Why isn't Obama's NLRB sueing GE like it is Boeing?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
The NLRB is filing a lawsuit against Boeing for creating a new factory in SC instead of Seattle. Boeing is in fact adding jobs in Seattle, too, but they are entering a new market in SC.

This is EXACTLY what GE, headed by Obama's Job Czar Jeff Emmelt (spell?) is doing. He's moving new work to China, rather than keeping it here. No jobs are being lost at GE as a result, he's just expanding....in China. It's cheaper.

Why isn't the NLRB filing a lawsuit vs GE? I thinks me knows the answer.

The NLRB has no legal authority in China.
China doesn't do Unions.
GE owns Obama.

I'm not remotely attempting to provide cover for either Obama or GE, but you're comparing two events that aren't really comparable.

The NLRB is filing a lawsuit against Boeing for creating a new factory in SC instead of Seattle. Boeing is in fact adding jobs in Seattle, too, but they are entering a new market in SC.

This is EXACTLY what GE, headed by Obama's Job Czar Jeff Emmelt (spell?) is doing. He's moving new work to China, rather than keeping it here. No jobs are being lost at GE as a result, he's just expanding....in China. It's cheaper.

Justice is too busy arming Mexican drug cartels so they can kill US border agents

I woukld think it's becuse the unions whined like little babies about Boeing.

If they didn't make a stink about GE sending jobs to China, then it's probably just regular people jobs, not union jobs. Therefore, the administration doesn't give a damn.

Unions have been trying to spread overseas for decades. The more jobs over there the better chance they have of spreading.

They have all the contol they can get here. 40% of the country backs them blindly and will insist non-union workers in America get fucked b/c that's what they are told to think.

Just wait, there will be some douche on this thread blaming Bush for jobs leaving.

You've obviously never read the suit against Boeing.

:confused:

The last major GE factory making ordinary incandescent light bulbs in the United States is closing this month, marking a small, sad exit for a product and company that can trace their roots to Thomas Alva Edison's innovations in the 1870s.

The remaining 200 workers at the plant here will lose their jobs.

Light bulb factory closes; End of era for U.S. means more jobs overseas

GE also announced that it intended to close its nonunion incandescent assembly plant in Winchester, Va., which has 203 employees, and its glass plant in Niles, Ohio – represented by the United Electrical Workers – which has 109 employees.

General Electric to Close Kentucky Light Bulb Plant.

Unions have been trying to spread overseas for decades. The more jobs over there the better chance they have of spreading.

They have all the contol they can get here. 40% of the country backs them blindly and will insist non-union workers in America get fucked b/c that's what they are told to think.

Just wait, there will be some douche on this thread blaming Bush for jobs leaving.

booooooooooooooooooooooooosh. Happy now?

What makes you think South Carolina isn't a foreign nation? They don't speak English, though some of their words seem similar to ours, they attacked United States forces in 1861 and the state is named after a foreign king.

I've been to Charleston, SC and enjoyed my visit. The people were friendly, the weather in the early spring is nice and the food and entertainment was great. The politcs of y'all isn't the least bit progressive or even conservative - reactionary seems to be the ideology of their pols.

You've obviously never read the suit against Boeing.

I have, and it's crap.

Boeing is building a new factory in a location they chose to, not to piss off unions, but because it makes financial sense. Boeing actually DID increase employment in the one location, even without building a new factory there. That wasn't enough for the unions.

You simply cannot tell businesses where they can or cannot build their factories, just because a union whines that IT didn't get the jobs.

booooooooooooooooooooooooosh. Happy now?

What makes you think South Carolina isn't a foreign nation? They don't speak English, though some of their words seem similar to ours, they attacked United States forces in 1861 and the state is named after a foreign king.

I've been to Charleston, SC and enjoyed my visit. The people were friendly, the weather in the early spring is nice and the food and entertainment was great. The politcs of y'all isn't the least bit progressive or even conservative - reactionary seems to be the ideology of their pols.

You're such a Holier-than-thou douchebag.

Justice is too busy arming Mexican drug cartels so they can kill US border agents

Correction, they are too busy trying to cover it up.

Forum List

Back