Why is there a Marriage License?

Does anyone have any logical explanation in why we need a marriage license?

Well it used to serve a practical Purpose, they would do a blood test to make sure people who were to closely related did not marry and reproduce. However I don't know about elsewhere but here in MI, when me and the wife got Hitched, they no longer required a blood test.

The only reason for the license now at least in this state, is so the Local Government can generate some revenue.

By the way, who ever said Divorce is a fool. Marriage is a contract, and a state issued Marriage license is not needed to get a divorce.

Does anyone have any logical explanation in why we need a marriage license?

Well it used to serve a practical Purpose, they would do a blood test to make sure people who were to closely related did not marry and reproduce. However I don't know about elsewhere but here in MI, when me and the wife got Hitched, they no longer required a blood test.

The only reason for the license now at least in this state, is so the Local Government can generate some revenue.

By the way, who ever said Divorce is a fool. Marriage is a contract, and a state issued Marriage license is not needed to get a divorce.

the blood test is for venereal disease, not consanguinity

Forum List

Back