Why is this Race Even Close?

The race is still close because McCain did not take the stone.

1223238415686qd6.jpg

At least you see the glass half full. My glass reads "Either Way We're Screwed"

If what we really need is a full glass then indeed it is true that either way we're going to be thirsty.

Most of us voting for candidates of either party are less than impressed by the credentials of the man we'll be voting for, I think.

It's like debatign whether to buy Pontiac or a Buick.

They're the same damned car, except for their filigree.

But since the only choice we really have is based on those minor accessories and grillwork, we like to pretend that they make a huge difference.

There is no way that the wealth is going to be shared folks.

We might get thrown a bone, but until one prty or the other starts thinking like nationalists, rather than internationalists, the American people are screwed.

Our next President is John McCain, and the one after that will be Mrs. Palin, who has real executive experience since 2007. And Obama the "community organizer"? Americans want pro-Americans to lead our country. Obama is a Communist and terrorist sympathizer - and anti-American. Plus he was born in a radical Moslem country. That's why our heroic patriot Senator McCain will win in a landslide, 55% to 40%.

get off bush d@#k. Obama is not a muslim nor a communist. Sarah Palin is not a well known politician but you still are going to vote for Moose KILLER" because you are a bush lover just like Mcsame .

That he does better among virtually every demographic than Kerry did, or even Gore, is good for the party. Obama is a new kind of face in the democratic part, and hurray for that. A real step up from some of the other choices.

I agree. I thought all last night about BAC's words. Is Obama really a dirtbag too? I thought Clinton was great, and he was, but he also went along with a lot of the GOP's stuff. He signed NAFTA and deregulated the media so guys like Rupert Murdoc could buy up every tv, radio and newspaper company. Both of those things are hurting the middle class.

So will Obama make me happy with every decision he makes? No. FISA was one of them.

But I think in the end, I'll see wages go up, my savings go up, less war not more, jobs coming back to America, NAFTA tweeked, Healthcare improved, our standing go back up with the rest of the world, etc.

And again, at least Obama admits there is a problem and says he wants to do something about it. That alone should be enough. For 7.5 years now the GOP have said there was no problem. Now that they can't deny there is a problem, they want to blame the democrats, for a problem they deny even exists. And they say they're better to fix the problems, that they don't even admit exist?

I agree. I thought all last night about BAC's words. Is Obama really a dirtbag too? I thought Clinton was great, and he was, but he also went along with a lot of the GOP's stuff. He signed NAFTA and deregulated the media so guys like Rupert Murdoc could buy up every tv, radio and newspaper company. Both of those things are hurting the middle class.

So will Obama make me happy with every decision he makes? No. FISA was one of them.

But I think in the end, I'll see wages go up, my savings go up, less war not more, jobs coming back to America, NAFTA tweeked, Healthcare improved, our standing go back up with the rest of the world, etc.

And again, at least Obama admits there is a problem and says he wants to do something about it. That alone should be enough. For 7.5 years now the GOP have said there was no problem. Now that they can't deny there is a problem, they want to blame the democrats, for a problem they deny even exists. And they say they're better to fix the problems, that they don't even admit exist?

CFR, Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg....Hmmm apparently Obama is part of the...same old same old corrupt bastards club

The race is close because not everyone is as gullible nor as stupid as you.

What a joke. After 7.5 years the GOP said everything was fine and the economy was strong and Iraq was going according to plan and we watched the debt double and you think I'm gullible for wanting change? Who do you want to be president again?

There is a point where you need to man up and pick a side. But of course I think I know what side you are already on. But that's just a hunch. :eusa_whistle:

CFR, Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg....Hmmm apparently Obama is part of the...same old same old corrupt bastards club

I don't think you can become president without joining.

But don't think for a second that having McCain in the White House would be the same thing as having Obama there. McCain didn't even know we were in an economic crisis until a week ago. And if he runs his administration like he ran his campaign, we are in trouble.

I don't think you can become president without joining.

But don't think for a second that having McCain in the White House would be the same thing as having Obama there. McCain didn't even know we were in an economic crisis until a week ago. And if he runs his administration like he ran his campaign, we are in trouble.

lol, you can't become president without joining, give me a break.

Obama is NOT going to save any of us guys...he's just a man....

Mccain is NOT going to save any of us guys....he also, is just a man....

I see entirely too much HOPE in followers of BOTH candidates...neither will be able to pull us out of this mess all on their own....

No one supporting McCain thinks he's going to fix anything. They don't even think we have a problem. They tell me this is a new world order. Globalization and hiring slave labor from 3rd world countries is good because then we get cheap labor. And Corporations should not be taxed EVER because they hire people. They'll leave the USA if we tax them one cent. BOOOH!!!!

Obama is going to save us from the Republicans, who are making the middle class poor!!! On purpose!!!

Are you middle class or rich? How's business? How's your 401K and home value?

lol, you can't become president without joining, give me a break.

What are you saying? Look at Ron Paul. ANY politician that says what he says, which is the truth, gets blacklisted by Washington and the media.

Do you or do you not believe that the dems are no better than the republicans?

Because I won't argue that the Dems are better. But what I was just giving you is that the Dems are controlled by "the man", just like the GOP is. Not as much, but still they work for the man too. For example, FISA and giving the telecoms immunity. The telecoms clearly paid off Democrats to get immunity.

So are you saying that Obama better or no better than McCain in this respect? Oh I forgot, no one owns McCain. :lol:

No one supporting McCain thinks he's going to fix anything. They don't even think we have a problem. They tell me this is a new world order. Globalization and hiring slave labor from 3rd world countries is good because then we get cheap labor. And Corporations should not be taxed EVER because they hire people. They'll leave the USA if we tax them one cent. BOOOH!!!!

Obama is going to save us from the Republicans, who are making the middle class poor!!! On purpose!!!

Are you middle class or rich? How's business? How's your 401K and home value?

Oh, i am middle class.... lost my socks on my home purchase and some of what was in 401k's...retirement has definately been postponed for another 20- plus years for the hubby due to all of it....

I do not think that mccain or obama can help us singularly....alot of this is up to congress and up to us and this mess is so big, it will not be fixed, the next 8 years by anyone....

I am voting for the administration positions and nominations....i think we have had ENOUGH of republicans and their mind think that got us in this mess and do not believe they should be rewarded with the piss poor jobs they have done.

As with BAC, i do not think Obama is any different than most politicians other than his sweet tongue....

and with Mccain, i know he is just the same that we've had....

Care

Oh, i am middle class.... lost my socks on my home purchase and some of what was in 401k's...retirement has definately been postponed for another 20- plus years for the hubby due to all of it....

I do not think that mccain or obama can help us singularly....alot of this is up to congress and up to us and this mess is so big, it will not be fixed, the next 8 years by anyone....

I am voting for the administration positions and nominations....i think we have had ENOUGH of republicans and their mind think that got us in this mess and do not believe they should be rewarded with the piss poor jobs they have done.

As with BAC, i do not think Obama is any different than most politicians other than his sweet tongue....

and with Mccain, i know he is just the same that we've had....

Care

Did you see these headlines today?

Exxon Mobil breaks another earnings record
Oil giant posts biggest U.S. quarterly profit ever; breaks own record
Exxon Mobil breaks another profit record - Earnings

yes, 14.5 billion in profits for the quarter....

don't think they will do as well next quarter though, now that the speculators have sold off and jumped ship.

True. I heard Palin had it easy in Alaska when oil was $150 a barrell. And apparently she still ran the state into debt???

Ultimately, Palin took Wasilla’s long-term debt from $1 million when she entered office to $25 million when she left.” “Anything she proposed is a good earmark,” said Bob Weinstein, mayor of Ketchikan, Alaska.

Politico reports on Gov. Sarah Palin’s prolific spending while governor of Alaska. “She supports spending taxpayer cash on initiatives that tickle her fancy,” Ken Vogel notes. “During her tenures as both mayor and governor, operating budgets ballooned by 55 percent in Wasilla and 25 percent in Alaska.” Some examples of Palin’s pet projects:

– $25,000 for the Juneau Christian Center, after Palin started worshipping there.

– $2 million for an academic conference meant to dispel the idea that climate change is threatening polar bears.

– $630,000 for a kitchen in a hockey arena complex the self-described hockey mom built during her second term as Wasilla’s mayor.

– At least $10,000 to help fund the snowmobile race Todd Palin has won several times.

Think Progress Palin’s tenure in Alaska filled with pet projects.

What are you saying? Look at Ron Paul. ANY politician that says what he says, which is the truth, gets blacklisted by Washington and the media.

Do you or do you not believe that the dems are no better than the republicans?

Because I won't argue that the Dems are better. But what I was just giving you is that the Dems are controlled by "the man", just like the GOP is. Not as much, but still they work for the man too. For example, FISA and giving the telecoms immunity. The telecoms clearly paid off Democrats to get immunity.

So are you saying that Obama better or no better than McCain in this respect? Oh I forgot, no one owns McCain. :lol:

Start from here my good brother .. the puppetmasters control both parties .. as evidenced by the bailout .. as evidenced by the unabatted fervor for corporate wars .. as evidenced by FISA .. as evidenced by the incursion into Syria .. as evidenced by the collusion in Georgia .. as evidenced by Obama's flip flop on the Bush tax cuts .. as evidenced by the astronomical amount of money Obama has raised and the fact that Wall Street was with Obama BEFORE he was getting lots of "small donations" .. as evidenced by virtually everything you see today.

Intelligence my brother comes with the weight of knowing. Those who have it, as you clearly do, must decide how to respond to truth intelligence can't avoid. One can simply try to ignore truth and do what comes easy .. which is always just going with the flow. Don't ask too many questions, don't look too deeply, don't challenge, don't look in the mirror, be a "team" player, and most importantly, ignore what the intelligence in you cannot. There is a term for all of that .. it's called cognitive dissonance. It's where 1+1 no longer equals 2 .. it equals whatever you want to believe it equals.

There is a growing number of Americans who recognize what the wolf at our door looks like. It doesn't just want to eat us, it wants to eat our children. Those who stand between the wolf and our children will have to be those who cannot ignore their intelligence, cannot ignore the danger the wolf represents to our children and to this country. The last hope for this nation has to be found not only in the intelligence of Americans, but it has to be found in our courage.

The wolf is the corporate will, we exist in a plutocracy .. and only intelligence and courage can save our children, can save this country.

Thomas Jefferson thought freedom from corporations was a basic human right .. which speaks to the absolute brilliance of the man. He knew hundreds of years ago what would be our greatest threat today. And, the Declaration of Independence clearly defines the responsibilities and the duties of citizens. It clearly defines the difference between a citizen and a subject. We are today, a nation of subjects .. too timid to face our responsibilities, too controlled to face our duties.

There is a gigantic elephant in the room my brother. We've become nothing more than swallowers and subjects and we deserve the government we get. But we are undeserving as protectors of our children and the values that make us American.

As you know I direct none of this to you personally, but it's no mystery why we are collapsing.

Last edited:
Obama's flip flop on the Bush tax cuts .. as evidenced by the astronomical amount of money Obama has raised and the fact that Wall Street was with Obama BEFORE he was getting lots of "small donations" .. as evidenced by virtually everything you see today.

and only intelligence and courage can save our children, can save this country.

1. Obama better not flip flop on Bush's tax cuts. I did notice yesterday in his infomercial that it's not $200K, not $250k.
2. Obama did this grass roots. Fine, he got money from corporations too, but I think you are ignoring how much money he raised from people like me. He will lose our support in 2012 if he doesn't do for us. He will do for us.
3. Courage we have. Not so sure about intelligence. Not collectively anyways.
4. I'm going with Obama this time. If he turns out not to be the messiah like I think he will, I'll whole heartedly vote 3rd party in 2010 and 2012.

I think he's going to be GREAT. At least as good as Clinton. Clinton was a sellout too, but at least he threw the middle class a bone. I was saving enough for retirement AND buying lots of shit in the 90's. Now it's one or the other. And the GOP says this is as good as it's gonna get? Fuck that.

Yes he has gotten millions of dollars from people like you who send in $199 dollars over and over using names like

Mr. peabody and Dr. Feelgood

VEry Patriotic

Yes he has gotten millions of dollars from people like you who send in $199 dollars over and over using names like

Mr. peabody and Dr. Feelgood

VEry Patriotic

Waaaahhh!!!! Somebody call you a waaambulance.

This is the first year the Dems have had more money than the GOP. Fucking whiners.

And you mock what Obama did. Typical. What should I expect from a person who for 8 years said Clinton's economy wasn't really good and for the next 8 said Bush's economy was.

Zero credibility with me.

lol, of course why question the avenues that obama has gotten his money from.

lol bobo

It's a shame you waste oxygen that coul dbe used for a rational human being

1. Obama better not flip flop on Bush's tax cuts. I did notice yesterday in his infomercial that it's not $200K, not $250k.
2. Obama did this grass roots. Fine, he got money from corporations too, but I think you are ignoring how much money he raised from people like me. He will lose our support in 2012 if he doesn't do for us. He will do for us.
3. Courage we have. Not so sure about intelligence. Not collectively anyways.
4. I'm going with Obama this time. If he turns out not to be the messiah like I think he will, I'll whole heartedly vote 3rd party in 2010 and 2012.

I think he's going to be GREAT. At least as good as Clinton. Clinton was a sellout too, but at least he threw the middle class a bone. I was saving enough for retirement AND buying lots of shit in the 90's. Now it's one or the other. And the GOP says this is as good as it's gonna get? Fuck that.

After running, and winning on a pledge to rescind the Bush tax cuts because they are bad for the economy ...

Obama: Recession Could Delay Rescinding Bush Tax Cuts

His rationale .. because it would be bad for the economy.

"WASHINGTON — Democrat Barack Obama says he would delay rescinding President Bush's tax cuts on wealthy Americans if he becomes the next president and the economy is in a recession, suggesting such an increase would further hurt the economy."
Obama: Recession Could Delay Rescinding Bush Tax Cuts

Help me out here .. I'm not a democrat and obviously being a democrat is a requirement to figure this out.

How in the hell were the Bush tax cuts bad for the economy when his campaign needed them to be bad for the economy, but now somehow magically transformed into good for the economy as he stands at the steps to the throne?

Of course he says he won't extend the Bush tax cuts .. but when do they expire .. January 1, 2011

WHAT?

What was that you were saying about Obama and the Bush tax cuts?

You've already resigned yourself into settling for a bone .. my childern and grandchildren don't need bones. They need a vibrant America not owned and controlled by corporations.

Forum List

Back