Why it's important not to pay a living wage:

A fast-food manager was talking to his crew, six or seven people standing around him.

He said, "I have good news, and I have bad news.

"The good news is, the new Minimum Wage law says I have to pay you more.

"The bad news is, I can't afford that, so two of you are fired."

Leftists have no end of trouble remembering how inevitable this is.

And all you Econ 101 Conservative Utopia Seeking Ivory Tower Elitists don't know reality when it stares you in the face.

Personal Debt and Welfare sustain the working class with the lack of decent paying jobs to fit the demand for them.

Roommates create money problems when you chose the wrong roommate.

Work two jobs --- great --- until employer A wants you to work the same hours as employer B and so you're fired.

Get a job --- great advice --- until you find out no one will hire you because you weren't perfect in the past.

Take a stroll into America's impoverished neighborhoods and you'll learn the reality of lost hope. These folks cannot get and more importantly keep jobs even when they want them.

Pull the welfare rug out and you'll learn the meaning of third world.

It's not pretty looking like your precious "supply and demand" curves in Econ 101.

BUT IT'S THE REAL WORLD

What did that worker tell you when you asked him? Nobody else can answer that question for him, obviously.
How does he intend to live after taking a job that doesn't pay a so-called "living wage"?
Take on more personal debt.
And when you asked him if he thought that was a wise course, to do that and nothing else, then what did he say?

I was lying. I made that answer up.

I am a troll and I am quitting the forum.

Last edited:
Pull the welfare rug out and you'll learn the meaning of third world.

dear, you lack the IQ to be here. Clinton did pull the rug out by ending welfare as we know it. He turned it into workfare or no workee no dolee. And do you know what happened? Fully half decided they were no longer poor.

What does that teach you?

Clinton did pull the rug out by ending welfare as we know it.
Correction: Republicans in Congress did that, after Billary tried to establish socialized health care and Democrats got kicked out of majorities in both houses.

Bill vetoed it three times, and Republicans kept bringing it back again and again. Finally, with an election looming, he signed it, saying it was "broken but I'll fix it later". (He never did anything to change what he had signed.)

When it was enacted, millions got off the Welfare rolls and got jobs. It was a bill that did people more good than any other in his Presidency.

Forum List

Back