Why is the whining over the payroll tax holiday expiration only starting now?

That doesn't support your claim that I did not know that the Payroll tax holiday was for SS. I said that the payroll tax holiday isn't hurting SS and that the money will be taken from the General Funds to pay for it.

The PTH isn't hurting SS. It IS adding to the deficit, but it isn't hurting SS.

It appears, actually, that I know more about the issue than you do. Maybe I should return your bullshit, cowardly neg rep, but that's not my style.

Thanks.... You're clueless...Where's your fraudulent Lincoln quote?

No, I'm not clueless and just proved it to you which is why you are trying to change the subject.

I change my signature and avatar frequently. I knew there was a question as to the validity of the Lincoln quote, but liked it anyway. Plus I figured some RW heads would explode over it. I wasn't wrong. :lol:

That doesn't support your claim that I did not know that the Payroll tax holiday was for SS. I said that the payroll tax holiday isn't hurting SS and that the money will be taken from the General Funds to pay for it.

The PTH isn't hurting SS. It IS adding to the deficit, but it isn't hurting SS.

It appears, actually, that I know more about the issue than you do. Maybe I should return your bullshit, cowardly neg rep, but that's not my style.

No, I'm not clueless and just proved it to you which is why you are trying to change the subject.

I change my signature and avatar frequently. I knew there was a question as to the validity of the Lincoln quote, but liked it anyway. Plus I figured some RW heads would explode over it. I wasn't wrong. :lol:

How Payroll Tax Cut Affects Social Security's Future
December 07, 2011

Fact No. 1: Last year, for the first time in its 75-year history, Social Security took in less money than it paid out.

Fact No. 2: This year, the first of the baby boomers reached retirement age and began collecting Social Security benefits.

Fact No. 3: The payroll tax holiday that Congress approved a year ago reduced Social Security's revenues this year by $105 billion.

Obama showed no sign of being troubled by those facts when he popped into the White House briefing room earlier this week and called on Congress to extend the payroll tax cut for another year.

"It will help families pay their bills, it will spur spending, it will spur hiring, and it's the right thing to do," Obama said.

How Payroll Tax Cut Affects Social Security's Future : NPR

Last edited:
Why is the whining over the payroll tax holiday expiration only starting now? You righties had to have known it was going to happen - you did nothing. Did FOX just not give their marching orders until now?

Maybe because conservatives made a mistake and believed Obama when he said he would not raise taxes on those making less then 250000 dollars, and yet here we are.

Blaming the minority party for Obama's lies is just a denial of reality.

What is funny is that the left will scream about how the right can't win elections yet on the other hand the blames the minority party for the disasters they created.

Listen to this video of the liar Obama:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBN9ZhX4HwY]Obama's Broken Promise #1 - No New Taxes - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
What ever happened to the party of fiscal responsibility?
The party that wanted Social Security to pay for itself?

Payroll tax was a nice short term gimmick but it never should have been extended

At least you called it what it was, A GIMMICK used by Obama and Democrats..but that doesn't BOTHER you people..

Republicans voted for the original payroll tax cut gimmick, as you call it,

37 to 5 in the Senate, 138 to 36 in the House.

In fact, support was higher among Republicans in Congress than Democrats.

Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well then a rational person would say both parties screwed up right?

December 07, 2011

Fact No. 1: Last year, for the first time in its 75-year history, Social Security took in less money than it paid out.

Fact No. 2: This year, the first of the baby boomers reached retirement age and began collecting Social Security benefits.

Fact No. 3: The payroll tax holiday that Congress approved a year ago reduced Social Security's revenues this year by $105 billion.

Obama showed no sign of being troubled by those facts when he popped into the White House briefing room earlier this week and called on Congress to extend the payroll tax cut for another year.

"It will help families pay their bills, it will spur spending, it will spur hiring, and it's the right thing to do," Obama said.

That's terrible. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess it's a damn good thing the holiday has ended isn't it?

Is it still true or not that the loss in revenue, however, will be supplemented by the General Fund? I think my original point is still correct, it's not hurting SS because the money gets subsidized by the GF. It is adding to the deficit, but not really harming SS or beneficiaries.

There is a concern that if it were extended too long, it could hurt in the long run.

2399.gif

The Payroll Tax Holiday

December 07, 2011

That's terrible. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess it's a damn good thing the holiday has ended isn't it?

So was Obama lying when he said that if you made under 250000 your payroll taxes for SS would not rise under his plan? Or, just as we said, he didn't know what he was talking about?

Hell I want SS to be fully funded it is in my best interest so raising the tax is OK with me. But then again I didn't run for POTUS and say I wouldn't raise the tax.

Last edited:
So was Obama lying when he said that if you made under 250000 your payroll taxes for SS would not rise under his plan? Or, just as we said, he didn't know what he was talking about?

Please provide the EXACT quote by the President (kindly with a link as well).

Hell I want SS to be fully funded it is in my best interest so raising the tax is OK with me. But then again I didn't run for POTUS and say I wouldn't raise the tax.

He didn't, he cut them. That cut is now expiring as it was designed to do. He tried to extend it, but as part of the "Grand Bargain", he had to give it up. It would have to expire at some point in the near future, it was not sustainable nor was it meant to be. I would have preferred it stuck around another year, giving the economy a bit more time to recover, people the freedom to spend some more money (because that is what the economy needs) but that is not what the GOP wanted and the President compromised.

He didn't, he cut them. That cut is now expiring as it was designed to do. He tried to extend it, but as part of the "Grand Bargain", he had to give it up. It would have to expire at some point in the near future, it was not sustainable nor was it meant to be. I would have preferred it stuck around another year, giving the economy a bit more time to recover, people the freedom to spend some more money (because that is what the economy needs) but that is not what the GOP wanted and the President compromised.

For crying out loud I supplied a video of him saying so. You have apparently not noticed, the economy is not in recovery. Anything that looks like recovery is being bought with the Chinese credit card. Very unpatriotic as Obama ONCE said.

Now we can split hairs all we want about when Obama said what and when the payroll taxes decreased. But the TRUTH is that Obama said 250000 and no increase in taxes, he lied or was just not educated to know.

You have to love the spin the Obamabots are making about this..

Obama didn't raise you taxes, he TOLD you it would end and he didn't feel it important enough to fight to extend it..

:lol:

For crying out loud I supplied a video of him saying so. You have apparently not noticed, the economy is not in recovery. Anything that looks like recovery is being bought with the Chinese credit card. Very unpatriotic as Obama ONCE said.

Now we can split hairs all we want about when Obama said what and when the payroll taxes decreased. But the TRUTH is that Obama said 250000 and no increase in taxes, he lied or was just not educated to know.

Your taxes aren't going up, a tax cut you didn't even know you got is expiring.

image6202013.gif

Is it still true or not that the loss in revenue, however, will be supplemented by the General Fund? I think my original point is still correct, it's not hurting SS because the money gets subsidized by the GF. It is adding to the deficit, but not really harming SS or beneficiaries.

There is a concern that if it were extended too long, it could hurt in the long run.

2399.gif

The Payroll Tax Holiday

It's all a shell game, we are running trillion dollar deficits, Social Security was supposed to be separate but it isn't not since LBJ made it part of the general fund. We need reform, reform the tax code, reform entitlements, it will haft to be done. Nothing that just happened with this deal does anything about anything. The sooner everyone realizes that fact, the sooner we can begin the efforts to save this country

image6202013.gif

:lol:, there it is...
now people didn't know they had it..

2399.gif

The Payroll Tax Holiday

It's all a shell game, we are running trillion dollar deficits, Social Security was supposed to be separate but it isn't not since LBJ made it part of the general fund. We need reform, reform the tax code, reform entitlements, it will haft to be done. Nothing that just happened with this deal does anything about anything. The sooner everyone realizes that fact, the sooner we can begin the efforts to save this country

Social Security is separate. Social Security is the lender; the general fund is the borrower. The payroll tax receipts that come in are either paid out in benefits or are used to purchase treasury securities, which are the interest yielding investment by which the Trust Fund grows its assets.

2399.gif

The Payroll Tax Holiday

Social Security is separate. Social Security is the lender; the general fund is the borrower. The payroll tax receipts that come in are either paid out in benefits or are used to purchase treasury securities, which are the interest yielding investment by which the Trust Fund grows its assets.

Thanks for explaining the shell game There is nothing in the" trust fund" but paper

image6202013.gif

:lol:, there it is...
now people didn't know they had it..

Will a person who makes less than 250000K a year be paying more taxes or less since the Obama disaster? Yes or no?

If a tax cut is expiring and more money is taken from my check, my taxes went up. Period. I don't want anything from the government except for them to stop robbing me blind from every angle of my life.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=rCdgv7n9xCY]Milton Friedman - The Social Security Myth - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for explaining the shell game There is nothing in the" trust fund" but paper

And there's probably nothing but paper in your IRA, or your stock portfolio, or your employee pension, your 401K, your savings account, your checking account, or your wallet, for that matter.

Did you have a point?

Forum List

Back