Why it'll never happen...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
...The "IT" being the Bush administration and it's members will be held accountable for their collective and separate actions.

We really need look no further than Alberto Gonzalez's disgraceful performance last Tuesday. Everyone on the Senate Judiciary Committee, including Arlen Specter found his testimony to be less than credible, and that testimony has been contradicted five ways from Sunday. There seems to be little question that someone in lying here, and that someone the Attorney General of the US. Yet on one is setting the impeachment process in motion by filing a Resolution of Inquiry against the AG. That the Democrats are shirking their duty in this matter is a telling as the Republicans who bluster about the integrity of the DoJ being irreparably damaged then continuing to support party and president above the Constitution.

Both sides are so utterly corrupted that we may as well shred the Constitution and admit the truth...America is now a fascist state.

...The "IT" being the Bush administration and it's members will be held accountable for their collective and separate actions.

We really need look no further than Alberto Gonzalez's disgraceful performance last Tuesday. Everyone on the Senate Judiciary Committee, including Arlen Specter found his testimony to be less than credible, and that testimony has been contradicted five ways from Sunday. There seems to be little question that someone in lying here, and that someone the Attorney General of the US. Yet on one is setting the impeachment process in motion by filing a Resolution of Inquiry against the AG. That the Democrats are shirking their duty in this matter is a telling as the Republicans who bluster about the integrity of the DoJ being irreparably damaged then continuing to support party and president above the Constitution.

Both sides are so utterly corrupted that we may as well shred the Constitution and admit the truth...America is now a fascist state.

Probably for the same reason it hasn't happened but once (Nixon) in my lifetime.

Johnson was never held accountable for Vietnam.

Carter just about drove thi snation right into the dirt and he was never held accountable. Hell, the incompetent fool is even revered STILL by left-wingnuts.

Clinton involved us in another Nation's civil war and he hasn't been held accountable.

But all of a sudden we should start now holding Presidents accountable for everything we disagree with?

That's nothing more than pure partisanship.

Johnson was hounded out of office, he didn't seek a second term and it was due to Vietnam. I'd say that's a form of accountability.

Johnson was not hounded out of office. He chose to not run. All he really would have had to do is present a plan to withdraw from Vietnam and he'd probably have won the election. Americans are more comfortable keeping the same president during a time of war.

History is where Johnson has been held accountable, and IMO, unfairly. For all the good he did with civil rights, it's forgotten in the shadow of Vietnam.

The damage done by this admin to our country is so very obvious to anyone who posseses the ability to be clear headed and do an honest gut check of themselfs.

Someday many of the people on this site will claim they never voted for Bush and were every critical of him while in office.

A very few will still proclaim him a great president and their nieghbors will avoid them because they "dont seem right in the head".

But unfortunately we will not see the people who belong in jail go to jail.

I would be happy if they were just banned from American soil for their treason.

It will take time , historical perspective and the full impact of these reprehensible actions to make clear to all the damage.

Its sad but the ones who will suffer for these action will be future Americans, some of those Americans will suffer because they were decendents of Bush ,Cheney,Gonzales and Rumsfeld to name a few.

To me that is not fair but they can always change their names.

The damage done by this admin to our country is so very obvious to anyone who posseses the ability to be clear headed and do an honest gut check of themselfs.

Someday many of the people on this site will claim they never voted for Bush and were every critical of him while in office.

A very few will still proclaim him a great president and their nieghbors will avoid them because they "dont seem right in the head".

But unfortunately we will not see the people who belong in jail go to jail.

I would be happy if they were just banned from American soil for their treason.

It will take time , historical perspective and the full impact of these reprehensible actions to make clear to all the damage.

Its sad but the ones who will suffer for these action will be future Americans, some of those Americans will suffer because they were decendents of Bush ,Cheney,Gonzales and Rumsfeld to name a few.

To me that is not fair but they can always change their names.

The vast majority of damage done to this country has been due to a continual barrage of negative propaganda from the left. I'd happily see each and every one of you in jail or banned from America for your purposefully undermining this nation's resolve during a time of war. THAT is whole lot cloer to treason than anything you can attempt to tag onto this administration.

And I consider your first comment concerning the ability to be clear headed an honest nothing short of astonishing, given your blind, lemming-like partisanship.

Its good to know how you really feel about Freedom Of Speech!

Thank you for helping me prove my point.

Its good to know how you really feel about Freedom Of Speech!

Thank you for helping me prove my point.

Lame. Older'n grannies skivvies. I gurantee you I'm more pro-free speech than you could EVER dream of being.

There's a BIG difference between free speech and undermining the Nation during a time of war.

In your case specifically, there's a big difference between free speech and incessant whining about contrived bullshit.

You are so free speech you want Americans who voice their disagreement with a war which is using their tax dollars and the blood of our bravest in vain should be called traitors.

The America you would create if you could would have us in war forever for any reason our commander in chief felt like (except of course if he had a D after his name).

Think for a momment, I mean really think not just defend.

If Americans were to just shut up and say nothing because we were at war what would the country look like?

Imagine a country where when in a war the people could be thrown in jail for saying anything negative about the reasons for war or the methods used to win it?

Think of how often a leader of that kind of country would make war?

Now realise THAT is what you just said you WANT America to look like.

Any thinking person would have to realise that would be a facist state.

I find it hard to believe a guy like you really belives that Gunny.

Johnson was not hounded out of office. He chose to not run. All he really would have had to do is present a plan to withdraw from Vietnam and he'd probably have won the election. Americans are more comfortable keeping the same president during a time of war.

History is where Johnson has been held accountable, and IMO, unfairly. For all the good he did with civil rights, it's forgotten in the shadow of Vietnam.

I appreciate the additional information and correction Gunny. A friend of mine in Tx (Georgetown) told me that Johnson was a great president, of course he's a Democrat (had an unsuccessful run at the State Senate some years ago). I was wrong to focus solely on the war, you're right, his civil rights stance was courageous. But he still didn't face a second term election.

You are so free speech you want Americans who voice their disagreement with a war which is using their tax dollars and the blood of our bravest in vain should be called traitors.

The America you would create if you could would have us in war forever for any reason our commander in chief felt like (except of course if he had a D after his name).

Think for a momment, I mean really think not just defend.

If Americans were to just shut up and say nothing because we were at war what would the country look like?

Imagine a country where when in a war the people could be thrown in jail for saying anything negative about the reasons for war or the methods used to win it?

Think of how often a leader of that kind of country would make war?

Now realise THAT is what you just said you WANT America to look like.

Any thinking person would have to realise that would be a facist state.

I find it hard to believe a guy like you really belives that Gunny.

I find it hard to believe ANYONE thinks like you. I said nothing about censoring anyone's free speech, and I DID invite you to starta thread dedicated to that topic instead of derailing this one and the other one.

The vast majority of damage done to this country has been due to a continual barrage of negative propaganda from the left. I'd happily see each and every one of you in jail or banned from America for your purposefully undermining this nation's resolve during a time of war. THAT is whole lot cloer to treason than anything you can attempt to tag onto this administration.

And I consider your first comment concerning the ability to be clear headed an honest nothing short of astonishing, given your blind, lemming-like partisanship.

Gunny what you call negative propaganda is speech.

What you say that you want is me in jail for speaking out against a war I believe is wrong.

Gunny what you call negative propaganda is speech.

What you say that you want is me in jail for speaking out against a war I believe is wrong.

But who's free speech are YOU trying to censor by saying you'd throw people in jail for doing what they believe is RIGHT? And they are the ones we voted in to make those decisions, not you.

When it is illegal!

I believe this admin has done many illegal things and the fact that they thwart any attempt to investigate anything they do is the act of the guilty.

Tell me what you know about the Florida felons list?

Tell me what you know about the GAO report on our voting machines?

Tell me why I and many other Americans who doubt the elections validity should trust our election?

Tell me what you know about the Florida felons list?

Tell me what you know about the GAO report on our voting machines?

Tell me why I and many other Americans who doubt the elections validity should trust our election?
Tell me what you know about the War of the Roses.

Tell me what you know about Concentric Zone theory and who were the authors.

Tell me why we should care?

Forum List

Back