Why Is This Not Mentioned?

Nation of Islam is one of the few leftist groups that the Southern Poverty Law Center lists as a hate group.

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/map/hate.jsp#s=AZ

Thanks. I read up on them on wikipedia and it's an interesting question if they are anti-semitic or not. The guy claims it's impossible for muslims to hate jews, of course he could be lying, it seems they are more anti-Israel.

The point I was trying to make is that they are often hired for security and they seem to be rather good at it so it doesn't seem unusual that Wright would hire them. Unless of course he is only doing it to further undermine Obama. My one experience with them was that I was glad they were there.

To be honest, I love all humanity, and all life. I love God as well, and the failure to recognize God is the failure of mankind if you ask me.

You could put it that way, but I don't think it's specifically about God. I think the underlying reason for that is people not recognizing anything higher than their own personal desires and beliefs. In essence, they worship themselves.

This Nation is well on its way to becoming, if it already has not become a Nation of self-serving, selfish, closed-minded people who live in their own petty little worlds who have let the "common bond" fall to the wayside, and hate anything that stands between them and what they want.

It isn't about being American anymore during troubled times. It's about "me." People, respectively, think their way is "the" way and will tolerate no difference of opinion. To the point that they are intolerant to other ideas of tolerance.

So IMO, the failure to serve a higher cause than oneself; regardless what it is, would be the reason people can't get beyond their own pettiness anymore.

We've lost our common sense and logic as to where the line is drawn between personal freedom and doing what is best for all.

You could put it that way, but I don't think it's specifically about God. I think the underlying reason for that is people not recognizing anything higher than their own personal desires and beliefs. In essence, they worship themselves.

This Nation is well on its way to becoming, if it already has not become a Nation of self-serving, selfish, closed-minded people who live in their own petty little worlds who have let the "common bond" fall to the wayside, and hate anything that stands between them and what they want.

It isn't about being American anymore during troubled times. It's about "me." People, respectively, think their way is "the" way and will tolerate no difference of opinion. To the point that they are intolerant to other ideas of tolerance.

So IMO, the failure to serve a higher cause than oneself; regardless what it is, would be the reason people can't get beyond their own pettiness anymore.

We've lost our common sense and logic as to where the line is drawn between personal freedom and doing what is best for all.

And yet, you don't mind when the " wrong" group is denied any rights. In fact your exact words being " The ends justify the means".

"Furthermore, Reverend Wright’s “incendiary” and “divisive” comments are hardly new, as America’s relationship with rabble rousing, controversial Baptist polemicists has been long and fruitful. Regrettably, due to socio-political reality of America, we can only uncomfortably tolerate White pastors, such as the late Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, who spewed vitriolic anger and bombastic rhetoric damning America for its vices and sins. Lest we forget, Falwell and Robertson tag teamed like the Christian version of “The Justice League” to issue this enlightened post 9-11 commentary:
Falwell: I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this [The 9-11 attacks] happen.”
Robertson: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government.
Both pastors enjoyed and continue to enjoy veneration and respect by several ranking members of the Republican Party and the Bush Administration undoubtedly due to their influence over the Evangelical Christian vote. However, neither Bush Sr. nor President G.W. Bush were demonized, lambasted or endlessly hounded for explanations regarding their affiliations with these “incendiary”, White pastors.

Furthermore, the holy Billy Graham, second only to Mother Theresa or Shirley Temple as icons of virtue, cultivated personal friendships and acquaintanceships with nearly all the sitting Presidents dating back to Nixon, many times serving as their spiritual advisor. Despite a highly successful and charismatic career “building bridges” undoubtedly fueled by a sincere devotion and belief in his religion, Graham secretly harbored deeply anti-Semitic sentiments as evidenced by the recorded Nixon tapes of 1972 that were released by the US National Archives. In the tapes, Mr. Graham complained of a Jewish “stranglehold” on Hollywood and the media, which he urged “has got to be broken or this country’s going down the drain.” Graham continues:

“A lot of Jews are great friends of mine. They swarm around me and are friendly to me, because they know that I am friendly to Israel and so forth, but they don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country, and I have no power and no way to handle them." "

http://www.counterpunch.org/waj05012008.html

And yet, you don't mind when the " wrong" group is denied any rights. In fact your exact words being " The ends justify the means".

You are STILL stuck on that?

Funny how you NEVER answer me EVER!

How about them parents DENYING their children?

I guess you think that is wonderful!

AND WHAT FUCKING RIGHTS WERE THEY DENIED?

The right to abuse their children?

Or maybe you secretly abuse your children and I was wrong about you and YOU ARE A PSYCHO FUCK!

Why do you say this?

It is just my opinion. One person’s mountain is another person’s mole-hill. I doubt that Obama is in danger of losing his life to any greater degree than is any presidential candidate. He disagreed with some of the crass rhetoric of Wright. That is all that there is to it. All of this convoluted reasoning and imagination is just silly, insignificant and not that newsworthy in my opinion.

so fox news is part of some conspiracy...please tell me more...

:rofl:

Forum List

Back