CDZ Why is Turkey's Invasion of Iraq Not US News?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
This week Turkey sent combat troops into Iraq but beyond the State Department washing its hands of the matter I'm having trouble verifying anything I'm getting from Russian and Arabic sources, help please?

This week Turkey sent combat troops into Iraq but beyond the State Department washing its hands of the matter I'm having trouble verifying anything I'm getting from Russian and Arabic sources, help please?

That's what I could find on Russian news:

Syria slammed Turkey on Sunday for deploying hundreds of troops in neighboring Iraq, accusing Ankara of playing a "destructive role" against both Arab countries.

Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has described the deployment as a routine rotation of forces that set up a camp almost a year ago near the northern city of Mosul, which is controlled by Islamic State militants.

The Iraqi Foreign Ministry summoned the Turkish ambassador to demand the withdrawal, saying the troops had entered Iraqi territory without the knowledge of the central government in Baghdad, and it considered their presence as "a hostile act".
Syria slams Turkey over troop deployment in Iraq

Turkey acted “recklessly and inexplicably” by sending forces across the Iraqi border without the approval of Baghdad, Russia’s envoy to the United Nations told the U.N. Security Council Tuesday. Iraq had warned Turkey that it would appeal to the U.N. if Ankara did not withdraw troops that were deployed last Thursday.

Vitaly Churkin, Russia’s ambassador to the U.N., said at a closed council meeting that Ankara's move also showed the "lack of legality" in the air campaign over Syria by the U.S.-led international coalition without its permission, theAssociated Pressreported. Churkin expressed discontent that the council did not agree on Russia’s suggestion to issue a statement acknowledging the obligation to follow international law, according to AP.

Iraq's Ambassador to the U.N. Mohamed Alhakim said that Baghdad and Ankara were working to resolve the troop deployment issue. He also added that the Turkish troops crossed the border illegally and "we have made it very clear that what came through the border has to go back," AP reported.

Churkin asked if the deployment was in the interest of Iraq and fighting ISIS then "why not ask for permission of the government of Iraq?"

Turkey's U.N. Ambassador Halit Cevik, meanwhile, said his country was "very respectful of the territorial integrity, sovereignty of our neighbor," according to AP.
Russia-Turkey Relations: Moscow Accuses Ankara Of ‘Recklessly And Inexplicably’ Sending Troops To Iraq

Turkey is an ally of the US government. The US government has demonstrated repeatedly that it does not respect the sovereignty of other nations. Maybe it's not in the news because it is just more of the same ole same ole and the government would prefer to sweep it under the rug as much as possible.

Speaking of the US government washing it's hands of the situation......here is a fun exchange that happened at a State Dept. briefing.

RT Reporter Gayane Chichakyan shows US reporters how real questioning is conducted and the proof of her effectiveness is shown by US State Department representative John Kirby losing his composure and insulting the reporter and the TV network she works for along with the country of Russia. Note how the State Department spokesperson continually dodges the question while the reporter stays on point. As she reiterates the main point of the question that wasn't answered John Kirby shows his frustration with the line of questioning and then resorts to insults and demagoguery.
Read more at
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Dec,12:
Turkey will not withdraw troops from an Iraqi camp close to the northern ISIS-controlled city of Mosul, said President Tayyip Erdogan, condemning Iraq’s appeal to the UN Security Council about Turkish forces’ presence, which deemed it to be “not honest.”

“They can resort to the UN Security Council, that is their natural right, but this is not an honest step and we believe that Iraq’s actions are related to the latest developments in the region, that is, the steps taken by Russia and Iran,”Erdogan said in an interview with Al Jazeera.

Erdogan's comments came shortly before Iraq sent a letter to the UN Security Council demanding an immediate and unconditional withdrawal of all Turkish troops from Iraq.

“We call on the Security Council to demand that Turkey withdraw its forces immediately ... and not to violate Iraqi sovereignty again,” Iraqi Ambassador Mohamed Ali Alhakim said in a letter to US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, who is currently the president of the Security Council’s rotating seat.

"This is considered a flagrant violation of the principles of the UN Charter, and a violation of Iraqi territorial integrity and sovereignty of the state of Iraq," the letter said, according to Reuters.

The Iraqi envoy send the letter following Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Al Abadi’s instructions which had been given earlier on Friday. In its plea to the UNSC, the Iraqi side stated that bilateral diplomacy had failed to work to resolve the crisis against an "aggressive act."

He stressed that any assistance with military training to fight IS must be based on “bilateral and multilateral agreements”and with respect to Iraqi sovereignty, as well as in "coordination with the Iraqi armed forces."

Taking to Twitter, the Iraqi Prime Minister reiterated that Turkey's actions constitute a “flagrant violation of sovereignty.” At the same time, Abadi said that it is the “constitutional and national duty to protect the country and defend its security and sovereignty and territorial integrity.” The PM promised to take “all measures” and resort to “all legitimate means” to protect Iraq.

‘Not honest’: Erdogan criticizes Iraqi plea to UNSC over Turkish invasion

Turkey is an ally of the US government. The US government has demonstrated repeatedly that it does not respect the sovereignty of other nations. Maybe it's not in the news because it is just more of the same ole same ole and the government would prefer to sweep it under the rug as much as possible.

Speaking of the US government washing it's hands of the situation......here is a fun exchange that happened at a State Dept. briefing.

RT Reporter Gayane Chichakyan shows US reporters how real questioning is conducted and the proof of her effectiveness is shown by US State Department representative John Kirby losing his composure and insulting the reporter and the TV network she works for along with the country of Russia. Note how the State Department spokesperson continually dodges the question while the reporter stays on point. As she reiterates the main point of the question that wasn't answered John Kirby shows his frustration with the line of questioning and then resorts to insults and demagoguery.
Read more at
Yeah I saw that one and laugher at that stuffed shirt.

Propaganda MSM whores. It's the same in Europa, we're hearing nothing on our Propaganda media either. I'm talking television and radio.

Read more at

That John Kirby is a TOTAL Muppet, I've seen him on the television, babbling horsecrap and standing there with those staring creepy shark-like eyes, he looks like a serial killer actually.

Forum List

Back