Why is this straight Republican in favor of SSM?

Skeptik

Astute observer
Oct 19, 2008
The late great Bear Flag Republic
Is it personal? Well, yes, yes it is.

Straight spouses advocate same-sex marriage

Wah Cheong, a lifelong Republican and the soon-to-be divorced father of two teenage boys, sometimes surprises his co-workers and neighbors in a relatively conservative community outside San Francisco when he says he supports same-sex marriage.

"Here is my situation," the 47-year-old chemical engineer tells them when the hot-button topic comes up. "If gays and lesbians were more accepted, I wouldn't have married a closeted lesbian."

Silence usually follows. Then, a spark of understanding.

sounds like a personal problem. 38 years, problems yes, but not on carpet munching or pole licking, I don't know what to tell you

Wah Cheong, a lifelong Republican and the soon-to-be divorced father of two teenage boys, sometimes surprises his co-workers and neighbors in a relatively conservative community outside San Francisco when he says he supports same-sex marriage.

"Here is my situation," the 47-year-old chemical engineer tells them when the hot-button topic comes up. "If gays and lesbians were more accepted, I wouldn't have married a closeted lesbian."

He lives close to San Francisco and says "if gays and lesbians were more accepted...???" Right... There's something fishy about this story and it's not just his ex-wife's thingy.

He lives close to San Francisco and says "if gays and lesbians were more accepted...???" Right... There's something fishy about this story and it's not just his ex-wife's thingy.

Note: There are some seriously conservative areas that are close to San Fransisco. They even allow Republicans to speak, occasionally.

I don't understand what your point is.

Note: There are some seriously conservative areas that are close to San Fransisco. They even allow Republicans to speak, occasionally.

And not everyone in San Fran is gay or comfortable with gays. There are gay bashings happening even there.

LISTEN , with all the pubs that have been coming out of the closet lately,you want us to feel bad about this guy because he faced a litttle embarrassment because he is straight? It really says more about his judgement or lack of than anything else, there really is is a difference between lust and love

LISTEN , with all the pubs that have been coming out of the closet lately,you want us to feel bad about this guy because he faced a litttle embarrassment because he is straight? It really says more about his judgement or lack of than anything else, there really is is a difference between lust and love

Finding out that the woman you've been married to for years and had children with is really a lesbian, going through a divorce, sure, that's just a little embarrassment, sure.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back