~Why it is Wise to Worship your Woman~

Here--I'll make it easy for ya. Just explain that quote.

That quote? I take it to mean a woman's heart is pretty much the same from one to another. And I agree, generally speaking.

He then goes on to describe a woman's heart as the peak of everything, including wisdom. I would say intuition, but okay.

The very essence of every woman's heart is the peak of wisdom, the peak of inspiration, the peak of sexual desirability, the peak of soothing, healing love. The peak of everything. But it's protected, for good reason, by a series of concentric walls.

He does not tell us the reason it is protected, but I would suggest it is self-preservation. He continues, again in the vocabulary of religion:

To move inwardly from one wall to the next requires that you intensify your capacity to devotion, and as you do so, you are rewarded with Grace.

Here is where his "worship" comes in to play, and I can't go that far with him. I'd call it appreciation. Others might say commitment. But here is the key for me:

This is not something you can negotiate verbally with a woman. She doesn't even know consciously how to open those gates herself. They are opened magically and invisibly by the keys of worship.

I would say opened by the love of a man they trust, but yes. True. If a woman isn't comfortable with the man they're with, they will be on constant guard around him. No news there, right?

He writes then about the stages of getting to know a woman and of earning her trust. How many women, after you got to know them well, turned out to be anything like what you thought, or imagined, they would be, when you first met them? or saw them, and decided you wanted to get to know them? For me? Not one.

Then he goes on to talk about the "altar." In our culture, (hell on this board!) there is no shortage of symbols to remind men that women are beautiful. Not sure why he needs that, but whatever. I had an SI desk calendar and a few Marilyn posters.

Then he talks about being complimentary. Wow! Who knew!?

Seriously. It's just a matter of paying attention. Even if you have to keep notes. Notice and remark when a lady has a new hairdo. Nice shoes. A pretty dress. As he says, whatever is appropriate.

As I said. Not new. Not deep.

I disagree with the part where every woman's heart is the fountain of wisdom and light. Just as some men can be utter and complete assholes, women can be predatory, controlling, abusive, and opportunistic users. I know some personally who would take the author of that (very nice) dissertation on the female and give him a whole other perspective by chewing him up and spitting him out. Daily. That kind of woman cannot be made a goddess by worship anymore than an abusive male can be made to keep his hands to himself by a woman learning when to "just shut the fuck up."

I agree with you Barb. I'm not really sure if men actually believe that all women are basically the same,but it's been said to me before "It doesn't matter which woman you end up with...they are all pretty much the same....and you can be happy with any of them."

I think the thing is...the man has to want more out of the relationship then the physical and actually be looking for a woman who is both a friend and a lover. He can't really turn just any woman into his dream girl IMO. The man in the article was just very fortunate that he found his soul mate.

Last edited:
A good woman is like a peanut butter sammich but doesn't stick to the roof of your mouth.

Here--I'll make it easy for ya. Just explain that quote.

That quote? I take it to mean a woman's heart is pretty much the same from one to another. And I agree, generally speaking.

He then goes on to describe a woman's heart as the peak of everything, including wisdom. I would say intuition, but okay.

The very essence of every woman's heart is the peak of wisdom, the peak of inspiration, the peak of sexual desirability, the peak of soothing, healing love. The peak of everything. But it's protected, for good reason, by a series of concentric walls.

He does not tell us the reason it is protected, but I would suggest it is self-preservation. He continues, again in the vocabulary of religion:

To move inwardly from one wall to the next requires that you intensify your capacity to devotion, and as you do so, you are rewarded with Grace.

Here is where his "worship" comes in to play, and I can't go that far with him. I'd call it appreciation. Others might say commitment. But here is the key for me:

This is not something you can negotiate verbally with a woman. She doesn't even know consciously how to open those gates herself. They are opened magically and invisibly by the keys of worship.

I would say opened by the love of a man they trust, but yes. True. If a woman isn't comfortable with the man they're with, they will be on constant guard around him. No news there, right?

He writes then about the stages of getting to know a woman and of earning her trust. How many women, after you got to know them well, turned out to be anything like what you thought, or imagined, they would be, when you first met them? or saw them, and decided you wanted to get to know them? For me? Not one.

Then he goes on to talk about the "altar." In our culture, (hell on this board!) there is no shortage of symbols to remind men that women are beautiful. Not sure why he needs that, but whatever. I had an SI desk calendar and a few Marilyn posters.

Then he talks about being complimentary. Wow! Who knew!?

Seriously. It's just a matter of paying attention. Even if you have to keep notes. Notice and remark when a lady has a new hairdo. Nice shoes. A pretty dress. As he says, whatever is appropriate.

As I said. Not new. Not deep.

Flattery? While we all get a brief buzz from being told someone likes something about us I think women truly want a bit more and the one size fits all approach has gotta be a bit insulting to the truly unique women in the world.
I suggest The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm or Nature: Man and Woman by Alan Watts as non fiction alternatives.

Flattery is by definition insincere. My post assumes the man is in love with the woman he is talking to, and is truly attracted by or appreciative of the things is he complimenting.

Flattery? While we all get a brief buzz from being told someone likes something about us I think women truly want a bit more and the one size fits all approach has gotta be a bit insulting to the truly unique women in the world.
I suggest The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm or Nature: Man and Woman by Alan Watts as non fiction alternatives.

Flattery is by definition insincere. My post assumes the man is in love with the woman he is talking to, and is truly attracted by or appreciative of the things is he complimenting.

That's right, appreciation. Not flattery. Nothing will get you in hot water faster than insincerity!

I do agree women aren't all alike. One of the keys in all this is understanding of, appreciation and acceptance of the individual qualities that make each of us who we are. Sure, there are some nearly universal feminine traits. But showing us you value us, individually, is an important part of the process. As is having the courage to be open yourselves and showing us just who we're letting in. It's a two-way street.

Strip away the religious overtones though, and you were right LD. This is nothing new and not rocket science. Men have been earning our trust (or not) for how long now? Some good points all the same.

Earn your trust ? Is there a particular reason that women start out not trusting men and are men expected to trust women from the get go ?

Earn your trust ? Is there a particular reason that women start out not trusting men and are men expected to trust women from the get go ?

I dunno, do men completely trust women from the get go? I'd say obviously not, and also with good reason.

I agreed with Maddy and Luissa early on, with only a few relatively minor changes you could easily switch the gender in this piece and have it be just as relevant. It's a two-way street. But it wasn't written that way. /shrug

That's right, appreciation. Not flattery. Nothing will get you in hot water faster than insincerity!

I do agree women aren't all alike. One of the keys in all this is understanding of, appreciation and acceptance of the individual qualities that make each of us who we are. Sure, there are some nearly universal feminine traits. But showing us you value us, individually, is an important part of the process. As is having the courage to be open yourselves and showing us just who we're letting in. It's a two-way street.

Strip away the religious overtones though, and you were right LD. This is nothing new and not rocket science. Men have been earning our trust (or not) for how long now? Some good points all the same.

I may not have worded my interpretation of that quote Dillo asked me to paraphrase accurately. I do not believe all women are alike.

I guess what I was getting at it is that a woman's heart, or those internal characteristics that make a woman a woman, tend to be eternal and universal. Of course there is a great deal of individuality among and between them, just like men.

I like the snowflake comparison. Looking at snowflakes as they fall, they appear quite similar. Inspecting each individually and in detail reveals their uniqueness. My apologies to all if I wasn't careful enough there. That's a big one.

I dunno, do men completely trust women from the get go? I'd say obviously not, and also with good reason.

I agreed with Maddy and Luissa early on, with only a few relatively minor changes you could easily switch the gender in this piece and have it be just as relevant. It's a two-way street. But it wasn't written that way. /shrug

Is there any particular reason that anyone doesn't trust someone else? How did humans become so distrustful of each other in the first place ?

Women of the feminist bent have been trying to turn men into mirror images of themselves for years now.

Look at what women are doing to so called men these days.

Making them wear pregnancy suits so they can feel like a woman does when she's gravid

Really? What kind of "man" would do that? A sensitive, not afraid to cry, takes longer than a woman to get ready kind of sissy man that's who.

My wife wants a man to make her feel safe. A man who she knows will protect her or die trying. She doesn't want some crybaby, hair moussing sissy.

I love my wife and no one I know doubts it one iota, especially her. But the whole gushy, girly man in touch with his feelings shit makes me sick.

A real man does not gush his feelings in public but rather saves them for the one and only person he trusts with them.

I'm probably going to get scalded by the feminists here, but I agree with your wife, if you are representing her preferences accurately. On the flip side, I would do the same for him.

Last edited:

I may not have worded my interpretation of that quote Dillo asked me to paraphrase accurately. I do not believe all women are alike.

I guess what I was getting at it is that a woman's heart, or those internal characteristics that make a woman a woman, tend to be eternal and universal. Of course there is a great deal of individuality among and between them, just like men.

I like the snowflake comparison. Looking at snowflakes as they fall, they appear quite similar. Inspecting each individually and in detail reveals their uniqueness. My apologies to all if I wasn't careful enough there. That's a big one.

So it would be equally valid to encourage women to worship men ?

Wow. No. I take the whole worship thing off the table. The guy is way over the top with that crap.

But subsitute appreciate for worship and hell yes! Don't you want the woman you care for to appreciate you? Doesn't it inspire your loyalty? Make you want to go out and conquer the world? Or even just do the dishes?

Last edited:

Wow. No. I take the whole worship thing off the table. The guy is way over the top with that crap.

But subsitute appreciate for worship and hell yes! Don't you want the woman you care for to appreciate you? Doesn't it inspire your loyalty? Make you want to go out and conquer the world? Or even just do the dishes?

Is a womans heart different than a man's ?

I dunno. I've never fallen in love with a man.

What do you think?

What do you think?
Well let's use the author's own words except for two

It contains everything that has ever been beautiful, or lovely, or inspiring, in any man, anywhere, at any time. The very essence of every man's heart is the peak of wisdom, the peak of inspiration, the peak of sexual desirability, the peak of soothing, healing love. The peak of everything.

What do you think ?

I don't go with the whole "worship" thing. I wouldn't want that.

But as many others have said, the...appreciation? should be mutual.

What do you think?

It contains everything that has ever been beautiful, or lovely, or inspiring, in any man, anywhere, at any time. The very essence of every man's heart is the peak of wisdom, the peak of inspiration, the peak of sexual desirability, the peak of soothing, healing love. The peak of everything.

What do you think ?

No. I don't think men and women have the same "heart." Mens are probably much simpler and easier to get at. The question of what makes a man a man has been clouded by specious feminist theory over the years, but most women want a man who is protective and trustworthy. Friendships among males tend also to value trustworthiness and mutual respect, but don't go much deeper than that.

I think the word worship is a bit overdoing it but the article was great otherwise. In any relationship, you don't want to put your partner (this applies to both genders so I'll be using that word) on the pedestal and end up creating unrealistic expectations in the long run.

At the end of the day, a relationship isn't about worshipping one another, doing romantic gestures that you see in the movies, or what have you. It's about being there for your partner and being able to connect.

We have to keep alive the Quantum of Solace.

Yes the name is from the newest Bond movie. However, what I'm referring to is the short story that the title of the movie was taken care of and actually Bond is only a background character.

For Your Eyes Only (short story collection) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After meeting aboard a flight to London the two eventually married but after a time Rhoda became unhappy with her life as the wife of a minor civil servant of limited means. She then began a long open affair with the eldest son of a rich Bermudian family. As a result Masters' work deteriorated and he suffered a nervous breakdown. After recovering he was given a break from Bermuda by the governor and sent on an assignment to Washington to negotiate fishing rights with the US. At the same time the governor's wife had a talk with Rhoda just as her affair ended. Masters returned a few months later determined to end his marriage; he divided their home into two sections, one half for each of them, and refuses to have anything to do with her in private, although he and Rhoda continued to appear as a happy couple in public. Masters eventually returned alone to the UK, leaving Rhoda penniless with unpaid debts and stranded in Bermuda, a cruel act which he would have been incapable of carrying out just a few months earlier. This is a major point that the governor sets out to Bond: when the "Quantum of Solace" drops to zero, humanity and consideration of one human for another is gone and the relationship is gone. Despite the success of Masters' plan to take revenge on his unfaithful wife, he never recovered emotionally, nor recaptured any spark of vitality.

That's just my two cents though.

What do you think?

What do you think ?

No. I don't think men and women have the same "heart." Mens are probably much simpler and easier to get at. The question of what makes a man a man has been clouded by specious feminist theory over the years, but most women want a man who is protective and trustworthy. Friendships among males tend also to value trustworthiness and mutual respect, but don't go much deeper than that.

I'd like to propose that what makes a man and what makes a woman have been clouded for centuries for specious social theory. I've noticed that some of the great thinkers throughout human existence don't divide thought into male and female.

It's intersting that you think a males heart is easier to get at. From what I hear men are perceived to be quite stoic and reluctant to express their innermost feelings almost as if it were a sign of weakness.

I think you seriously understimate the depth at which a man can love a man. They have shown over and over that they are willing to die for each other.

What do you think ?

I'd like to propose that what makes a man and what makes a woman have been clouded for centuries for specious social theory. I've noticed that some of the great thinkers throughout human existence don't divide thought into male and female.

It's intersting that you think a males heart is easier to get at. From what I hear men are perceived to be quite stoic and reluctant to express their innermost feelings almost as if it were a sign of weakness.

I think you seriously understimate the depth at which a man can love a man. They have shown over and over that they are willing to die for each other.

I can think of a buddy or two I've known for awhile for whom I would sacrifice, sure. We all can.

I just mean men understand other men more easily than they understand women, and women understand men more easily as well. That's all. We're simpler. In a good way.

The short guide on how to worship a woman, and why it's the wisest thing that a man can do.

and it's the wisest thing a man can do because--

When you learn how to pay attention to the essence of the feminine in this way, you fall to the floor in full body prostration, tears soaking your cheeks and clothes, and you wonder how you could have ever taken Her, in all of Her forms, for granted even for a second.

Whether it is the man or the woman doing the worshipping ( or even both of them simultaneously worshipping ) the author claims it's the wisest thing a person can do.

Personally I recommend NOT worshipping anyone. You both will be sorely dissapointed
I think we have enough myths in existence as to what is the wisest thing we can do. Do we really need another?

The author claims

you realize that you could have got here with any woman if you had just been willing to pass through all the layers of initiation.

---seriously ?

Forum List

Back