Why Isn't the Obama Administration Suing 'Sanctuary Cities'?

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

The lawsuit against SB1070 has nothing to do with keeping immigration policy in federal hands. The Justice Department is preparing a lawsuit against Arizona’s controversial immigration law, likely to be filed next week. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told a South American interviewer last week that the Obama administration opposes the law because “the federal government should be determining immigration policy.” The idea that the administration seeks to uphold federal sovereignty in matters pertaining to immigration is hard to swallow.

Why Isn't the Obama Administration Suing 'Sanctuary Cities'? | The Weekly Standard

Given the reason Clinton stated I believe the question is a good question.

He would be run out of town on rails if he did, and he is a lot of things, but a fool is not one of them.

If immigrants are 'directly and indirectly protected' against federal immigration laws in sanctuary cities, how can the Obama admin sue Arizona on the premise that Arizona in in direct violation of those same laws that protect immigrants in sanctuary cities?

CaféAuLait;2461833 said:

The lawsuit against SB1070 has nothing to do with keeping immigration policy in federal hands. The Justice Department is preparing a lawsuit against Arizona’s controversial immigration law, likely to be filed next week. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told a South American interviewer last week that the Obama administration opposes the law because “the federal government should be determining immigration policy.” The idea that the administration seeks to uphold federal sovereignty in matters pertaining to immigration is hard to swallow.

Why Isn't the Obama Administration Suing 'Sanctuary Cities'? | The Weekly Standard

Yup.

It is a good question.

States aren't required and cannot be forced to enforce federal immigration laws...this goes for cities as well.

Why are you against states rights?

States aren't required and cannot be forced to enforce federal immigration laws...this goes for cities as well.

Why are you against states rights?

That is true (I think) but that isn't really the discussion on the table.

What is being questioned is the inconsistency of the FED regarding the law.

Hence, my previous post suggesting that is WAS a good question.

there is no law, and no reason for citizens to think there is law. Is there?

The bottom line is that Obama and his cronies don't give a fig about the US Constitution. They're going to do what they want to do regardless. If the border problem had been taken care of years ago, we probably would not have anywhere near the problem we have today. Government has failed and refused time and time again to do anything along our border with Mexico. All Arizona has done is create a state law that they can enforce.

Nobody has any problem with anyone who enters this country through proper channels. It's the ones who come in here illegally, breaking a US law the minute they step over the border who are the problem.

Obama would prefer that there be no borders at all. There are tons of people who have have never stepped foot in AZ but they support the AZ law and think their own state should have laws concerning illegal immigrants.

Why in the world would any politician enforce our immigration laws??

One has to look at the big picture as my dad used to say.

Look at all those prospective voters out there.

Why in the world would any politician enforce our immigration laws??

One has to look at the big picture as my dad used to say.

Look at all those prospective voters out there.

Why did some French resist the Nazis in WW2?

CaféAuLait;2461833 said:

Because they would lose votes. Thats all they care about.

Forum List

Back