Why Is The Right Wing Spewing That The Polls Are All Wrong...Except Rasmussen?

Why would I want to tell that to him? If your going to make a obscure comment like that you really need to provide some context to go along with it otherwise it really makes no sense.

Ok. I thought you were informed. My mistake:

Things initially got tense when Gallagher took issue with Wallace characterizing the Romney campaign as “in trouble.”
“Wait a minute,” Gallagher interrupted, “what do you mean ‘Romney’s in trouble’? Where’d you get that from? What, because of the poll manipulation crap?”

That set Wallace off.

“This criticism of the polls is craziness. I actually did some research on this today, which is more than you’ve done,” he snapped at Gallagher.
“No self-respecting pollster,” including Fox, he explained, weighs their polls to even out party identification. He agreed with Gallagher that there is a mainstream media bias towards supporting President Barack Obama and “antagonizing” Mitt Romney.

Chris Wallace Snaps At Right-Wing Host For Criticizing Polls: ‘Obama Is Winning’ | Mediaite

Forgive me I work five days a week eight hours a day and do not have time to keep up with every political statement, comment, and story from every person out there or cruise all the political websites. I am informed but I do have other things that take up my time and yes your right it was your mistake.

I work 5 days a week, a couple of weeks per month I work 6 days, 8-10 hours a day and I am a political junkie. Who follows politics the way some follow the NFL or MLB. I listen to the news or talk radio while I work, it covers the jet engine or machinery noise.

Are they that desperate? That naive? That ignorant? That much in the bubble?

Are they punch-drunk on the Kool-Aid?

I mean, this is ridiculous now.

What. Is. The problem...............................??

Anyone who believes the lamestream media is honest is terminally gullible. Most polls are conducted by leftwing media outlets, or they are conducted by academia, which is even worse.

And they are usually very close or spot on. Romney has a lot of work to do to get back into the race, let alone win the race.

Because they are wrong--these polls have been over sampling democrats to republicans and completely leaving out independents.

Here is CNN's recent poll showing Obama leading Romney by 6 points.

CNN is grabbing political headlines tonight with the release of its latest poll. It shows Obama surging to a 6-point lead over Romney, 52-46, among likely. Before the start of the Democrat convention, the candidates had been tied in the poll. Since it purportedly confirms a narrative the media is trying to build, i.e. that Obama is starting to pull away with the race, it is getting wide coverage. However, there are a couple of strange things within the poll that cast doubt on its veracity. And, at least one concern warrants a response from CNN.

First, this being a media poll, it has an obvious skew towards Democrats. The partisan breakdown is (D/R/I) 50/45/5. It perhaps isn’t surprising that Obama is leading a D+5 poll by 6 points. Throughout the campaign season, Obama’s margin usually is very close to the partisan skew in the sample. It is surprising, though, that Independents make up only 5% of the sample. Tellingly, Romney leads this group by 14 points.
CNN manipulated their polling | Education News

The reason this is happening is because the Obama administration threatened to sue GALLOP for trying to use 2010 turn-out when democrats got an historic 75 year ass kicking across this nation. So what all polling data is using is 2008 voter turnout to base their polls on--or back to 2004 exit polling data that showed John Kerry defeating G.W. Bush--LOL

Internal emails between senior officials at The Gallup Organization, obtained by The Daily Caller, show senior Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod attempting to subtly intimidate the respected polling firm when its numbers were unfavorable to the president.

After Gallup declined to change its polling methodology, Obama’s Department of Justice hit it with an unrelated lawsuit that appears damning on its face.

The DC is withholding the identities of the Gallup officials to protect them from potential retaliation from Obama’s campaign and his administration.

In April, Axelrod tweeted that a poll showing Mitt Romney with a 48-43 percent lead over Obama was “saddled with some methodological problems,” directing his Twitter followers to read a National Journal story criticizing Gallup polls showing a Romney lead.

In that National Journal piece, Ron Brownstein wrote that the polls showing Romney leading the president had “a sample that looks much more like the electorate in 2010 than the voting population that is likely to turn out in 2012.”
Dateline.. Team Obama threatens to sue Gallop Polling to get them to change their methodology to make Oscumbo look better.. And there are many here who wonder why I call him Oscumbo..

Then we go into Quinnipac that showed a huge lead for Obama in the swing states 2 days ago:

Yesterday Quinnipac released several swing state polls showing Obama ahead in every one of them--again by over-polling democrats to republicans and only adding a 1% sample of Independents.

Jammie Wearing catches the NY Times/Quinnipiac poll dramatically skewing the methodology of the poll to strongly over-sample Democrats:

So Obama is up 9 in Florida with a D+9 sample, up 10 in Ohio with a D+9 sample and up 12 in Pennsylvania with a D+11 sample. I notice in all the orgasmic news reports this morning none of them mention the ridiculous skew to the polls. But all you will hear all day is how big a lead Obama has.
Never trust a word they say: NY Times, Quinnipiac skew polling in attempt to depress turnout of voters frustrated with the failures of Obamanomics « Bob Owens

So if you unskew these state polls you get something a little more realistic--but keep in mind that the below chart still does not include any more than a 1% sampling of Independents who Romney is leading with by 15 points.
James Carville Poll Panics Dems: Romney Leads By 15 Points Among Independents « Pat Dollard

13548d1348808521-skewed-swing-state-polls-unskewed-showing-romney-leading-tied-swing-states-6d513062f564cfdad717aa57cac059de.jpg

So in essence the national polls are assuming that those who voted in 2010 won't show up and neither will Independents--and that the same amount of people who voted for Obama will show up in 2012 to vote for him again.---:badgrin:

"Barack Obama is the greatest HOAX ever perpetrated on the American population"--Clint Eastwood

Last edited:
Remember when the 'nuts said that Obama would drop in the polls as soon as all the pollsters went to 'Likely Voters'?

How'd that work out? Looks to me like he went UP instead of down.

That would mean that he not only gained generally, but he also gained additionally enough to overcome that drop the 'nuts promised.

Anyone who believes the lamestream media is honest is terminally gullible. Most polls are conducted by leftwing media outlets, or they are conducted by academia, which is even worse.

And they are usually very close or spot on. Romney has a lot of work to do to get back into the race, let alone win the race.

They are mostly bullshit until it gets close to the election. then they start being more honest about their results because they don't want to look like they are totally in the tank for the Democrat candidate.

Romney is in the lead. The polls are bullshit.

We are simply pointing out the Many Polls are favoring Dems Plus 7 to 13 in their Samples, and that is not Likely to reflect this Elections turn out.

Not spewing anything, If the Polls were over sampling Republicans by the same numbers and Romney was Ahead, You would rightly point out that the Sample favors Republicans.

See Carl Rowe or Dick Morris - thy'll break it down for you. Undecided voters go against the incumbent almost totally. Polls are scewed based on largest numbers of past turnout - that wont repeat!

They are mostly bullshit until it gets close to the election. then they start being more honest about their results because they don't want to look like they are totally in the tank for the Democrat candidate.

Romney is in the lead. The polls are bullshit.

Except the opposite happened in 2008. The polls showed Obama up and the lead grew as the election approached.

Obama is in the lead. All of the pollsters aren't colluding in order to look like a bunch of idiots.

Forum List

Back