Why Is This Not A National Tragedy?

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
Chicago Tribune
3 dead, 5 wounded in Chicago shootings

Updated at 8:17 am

I understand why the Colorado Springs shooting is a tragedy, but my question is, why is this not? Why is it of the attitude, it is just Chicago.
The lives of those killed and injured are of importance, too. All 8 were within 24 hours. Three separate incidence involved someone exiting a dark/black sedan and firing on others in different places. Another involved someone exiting a white sedan.
.Why is this just accepted, and doesn't deserve the attention of federal authorities, as did the Colorado Springs incident?

What is wrong with this picture? I would like to hear from you.

Why is this allowed to go on? Why aren't all resources used to help weed this poison out? Why is it not a national conversation? Is it simply because of race? And if so, what does that say about our/their leaders, representatives? Ir has been happening for years and only getting worse.

Do remember that gun laws have not solved it. This is do e by illegally acquired guns. No amount of laws will prevent the bad guys from getting them. Only the vunerable, law abiding can't get them.

Why, Luddly? Why is it just accepted? Why is it less worse than the other? Even before any officers were shot, it was national headline news. Was it because the potential ,of more harm was greater? Even the 3 killed in Colorado Springs on Oct. 31, made headline news. Yet these, will be but a blip on the screen.
It is.

And Chicago is far from the worst.

Why, Luddly? Why is it just accepted? Why is it less worse than the other? Even before any officers were shot, it was national headline news. Was it because the potential ,of more harm was greater? Even the 3 killed in Colorado Springs on Oct. 31, made headline news. Yet these, will be but a blip on the screen.
It is.

And Chicago is far from the worst.

It's not accepted. It's just not covered nationally. National news covers things with national relevance. A local shooting is a local coverage story, not a national one. You're confusing coverage with concern.

Chicago Tribune

I understand why the Colorado Springs shooting is a tragedy, but my question is, why is this not? Why is it of the attitude, it is just Chicago.
The lives of those killed and injured are of importance, too. All 8 were within 24 hours. Three separate incidence involved someone exiting a dark/black sedan and firing on others in different places. Another involved someone exiting a white sedan.
.Why is this just accepted, and doesn't deserve the attention of federal authorities, as did the Colorado Springs incident?

Why is this allowed to go on? Why aren't all resources used to help weed this poison out? Why is it not a national conversation? Is it simply because of race? And if so, what does that say about our/their leaders, representatives? Ir has been happening for years and only getting worse.

Do remember that gun laws have not solved it. This is do e by illegally acquired guns. No amount of laws will prevent the bad guys from getting them. Only the vunerable, law abiding can't get them.

Because by and large people do not give a fuck. At all. It requires getting into the details beyond gun rights and people don't want to do that.

It also requires funding. People don't want to do that shit either. It also requires prison time. People don't want to do that shit either.

Last edited:
Same thing every day. Total it up and report out at end of year. They don't want to report on it because:

a.) It would be admission that 50 years of DemWitted policies Nationwide have failed.
b.) Someone would start demanding solutions........and they don't have any that won't upset votes.

Inner City violence is no longer newsworthy. We've gone through and to great lengths to make guns cheap, affordable, and readily available. This is the price society pays when it lives under 230 y/o laws and don't adjust them to 21st century reality.

It's not so much because it's Chicago.
There's nothing there to latch hold to.

When there's a shooting in a school or a movie theater, the ideologues want to grasp for a solution. Their all-purpose solution - take away the guns from this violent culture.
When it happens in the inner-city, where there are too many guns to try to reach out and grab, they know that this particular problem requires more thought and more inward-looking to solve the people problem. That's too much work and it requires them to admit that there's a breakdown in the family unit....that poverty begets crime and crime begets poverty.....that there has been a deterioration in moral values....that human life has less value in the 'hood'.
To admit all of that would be admitting their own domestic policy failures

Chicago Tribune

Doesn't fit THE NARRATIVE.

Chicago Tribune

"No amount of laws will prevent the bad guys from getting them."

This false cliché just won't die. It is a worthless statement. If this is true then there is no reason for any law, because according to you and every other gun licker bad guys do what they want anyway.

Why are there laws against owning dynamite.
Why are there laws against owning fully auto machine guns.
Why are there laws against owning a tank.

Ad absurdum. Laws DO keep bad guys from getting their hands on most things by keeping these things scarce. A lot tougher with guns because the NRA and gun lobby has spent every waking hour making sure the entire country is flooded with guns, guns, guns, guns.

It's not so much because it's Chicago.
There's nothing there to latch hold to.

When there's a shooting in a school or a movie theater, the ideologues want to grasp for a solution. Their all-purpose solution - take away the guns from this violent culture.
When it happens in the inner-city, where there are too many guns to try to reach out and grab, they know that this particular problem requires more thought and more inward-looking to solve the people problem. That's too much work and it requires them to admit that there's a breakdown in the family unit....that poverty begets crime and crime begets poverty.....that there has been a deterioration in moral values....that human life has less value in the 'hood'.
To admit all of that would be admitting their own domestic policy failures

giphy.gif

Democrooks deliberately put their former slaves back into bondage. Rather than labor for meager rations, they simply vote for them. They were unable to eradicate them through eugenics as Margret Sanger envisioned, thanks to progturd adolph's extreme methods and the outrage that ensued. The next best solution? Undermine the family unit, marginalize spirituality, and promote violent criminal behavior as trendy.

It will help weed out stupid people of all cultures who embrace "thug life" and the ensuing gun violence will compel people to accept infringements on the second amendment..

That hasn't fully come to fruition, but you can plainly see how desperate the libturds are to disarm those of us who obey the law.

The bed wetters love to insist that the "racists switched parties", but it is obvious to anyone who has a functioning frontal lobe that the racists switched tactics, not parties. The goal of course is to renew slavery, but not have it limited to minorities.

This false cliché just won't die. It is a worthless statement. If this is true then there is no reason for any law, because according to you and every other gun licker bad guys do what they want anyway.

Ad absurdum. Laws DO keep bad guys from getting their hands on most things by keeping these things scarce. A lot tougher with guns because the NRA and gun lobby has spent every waking hour making sure the entire country is flooded with guns, guns, guns, guns.

As usual you make some good points. IF they were ever able to get all guns and prevent more this would require complete seal of the border(s)? They can't and won't control living human traffic.

I suppose if someone needed dynamite.......they could get some from Mexico. Guns work for now.

It is one thing if someone of consequence or political significance dies and another thing if it's a just another black thug. Brown and Martin were thugs whose death could be exploited for political gains.

Therein is the only reason we know who they were. They were still thugs, but that's life.

Chicago Tribune

You don't get it do you? We have the RIGHT to be armed. You don't like that right? Change the Constitution. There is no further law or laws that will address current problems on gun control. NONE. You want shooters off the street? Treat the problem. I would suggest the Military be authorized the police power in inner cities to raid and destroy gangs. I would suggest that prison sentences be changed so shooter go to Prison a LOT longer then they do now. The same people are the shooters and they go for a couple years and are back in the hood shooting it up again shortly. Repeat offender? Permanent jail no parole no release.

Chicago Tribune

Why Is This Not A National Tragedy?

It is but at 9,000 gun murders a year we're used to it. Life is cheap here, very.

Forum List

Back