Why is the Senate Debating the Bailout

Really a bill onto itself, the mental health parity measure has been a bipartisan priority for top lawmakers in both chambers but has stalled because of disagreements again over how to pay for its estimated $3.8 billion five-year cost. In the current climate, that seems to be no longer a stumbling block, and if the Treasury plan becomes law, it will also.

Congressional Budget Office estimates indicate that the net impact will be to add almost $105 billion to an already large deficit next year, and fiscal conservatives will feel they are being straight-armed by the Senate which has refused to do more to offset the costs.

Senate bailout bill keeps growing - David Rogers - Politico.com

well, they still may need to inject money in to the beast... warren buffet just said such, i do trust him along with suzie ormond... he just said when someone has cardiac arrest, you recesitate him first, then figure out why he had one...bad diet, lack of exercise or hereditary.... :(

well, they still may need to inject money in to the beast... warren buffet just said such, i do trust him along with suzie ormond... he just said when someone has cardiac arrest, you recesitate him first, then figure out why he had one...bad diet, lack of exercise or hereditary.... :(

Have you noticed how much money Warren Buffet has put into G.E. recently 3 Billion and then combine that with the 5 billion he put in Goldman.

Have you noticed how much money Warren Buffet has put into G.E. recently 3 Billion and then combine that with the 5 billion he put in Goldman.

he said, if he could do the gvt deal, buying the crap at market value and at their borrowing rate, he would do the deal....he said, and stressed, if they pay today's market value for their assets, they will make alot of money....he said he can't do it because he does not have the 700 billion but he would love to buy in to 1%, 7 billion of the gvt's plan, if bought at market value, he would...

so now we need to figure out if our gvt has in its bill that we do good analysis and don't pay a penny over market value...about 20 cents on the dollar is what buffet mentioned...

Last edited:
wonder why people who buy this toxic shit to save our asses should be taxed for it?

he said, if he could do the gvt deal, buying the crap at market value and at their borrowing rate, he would do the deal....he said, and stressed, if they pay today's market value for their assets, they will make alot of money....he said he can't do it because he does not have the 700 billion but he would love to buy in to 1%, 7 billion of the gvt's plan, if bought at market value, he would...

so now we need to figure out if our gvt has in its bill that we do good analysis and don't pay a penny over market value...about 20 cents on the dollar is what buffet mentioned...

no one has clue what those assets are worth--that's half the problem.

So according to Hillary Clinton based on the bi-partisanship shown in this bill they are working towards leaving a better country for our children. Now you have Judd Gregg and Chris Dodd in a Senate love fest over this, I wonder after the winnings are realized on this gigantic bet they are placing and they get money back in as they say who is going to actaully win at this. You know whats really funny here. they are hoping this will free up credit, while doing nothing about addressing the home intentory or property values.

So according to Hillary Clinton based on the bi-partisanship shown in this bill they are working towards leaving a better country for our children. Now you have Judd Gregg and Chris Dodd in a Senate love fest over this, I wonder after the winnings are realized on this gigantic bet they are placing and they get money back in as they say who is going to actaully win at this. You know whats really funny here. they are hoping this will free up credit, while doing nothing about addressing the home intentory or property values.
yes, i agree with you and damnit, even if i trust these guys, i am not gonna let them sway me!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! lol

though i heard the news say that the house plan did have some bottom's up in it, where homeowners were helped too....never ended up reading the house bill so i am not certain on this or not....

Exactly. There are no provisions for a foreclosure moratorium, or anything really that addresses any problems with the housing market, the cause of the problem for this entire mess. I know I'll take flak for this, but I actually like the ideas that Bill Clinton has been shopping around the talk shows the past couple weeks.

yes, i agree with you and damnit, even if i trust these guys, i am not gonna let them sway me!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! lol

though i heard the news say that the house plan did have some bottom's up in it, where homeowners were helped too....never ended up reading the house bill so i am not certain on this or not....

According to Judd Gregg Care, and I am doing a little CSPAN play by play here, by purchasing these toxic mortgage backed loans the government will be able to put those mortgages into fixed rate mortgages in order to help them stay in their homes. So now the Federal government is in the home loan business?

Exactly. There are no provisions for a foreclosure moratorium, or anything really that addresses any problems with the housing market, the cause of the problem for this entire mess. I know I'll take flak for this, but I actually like the ideas that Bill Clinton has been shopping around the talk shows the past couple weeks.

I love his idea's he has been shopping around too Crimson, interesting note it seems that these mortgage backed securties are in some shape or fashion based on the ultimate value of the home. So if the home values go up then a bank that holds those securities has more financial room to play with. Howver simply taking the securities out of the picture does nothing if foreclosures keep on going and the inventory keeps on climbing and home values keep falling.

According to Judd Gregg Care, and I am doing a little CSPAN play by play here, by purchasing these toxic mortgage backed loans the government will be able to put those mortgages into fixed rate mortgages in order to help them stay in their homes. So now the Federal government is in the home loan business?

who is going to do this crap for them? They are not bankers? I guess they will hire the bankers that went down, to come work for them! ??/? :eek:

silly though, to do it this way...first they pay the $700 billion THEN THEY pull out more money from the tax payers to write down these people's mortgages?

Why not just do the mortgages now which would trickle up to the banks and pay for it only ONCE instead of TWICE?

i just don't get the reasoning to not go trickle up verses this trickle down crap?

Buffet is making a killing on this, because he is buying up stuff for way cheap while others are panic selling

btw, if you think THIS bill is full of crap, it ws full of crap in the house too

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ]YouTube - Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill Becomes a Law[/ame]

I am a bill from school house rock

why sell on the private market at 20 cents to a dollar when you can hope for a taxpayers bailout at 50 to 80 cents a dollar...takes the incentive away now doesnt it?

Forum List

Back