Why is the whining over the payroll tax holiday expiration only starting now?

If you believed the payroll tax should never have been cut in the first place then you should be praising Obama for not pushing to extend the cut.

I don't believe that. I believe we should move to a Chilean style system in which individuals own their retirement savings accounts, instead of one in which the government plunders it to spend on rewarding their Cronies.

Right.

I keep a copy of my 401K statement from 2008, Q4, to remind myself of how asspoundingly retarded that idea is.

If you had all of your investments in stock, you are a moron.

A lot of us never saw that tax cut. When the SS tax was cut, the State of IL raised state income taxes by a reciporical amount. So our tax rate actually remained about the same.

Nobody realized a benefit from the temporary SS tax cut. Energy and food inflation ate up the entire amount.

So you didn't get any raises in the last four years. I'll admit, mine have been pretty pathetic, but I got them. So did most people.

Incidently, inflation has been relatively weak in the last four years. We even had deflation for a while there in 2009.

Can you read? I said that the temporary SS tax cut was eaten up by inflation. That has nothing to do with whether or not someone received a raise - it just means that the cut was meaningless from a "stimulating the economy" point of view, the supposed reason for doing it in the first place.

I don't believe that. I believe we should move to a Chilean style system in which individuals own their retirement savings accounts, instead of one in which the government plunders it to spend on rewarding their Cronies.

Right.

I keep a copy of my 401K statement from 2008, Q4, to remind myself of how asspoundingly retarded that idea is.

Oh, no, I had some in property, and that tanked as well, thanks for asking.

Consumers took a bath, homeowners took a path. Working folks took a bath.

The Banksters and teh Wall Street guys got bailouts.

And Republicans see nothing in the least wrong with this.

Right.

I suggest you read up on the roll of our government before you blame the fiasco on the private sector and quit blaming one party. The Dems are guilty as well.

I suggest you read up on the roll of our government before you blame the fiasco on the private sector and quit blaming one party. The Dems are guilty as well.

Yeah, I know, Community Reinvestment Act, blah, blah, blah, poor people buying houses, and so on.

I think both parties are guilty. I think there should have been trials for the banksters. Made up of juries of people who lost their jobs and homes in this mess.

Right.

Simply amazing. Six years of democrats being in control, four years of Obama and yet you blame Republicans for what they have done. What really is true is that by reelecting Obama the liberal left has shown it is THEY that does not care. Proof is in the pudding.

You have to laugh at these people who think their money would be safer if it wasn't going to SS, because SS is going to go bankrupt and the US government is going to default on its obligations.

You think that same money in stocks will be better off if the US starts defaulting on its debts?

lol, you people are truly children.

Your faith in government is heartwarming, hopefully one day they'll confiscate your private investments and invest them for you that'd be great:eusa_eh:

I'm not complaining, bub. I'm pointing out how the working classes have been duped by this tax increase on The Rich.

If you believed the payroll tax should never have been cut in the first place then you should be praising Obama for not pushing to extend the cut.

I don't believe that.

This is what's wrong with you people. You are so immersed in trying to find excuses to hate the president that you can't keep your own positions straight.

Note the content of the post below, then note the thank you endorsement:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6584705-post94.html

You have to laugh at these people who think their money would be safer if it wasn't going to SS, because SS is going to go bankrupt and the US government is going to default on its obligations.

You think that same money in stocks will be better off if the US starts defaulting on its debts?

Your faith in government is heartwarming, hopefully one day they'll confiscate your private investments and invest them for you that'd be great:eusa_eh:

The Dems are working on that:

Democrats in the Senate on Thursday held a recess hearing covering a taxpayer bailout of union pensions and a plan to seize private 401(k) plans to more “fairly” distribute taxpayer-funded pensions to everyone.

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), Chairman of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee heard from hand-picked witnesses advocating the infamous “Guaranteed Retirement Account” (GRA) authored by Theresa Guilarducci.

(You can find the blistering interview with Guilarducci by radio talk show host Mark Levin in 2007 at the link).

In a nutshell, under the GRA system government would seize private 401(k) accounts, setting up an additional 5% mandatory payroll tax to dole out a “fair” pension to everyone using that confiscated money coupled with the mandated contributions. This would, of course, be a sister government ponzi scheme working in tandem with Social Security, the primary purpose being to give big government politicians additional taxpayer funds to raid to pay for their out-of-control spending....

New Lame Duck Threat to Bailout Union Pensions | Conservative News, Views & Books

You honestly think your stock and bond holdings would weather a US government default with little or no damage?

You are blissfully ignorant of the markets, which is an odd condition for someone who fancies himself a financial genius.

Last edited:

You honestly think your stock and bond holdings would weather a US government default with little or no damage?

You are blissfully ignorant of the markets, which is an odd condition for someone who fancies himself a financial genius to suffer from.

A crash is going to happen sooner or later. The only things staving it off right now is the debasement of the dollar via QE^Infinity. At some point, that will explode - better to get it over with before the debt increases further.

The Dems are working on that:

Democrats in the Senate on Thursday held a recess hearing covering a taxpayer bailout of union pensions and a plan to seize private 401(k) plans to more “fairly” distribute taxpayer-funded pensions to everyone.

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), Chairman of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee heard from hand-picked witnesses advocating the infamous “Guaranteed Retirement Account” (GRA) authored by Theresa Guilarducci.

(You can find the blistering interview with Guilarducci by radio talk show host Mark Levin in 2007 at the link).

In a nutshell, under the GRA system government would seize private 401(k) accounts, setting up an additional 5% mandatory payroll tax to dole out a “fair” pension to everyone using that confiscated money coupled with the mandated contributions. This would, of course, be a sister government ponzi scheme working in tandem with Social Security, the primary purpose being to give big government politicians additional taxpayer funds to raid to pay for their out-of-control spending....

New Lame Duck Threat to Bailout Union Pensions | Conservative News, Views & Books

I hope this is just the sky is falling stuff. Because if it isn't I hope they take my 401K before they take my guns.

401Ks came straight off the backs of working men, for the government to take them would be nothing less then stealing. Of course driving the dollar down, our credit rating down, and the stock market down is effectively the same thing.

I find it amusing (not!) the whining and gnashing of teeth over the tax cut expiration astronomically exceeds the cheering and thanking given by them to Obama when the tax cut was enacted in the first place.

They have paid less taxes for the past two years than they otherwise would have, thanks to Obama, and have somehow managed to find a way to piss and moan about it! :confused:

Because Obama...

A lot of us never saw that tax cut. When the SS tax was cut, the State of IL raised state income taxes by a reciporical amount. So our tax rate actually remained about the same.

Nobody realized a benefit from the temporary SS tax cut. Energy and food inflation ate up the entire amount.

That's idiocy. For it or against it, if you give a person several thousand dollars of extra disposable income, they benefit from it.

You are blissfully ignorant of the markets, which is an odd condition for someone who fancies himself a financial genius to suffer from.

A crash is going to happen sooner or later. The only things staving it off right now is the debasement of the dollar via QE^Infinity. At some point, that will explode - better to get it over with before the debt increases further.

That's brilliant. One second you're advising people that their money is safer in the stock market, the next you're predicting a crash.

That's idiocy. For it or against it, if you give a person several thousand dollars of extra disposable income, they benefit from it.

Not if the government has caused inflation which reduces the purchasing power of money.

That's brilliant. One second you're advising people that their money is safer in the stock market, the next you're predicting a crash.

You really don't have much reading comprehension, do you? I haven't advocated that anyone put all of their assets in the stock market.

Try again.

You are blissfully ignorant of the markets, which is an odd condition for someone who fancies himself a financial genius.

I never said I was a "financial genus" far from it, Liberals just tend to lack common sense. Do you think the government cares about you? If so you’re sadly mistaken, you're just a number to the bureaucracy. It’s your money and you should have the right to do with it as you please and not be forced to contribute to a failing system. Do you think the system needs reform? Or do you think the federal government runs things well and we can go on this way forever with trillion dollar plus deficits? Raising taxes on the rich is not going to take care of the problem government needs to be downsized. Outside of essential government services, it exists to feed itself.... Until it collapses

Forum List

Back