Why Isn't V-E or Victory Day Celibrated In The US?

brokenarrow

Rookie
Apr 20, 2011
It was a big thing back in 1945. The war for US America wasn't completely over but the end was just a few months away. It is celibrated all over Europe on May 8th or near that day. Why is it not over here?

Perhaps because it reminds those countries now forcing invading "immigrants" on the American people of how they did nothing to help? Because American children might see those people for what they really are? Maybe they wanted to see America lose?

http://rt.com/news/russia-celebrates-great-victory/

Last edited:
I believe it's a European holiday - not an American one. It would be like asking, why doesn't Poland celebrate Martin Luther King Day?

• Banned
I believe it's a European holiday - not an American one. It would be like asking, why doesn't Poland celebrate Martin Luther King Day?

Americans sure celibrated the first V-E Day!

Times%20Square%20at%20night%20VE%20Day_fcf6a.jpg

It was a big thing back in 1945. The war for US America wasn't completely over but the end was just a few months away. It is celibrated all over Europe on May 8th or near that day. Why is it not over here?

Perhaps because it reminds those countries now forcing invading "immigrants" on the American people of how they did nothing to help? Because American children might see those people for what they really are? Maybe they wanted to see America lose?

Russia celebrates Great Victory — RT

I think it all got consolidated to Memorial Day

Perhaps because the war wasn't fought on American soil. The war ending for America was different than the war ending for Europe. There wasn't any bombing that stopped over here. . . .

Russia celebrates Great Victory — RT

I think it all got consolidated to Memorial Day
And Veterans Day.

I can think of a few reasons.

1. VE Day was a great victory for europe and the US. But when VE day happened in Europe, the war was over for them. The US was still fighting Japan.

2. Europe had been physically devestated by the war. The US hadn't.

okay, so 2 reasons.

Forum List

Back