Why isn't Trump taking active measures to prevent 2018 election meddling?

Here is my guess: He welcomes help from all sources, domestic and foreign, to help elect and re-elect pro-Trump candidates who will protect his presidency. What do you think?

Trump has done nothing to stop Russia from meddling in the 2018 midterms

Trump Has Not Asked Us To Stop Russian Election Meddling, Intelligence Chiefs Testify

White House Eliminates Cybersecurity Coordinator Role

Absolutely great question. If now, Trump ADMITS that Russia was and is meddling in our elections....to the point where he has the audacity to accuse President Obama for "doing nothing" (which is untrue, by the way)....the obvious question then is WHAT HAS TRUMP DONE SINCE 2016 to assure it doesn't happen again?

Or...did he misspeak again?!:20:

My guess: Russia has the goods on him. If they didn't have compromat before, they have it now from the secret summit. He likely owes Russian banks more than $.5B too.

Thank you. I would guess Trump owes Russia much more than "$.5B". We need to see Trump's tax returns and related documents.
Why? Do you think you will find something IRS auditors missed?

They don't want to see the returns because they wouldn't understand them. What they want is for their favorite taking head or online rage machine to tell them some data point in the returns that they can pretend to be outraged about.

We want to know who Trump owes money to - like Russia.

No you want to lie about it, like Harry Reid did to Romney's tax return.

Here is my guess: He welcomes help from all sources, domestic and foreign, to help elect and re-elect pro-Trump candidates who will protect his presidency. What do you think?

Trump Has Not Asked Us To Stop Russian Election Meddling, Intelligence Chiefs Testify

Absolutely great question. If now, Trump ADMITS that Russia was and is meddling in our elections....to the point where he has the audacity to accuse President Obama for "doing nothing" (which is untrue, by the way)....the obvious question then is WHAT HAS TRUMP DONE SINCE 2016 to assure it doesn't happen again?

How can he control the DNC and Hillary from being corrupt ?

What exactly did Obama do after he scolded Trump and said it was impossible to effect our election? You do remember that, correct?

How are we going to stop Chinese hackers this time around?

Could have been a decent thread if the OP wasnt such a moronic hack. Oh well :dunno:

My guess: Russia has the goods on him. If they didn't have compromat before, they have it now from the secret summit. He likely owes Russian banks more than $.5B too.

Thank you. I would guess Trump owes Russia much more than "$.5B". We need to see Trump's tax returns and related documents.

They don't want to see the returns because they wouldn't understand them. What they want is for their favorite taking head or online rage machine to tell them some data point in the returns that they can pretend to be outraged about.

We want to know who Trump owes money to - like Russia.

No you want to lie about it, like Harry Reid did to Romney's tax return.

That is the correct motorcycle, and is why Trump doesn't release them. He knows the content simply doesn't matter and those who can't understand the returns will be shrieking about them.

Wait aren't liberals defending people who Putin wants to question claiming they owe Russia money, in exchange for the 12 Russians Miller, I mean Mueller has indicted for meddling?

Obama and Hillary both claimed that it's impossible to cheat or for anyone to meddle in elections. I take it they and others have flip flopped yet again.

Looks like the only thing we can do is insist on voter ID to keep those Russians away from the polls. And it would help if the liberal media stopped with the fake news and vicious attacks. People who listen to them might change their minds about voting for someone. Well, that's what Hillary claimed.

The FBI and other agencies don't need direct orders to do their jobs. They are setting it up to make it look like Trump wants meddling and then they will claim that after the election if Dems get their asses handed to them. If they win, they'll say there was no meddling.

If illegal aliens voted for Repubs, we wouldn't have very many here, let alone voting. There is your election meddling. Encouraging illegals to vote and counting the nearly 20 million of them in the census allow sanctuary states to get more electoral votes. That is outright cheating by the left.

What do you expect Trump to do? Don't you trust the CIA, FBI and other agencies to do the jobs they are supposed to do? Not that the FBI has earned anyone's trust. If foreign governments meddle the way Obama did with others, do you guys want to go to war with them or what?

Sorry dimwit....the right wing has been trying the "illegals voting for Democrats" thing for years. Has never been proven....as a matter of fact, it has been DISPROVEN countless times. Heck....this was DISPROVEN back when Bush was President.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/illegal-immigrants-2008-election/

Myth of Voter Fraud

Now we HAVE unanimous consent that Russians have ACTUALLY been meddling in our elections....and now you don't care? Gee, I wonder why?

Shouldn't be a surprise that right wing groups like the NRA are infiltrated with Russian agents.

How can he control the DNC and Hillary from being corrupt ?

So......the answer is nothing. GOT IT!

Step #1 lock-up Hillary and Obama

You're not really "in" to the whole law and order thing....are you?

What exactly did Obama do after he scolded Trump and said it was impossible to effect our election? You do remember that, correct?

Try again goober.
Fact Check: Did The Obama Administration Respond To Election Interference By Russia?

Second, why are you talking about Obama when Trump has been the POTUS for the last 1 1/2 years? Shouldn't Trump be the guy dealing with it now? Or, is passing corporate welfare more important?

Try again goober.
Fact Check: Did The Obama Administration Respond To Election Interference By Russia?

Second, why are you talking about Obama when Trump has been the POTUS for the last 1 1/2 years? Shouldn't Trump be the guy dealing with it now? Or, is passing corporate welfare more important?

Sorry not seeing anything in your NPR article on what Obama had done to prevent Russia from meddling.

lol the Dirty Democrats are sooo damned desperate

And yet no votes were changed as a result of Russia's "meddling".

Minds were influenced. Are you not influenced by corporate advertising to buy their products?

My vote for president is not influenced by ads on Facebook.

So, your vote is not influenced by "news"? Interesting...

I suppose Trump can drop the marketing phrase, "There is no collusion" then.

Trump knows repetition sells. He knows his base buys.

Try again goober.

did you read your article?

"MARTIN: The assumption in what President Trump is saying is that President Obama took no action after learning that the Russians were interfering in the election. Is that the case?

EWING: No, that's not quite correct. The Obama administration had a great deal of internal debate in real time in 2016 about how to respond - whether they should do so publicly or privately. Ultimately, President Obama did so privately with the Russian president Vladimir Putin. He took him aside at an international summit and said, please stop interfering in our election - to no effect."

well when your last "aside" was saying "let me get elected again before i do what you want" didn't stop putin, if they were really doing anything that is.

this humdinger also -

"
EWING: Ultimately, President Obama's administration did take some action against the Russians. So in December of 2016 and January of 2017, there were some punitive measures the United States imposed. The Russian "diplomats," quote-unquote, were ejected from the United States. Their facilities in the United States were closed that they used to spy from New York and Maryland. And there were economic measures that the United States has taken, both under Obama and Trump, in retaliation for this election interference.

The view from critics on the outside was that it might have done more. There might have been cyberattacks - for example, the United States could have launched against the Russians to give back the Russians a taste of their own medicine. Ultimately, the Obama administration decided not to do that because the United States itself is so vulnerable to cyberattacks. And if you get into a cycle of escalation with the Russians, in this view, the United States is going to be the loser there because of how many more vulnerabilities we have as compared with how many they have."

ie - they're better than we are and we can't stop 'em.

so - great proof obama did something.

lol the Dirty Democrats are sooo damned desperate

THAT is the best you can come up with? You realize, you don't HAVE to post anything, right?

Ah well, more evidence supporting the fact that Trump was right about one thing....his supporters are the dumbest imbeciles in the country.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-fifth-avenue-comment/

It's not illegal to owe Russians $400 million. That wouldn't bother the IRS. But it's a bad look in a President so openly obsequious to Putin.

Trump should have been vetted before the election, but it's not too late.

Forum List

Back