Why is the Senate Debating the Bailout

this is a scam....the administration went before the public and told everyone the sky is falling the sky is falling, the great depression is here if the 700 billion isn't given...

then the president did a national address saying the same thing, it was so dire that i thought his gloomy, scarey outlook was gonna give us a run on the banks....

then some congressmen and senators are repeating what the administration is saying and all the news is covering it and saying the sky will fall if not done...

this is dejavue for me, on the iraq vote and weapons of mass destruction going to turn in to mushroom clouds in 45 minutes and be the smoking gun that gets us...

I've been through this, I've seen this, I've heard this....and I ain't buying in to it this time.....even if the idiotic congressmen are voting for it because GOD FORBID they cause a crash like the admin has been saying...

GOD FORBID if they did not pass the iraq resolution or WMD'S in the form of a mushroom cloud, would get to us...

I'm sorry, i gotta good memory, and this is way too familiar...

plus, Paulson knew he was going to be asking for this money 6 weeks ago i heard, 6 WEEKS AGO, but he waited till congress was going home to campaign before bringing it to their attention...

this is what happened with the iraqi resolution vote, right before their election...

I don't trust ANYONE ANYMORE...and this stinks to high heaven....

care

BINGO--finally you got it !

DUmmieass Chucky Schumer is up shortly. He's good with the talking points.

sounds to me like their are a lot of pissed off people in the Senate today too. more back and forth and finger pointing. It may not pass.

nah, they will line up and vote yes....

then later claim they were bamboozled.... :(

U.S. lawmakers appeared to have revived a financial-market rescue bill by adding an increase to federal deposit insurance limits and several tax breaks.

Why is this bailout bill directed more at Wall Street than taxpayers?

U.S. lawmakers appeared to have revived a financial-market rescue bill by adding an increase to federal deposit insurance limits and several tax breaks.

because thats who is benefiting from this fiasco

because we are being scammed.

then by your sarcasm, you admit that they werent fooled or tricked on that one?
;)

OH they were tricked right before the election, but they LET THEMSELVES be tricked.....

They didn't read the FULL analysis, they read briefs that were manipulating the severity, they had no hearings on it and just stood there like deer in headlights, not doing anything, paralized by the vote right before their elections....cowards...

Oh, they complained with speeches on the floor before the vote, as they are doing right now.... :(

this is so dejavue....
yellow bellies and incompetent and neglegent in their duties.

I may be wrong but I don't think it's gonna fly.. I am hearing one negative right after the other Dems and Repubs don't like it.

I may be wrong but I don't think it's gonna fly.. I am hearing one negative right after the other Dems and Repubs don't like it.

ir they really didn't want to let it pass, one of them would have filibustered this already, wouldn't they have?

or are appropriation bills off limits on filibusters according to the senate rules? i dunno....if not, one of them should have filibustered, making the 60 votes necessary to pass it! DAMNIT!

What a crock of shit, what linsey graham is saying.....geez, he's worried about interest rates being high to get a mortgage...shoot in the 80's my first mortgage was at a 13.5% interest rate! people today have no idea how high interest rates were at one time today and think 8% is high.....well bulloney to that....

and number three on the hand out list of fannie and freddie is up now!

ya notice doncha he's bitching about banks tightening their lending standards donchya?

You know I have been listenting to this and has the thought occured to anyone there that, okay this is a credit crisis. so how then do you take care of a credit crisis by betting that the money your going to buy all these bad mortgage back securities is going to somehow incent banks to suddenly start lending money?

The real funny thing here is the Senator who said, "I've been getting phone calls from people that are mad about this, but sometime we have to have courage to do things that people don't want us to do"

Forum List

Back