Why is there Spam on some avatars?

I'm getting it too. It started on this site and now has spread to other sites.
Transparent Genius I think is the malware. I've tried to get it removed but couldn't, so I went from Firefox to Google. That did the trick. I've uninstalled Firefox and re installed, but it does the same thing.

Transparent Genius I think is the malware. I've tried to get it removed but couldn't, so I went from Firefox to Google. That did the trick. I've uninstalled Firefox and re installed, but it does the same thing.

[MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION]

Is this right?

I'm not sure you got rid of it. There's a really stupid looking guy in your avatar now.
He looks distant and lost. Like he might hurt someone.

Is this right?

If it's malware, it's very likely on your end, not ours. I have not had the problem you describe, in any browser.

Is this right?

If it's malware, it's very likely on your end, not ours. I have not had the problem you describe, in any browser.

I have had that problem either. USMB on Firefox is slow otherwise nothing.

I've always had a lot of little glitch-type hassles with this site but nothing like this.

Fingers crossed.

Here is what I was seeing the other night:

119b41h.png

See the bloomer box under the picture?

That is what was showing up under various random avatars the other night.

I haven't sen them since.

Forum List

Back