identified him with Bush, who is very unpopular, and the party he represented with the GOP's failures while in power for the last 8 years. So many people were tired of the divisive politics which McCain's campaign employed and the negative campaigning that the popularity of Obama's message, symbolism, and policies was like a knee jerk reaction. And I think there is even more to add, but I won't spend more time going into all of the myriad contributing factors.

Probably more accurate to say that poverty and poor education tend to correlate positively to teen pregnancy.

And to be fair to Palin, even if you are the Governor of Alaska, it's still Alaska. It aint Miami or Bloomfield Hills or any major city with culture or fashion or style.

Even the rich in Alaska are hicks. So the Palin's may have had some money, but they were still just one generation away from being poor white trash.

Right clarice?

diverse? Hardly... That's One Of The Reasons You Lost. And Where In My Post Did I Say The Word Abortion? I Said "religious Right". And The Reason Is You Can't Run A "g-d, Guns And Gays Campaign In A Year When "it's The Economy, Stupid".

I Don't Have To Know You. I Stand By What I Said. What You're Angry About Is Mccain Wouldn't Wallow And Eat Rats To Win...
I'm Upset That Mccain Was The Nom, In The First Place

there Needs To Be An Understanding That The Way To Reduce Abortion (hopefully To Zero) Has To Be In A Manner That Does Not Limit People's Rights.

If We Could Reduce Abortion To Zero Without Limiting Anyone's Rights (without Reducing Personal Liberty) Through Support, Adoption, Raising Minimum Wage, Health Care ..... would You Support A Candidate Who Could Do That?

If The Religious Right Is Intent On outlawing abortion (making It A Legal Issue Instead Of A Moral Issue) Then The Party That Likes To Talk About Liberty And Freedom Will Continue To Have Some Severe Disconnects In It.

I Want A Person Who Will Not Ban Abortion, Mind You I Could Care Less When Its Done Before There Is A Body, I Think, Personally, Once There Is A Body We Have To Stop Lying To Ourseleves And Act Like Its Not A Person, But To Talk About The Morning After Pill, To Let Women Know How To Prevent This From Happening
Women Are So Far Behind, There Should Be No Abortions, When The Advances We Have In This Country

I agree with many of Ron Paul's positions. I will not vote for him because he wants to return abortion law to the states. I will decide when to gestate any fertilized ova. Not you. Not the state. 15,000 in the national AntiAbortion march and 1,250,000 in the ProChoice march. Do the math.

This is not necessarily true.

You may not agree, but Ron Paul is the only one who could have matched up against Obama. All the other Republican candidates could have been compared with Bush, but Paul couldn't have.

Paul's foreign policy is appealing to centrists and leftists, and he could have taken the center vote that McCain obviously couldn't get. The only reason he couldn't get the center vote is because he was too closely identified with Bush.

Paul was the only REAL maverick in the race out of the Republicans. He could have given Obama a serious run for his money, and he could also have raised the same kind of cash. He proved that in the primary campaign.

Forum List

Back