Why is this Country going nuts ?

This is not a "political" issue. It's a mental illness issue. How can you say that a person who intentionally shoots 27 people is not mentally ill?

27 dead, including gunman, at Conn. school | General Headlines | Comcast

27 dead, including gunman, at Conn. school
A man opened fire inside the Connecticut elementary school where his mother worked Friday, killing 26 people, including 18 children, and forcing students to cower in classrooms and then flee with the help of teachers and police.

The death toll — 26 victims plus the gunman — was given to The Associated Press by an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was still under way.

Seems to be everyday ,is it from just nut cases ,or hopelessness , direction of the Country.This shit needs to stop ,we are heading down a dark road....

It's just another day in America, Nova.

Thats sad ...

In today's America, these kinds of senseless mass shooting are considered an extremely unfortunate yet acceptable kind of collateral damage by many people in order to maintain easy access to all kinds of firearms for American citizens as a whole. That's just the way it is.

You think conservatives are going to budge on this issue just because some kids get killed? Get real! The only way that would ever happen is if some gun nut broke into a Congressional kindergarten some day and wrecked this kind of havoc. Otherwise, they don't really give a damn about this issue except for how they'll claim they're being victimized by liberals because of their intransigence at any kind of sensible gun control legislation that might just do little more than limit clip sizes for semiautomatic weapons.

As for me, I just shut out the media sources which is easier than ever for me since I stopped watching TV a couple of years ago. Let the media folks argue in circles for all the good it will do. Things will merely continue on pretty much as they are now until a few weeks or so from now when another gun nut will walk into a public place and start firing. Maybe next time they'll be something even more shocking than killing little kids (although I can't imagine how that's possible). Maybe he'll have a full automatic. Or maybe he'll walk into a nursery in a hospital. I guess that would qualify as more shocking.

Regardless, it's going to happen again, and again...and again. Everyone knows that. All this hand-wringing kinda pisses me off to be honest. Either we should try to do something about it, or we should just accept it, PERIOD! But in my opinion, all this talk and public angst and flagellation is little more than extremely shallow, self-serving display of emotional suffering on the alter of public opinion where some people pretend to feel the REAL pain of the families who have suffered a life-altering loss that will likely forever leave themselves and their families as shells of their former selves. As for me, I find that kind of phony public display extremely distasteful. But all of that isn't half as bad as seeing the shell shocked families trying to make sense of the senseless. So I choose not to watch any of it.

psychiatric medications...
I think we have a winner......Google it sometime and you will be amazed.
The number of Americans prescribed these drugs. The effects and side effects associated with the use of these drugs.
Forget banning Guns, don't blame the NRA
The real culprit here are the pharmaceutical manufacturers and the Doctor's that prescribe them.
The drugs need to be banned.

A little too early to start pointing fingers in this particular incident but I suspect a highly paranoid individual thinking the world is actually going to end in a few days.
.....But, why decide that it was time for those people to "go"??? He's supposed to be the son "of an employee of the school".​

If we had a signed explanation from the killer himself we would be just as hard pressed to figure it out. We will be asking why about this for a long time and there will never be a satisfactory answer other than he was mentally ill, we waste our time trying to translate the thoughts of a man in the depths of madness into a thought process any of us would understand.

Why is it when a white person kill someone we call it mentally ill, but when a black person do the same they are called evil.

What happen was pure EVIL.
It sadden me greatly to hear of all those little kids and others losing their life because of this evil person.

His fiend the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Forum List

Back