Why Is Theism Waning And Atheism Growing?

People are tired of being tied down to a religion that is goofy..anyone with half a brain can see the inconsistency of religion..
well said.....and those of us with the rest of the brains have gotten beyond your limitations and realize there is no inconsistency......
Except for the inconsistencies, errors and outright falsehoods.
since they all come from atheists, we tend to ignore them.....
Ignorance on your part won't magically erase the errors, inconsistencies and falsehoods in the various bibles.
/shrugs....ignorance on your part created them.....
Denial on your part won't cause the errors, inconsistencies and falsehoods to magically disappear.

This atheist wants proof. Absent of proof, I don't scoff, I question.
Why would an all powerful being offer up a hell as an alternative?
I don't have a hedonistic life or lifestyle.I also don't have a dedication to god.
From all that I know of religion, I've paved my way to hell while being a good person. It's a path I proudly travel.

you say that now. But then you will have to meet your maker and answer to a Holy awesome God that will make you tremble in your boots so much you will die...and then get your just punishment in Hell.
You seem excited that I should suffer for not believing in your god. Not very loving of you (or loving of your god). I hope your choice of god doesn't ricochet on you if you've chosen the wrong one, or the wrong means of worship.. Best of luck to you.

One might think that you do not believe in the Cosmic Lottery, or the Great Hitman in the Sky who judges based on the biases and preferences of His self-proclaimed spokespersons!

Theism, and specifically, Christianity, is growing by leaps and bounds.

As we proved and discussed in guano's retardothread.

In America it is going away faster than ever before. Of course it'll take the longest for people in the poor ignorant bible belt but in the northeast and northwest people are being enlightened every day.

This is a great video if you have 10 minutes

Yes, Sealybobo, Christian religious beliefs are diminishing, however, with the significant influx of Muslims from the Middle East and North Africa, plus their higher birthrate than Americans of European descent, we are seeing an increase of the Muslim faith. I believe that one day, this nation will deteriorate into another Civil War; one which pitches non-Muslims against Muslims. Time will tell.

Inspired by Guno's thread about declining 'religious affiliated' people the question occurs, why is one declining in popularity, and the other increasing?

There was a time not so long ago in the grand scheme of things when people of lesser means who wanted to learn how to read had little in the way of choices as to what to read. Combine that with a political landscape that was supported by industrial interests and a clergy who both wanted sheep to exploit and the results were predictable.

There is a reason that the more educated a person becomes the more likely they are to question authority, both in the here and now and in the hereafter.

Education: Good for everyone but the status quo.

Science once told us that illnesses were caused by tiny men inside our bodies, maliciously attacking us from within.
And now medical science has antibiotics.
an answer to our prayers......
So is that blueprint for the cancer cell. Thank your gawds.
well, I don't have a degree in biology, but I'm pretty certain that antibiotics are not the blueprint for cancer cells.......if you have some documentation to support that I will certainly take a look......

What a low IQ buffoon, not in educated counties its not , In the US its shrinking
as ignorance spreads, atheism takes root and grows.....
Actually, it has been the waning influence of the religious entities that has allowed science and knowledge to expand man's horizons. It was lovely Flat Earth types such as yourself who kept Europe in the Dark Ages.

That is antithetical to ALL historical perspectives. The ONLY people who believe that are uneducated bigots.

In America it is going away faster than ever before. Of course it'll take the longest for people in the poor ignorant bible belt but in the northeast and northwest people are being enlightened every day.

This is a great video if you have 10 minutes

Yes, Sealybobo, Christian religious beliefs are diminishing, however, with the significant influx of Muslims from the Middle East and North Africa, plus their higher birthrate than Americans of European descent, we are seeing an increase of the Muslim faith. I believe that one day, this nation will deteriorate into another Civil War; one which pitches non-Muslims against Muslims. Time will tell.

Not a chance. The future generation of American Muslims will be very moderate if not liberal.

Some will become atheists, some will become Christians and many of them will do exactly what a lot of us Christians do. We don't really even practice our religion but we were born into Christian families so we consider ourselves "Christians".

Hell, one day they might convince us all that Islam is the way to go. That too could happen. Do I think it will happen? Fuck no.

By the way, this sounds like the very same argument for not letting all the illegal mexican workers in. Americans worry they will take over. Trust me, in 2 generations Juan or Hector won't even know how to speak Spanish anymore.

Where it is exploding is in the anti-Christian shitholes, where the first acts of kindness people have ever witnessed come to them at the hands of Christians, who have risked their lives to be there.

And you do know that the better educated, the more likely a person is to attend church..right?

That tells us all we need to know about you, guano.
That's we we Jews laugh at you trailer dwelling white trash goyim :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm sure real Jews are proud of your contribution to the discourse

Last edited:
Inspired by Guno's thread about declining 'religious affiliated' people the question occurs, why is one declining in popularity, and the other increasing?

Atheism doesn't promise good stuff for good people but rather absolute nothingness. Not much of a selling point there, yet it's becomming more popular, and the ones that do promise heaven or paradise are in their declines. Why would that be?

Might think because people gravitate to the truth, but I wouldn't agree they do that as evidenced by Christianity and Islam's 3.5 billion followers where Judaism, the initial religion latter ones are built from have only 14 million. If truth were always more attractive, there should be 3.5 bn Jews and only a few million other faiths.

Maybe it's the constant assertions of there's this being we call God who loves you, is all-powerful, and will reward you when you die...But we can't prove a word of it. GIven the choice between identifying as someone who believes that versus 'there is no God' maybe people are just choosing the more sensible option at last? Not necessarily the better option, just the more sensible one.

If Christianity is so god damn obvious and I'm just stupid for not seeing it, why aren't Jews and Muslims stupid for not seeing it?

If it were so god damn obvious but I'm just too dumb to get it, is that also true of all the Jews & Muslims who've also heard about Jesus but don't believe?

If it were so obvious there wouldn't be billions of non Christians on this planet. Seems like it isn't just us atheists who don't buy it.

Also, I watched this DVD called Angels & Demons, Are We Alone? They told us stories and the history of Angels and Demons but in no way did they even attempt to prove these things exist. They simply discussed them as if they did exist.

Maybe today people are smarter than we were a generation or two ago. They didn't have movies like the Exorcist back then. Today I hear about someone being possessed and I'm a lot more familiar with the history of religion so I know exorcism are just superstitious theists with mental problems. Maybe 50 years ago I wouldn't have put that together.

Where it is exploding is in the anti-Christian shitholes, where the first acts of kindness people have ever witnessed come to them at the hands of Christians, who have risked their lives to be there.

And you do know that the better educated, the more likely a person is to attend church..right?

That tells us all we need to know about you, guano.
That's we we Jews laugh at you trailer dwelling white trash goyim :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm sure real Jews are proud of your contribution to the discouse

How come Christians get mad at us when we call bullshit on the whole Mary a virgin, Jesus the son of god who rose from the dead after 3 days but they don't get mad when Jews deny those things ever happened?

Seems like, as long as people who deny Jesus believe in their own god(s), they get a pass.

But if you don't believe in any god(s), christian or other, you're going to hell. Funny Jesus God put so much importance on people believing in him but the Jews, WHO WERE THERE WHEN HE SUPPOSEDLY PERFORMED MIRACLES, get a free pass.

it does if I deny the errors, inconsistencies and falsehoods and you cannot document them......
You can document them for yourself.
/shrugs....so far I've disproven the ones people have admitted to......the rest must be pipe dreams....
You have disproven nothing. How is it that you gods allowed mortal men to write such a clumsily composed and assembled collection of tales and fables and never bothered to edit-out / correct the errors, omissions and false claims?

There's nothing at all clumsy about the Bible. Ask any archaeologist or historian.

Or lit professor, as far as that goes. Or biologist, or anthropologist.

There's nothing at all clumsy about the Bible. Ask any archaeologist or historian.

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artifacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

This atheist wants proof. Absent of proof, I don't scoff, I question.
Why would an all powerful being offer up a hell as an alternative?
I don't have a hedonistic life or lifestyle.I also don't have a dedication to god.
From all that I know of religion, I've paved my way to hell while being a good person. It's a path I proudly travel.

Well, you're not exactly the average guy, Alan1, lol. As for hell, you know I don't believe it exists as a place, and you also know that I don't practice dogmatic or traditional religion. Religion is one of those things that some of us want or need for our own reasons, just as it's something that some have no use for, also for personal reasons. I personally don't care what anyone believes (or not). It makes no difference in the big scheme of things.
How the hell are you Lizzie? (pun intended)

Like you, I don't get too wrapped up in the beliefs or religion of others. If they want to practice beliefs and religion, that's their choice. As long as it isn't infringing on the rights of others, I'm ok with it. From what I've seen, most religious practices really don't infringe upon the rights of others.

Forum List

Back