Why is the Olive Garden so successful?

Generally speaking, Americans wouldn't know good food if it came up and introduced itself. Want really good food.... go to france.

Agreed: While Americans' standards aren't as low as the British, they seem to value:

1. Fast
2. Quantity
3. Price

No necessarily in this order, but certainly these are the top three. I haven't gone to Olive Garden in quite a while, but I gave one of the slaves a gift card, and he was delighted with the experience because he claimed OG will NOT allow you to go away hungery.

My own dining experience must include very high qualty fresh food served in an atmosphere of impeccably good service. Ususally Sushi Bars are my first choice.

While I like you as a poster, you'd fail as a date. Sushi sucks!

Generally speaking, Americans wouldn't know good food if it came up and introduced itself. Want really good food.... go to france.

Agreed: While Americans' standards aren't as low as the British, they seem to value:

1. Fast
2. Quantity
3. Price

No necessarily in this order, but certainly these are the top three. I haven't gone to Olive Garden in quite a while, but I gave one of the slaves a gift card, and he was delighted with the experience because he claimed OG will NOT allow you to go away hungery.

My own dining experience must include very high qualty fresh food served in an atmosphere of impeccably good service. Ususally Sushi Bars are my first choice.

I could get Sushi to go, then buy you a Chicken Nugget Happy Meal at Micky D's?:confused:

1. Fast
2. Quantity
3. Price

I could get Sushi to go, then buy you a Chicken Nugget Happy Meal at Micky D's?:confused:
Good come back! LOL! Nope, avoid Mickey D's like the plague. But how about pick up sushi for you and you can take me to OG. You can have salad, I'll find, something? ;)

1. Fast
2. Quantity
3. Price

this is key. if you see sysco trucks pulling into a restaruant you need to run away fast. if you want good italian all of the meat (especially the seafood!) must be delivered daily and preferably local. all ingredients must be made from scratch and only the top quality should be used. nothing frozen or packaged ever. if the recipe involves a can or "packet of X" you shouldn't eat there ever.

1. Fast
2. Quantity
3. Price

this is key. if you see sysco trucks pulling into a restaruant you need to run away fast. if you want good italian all of the meat (especially the seafood!) must be delivered daily and preferably local. all ingredients must be made from scratch and only the top quality should be used. nothing frozen or packaged ever. if the recipe involves a can or "packet of X" you shouldn't eat there ever.

This is what The French understand: Excellent Quality, smaller Quantities, at a reasonable price. Then they take their TIME eating.

I visited the Cote de Azure, and Provance on a business trip. Part of the itinerary included touring a chemical plant. We got there at about lunch time, and the place had its own cafeteria, with WINE ON THE MENUE. Not only does no American chemical plant have a cafeteria for the laborers (some have it for office workers), but it is inconceivable that one would allow any alcohol on the premises, much less serve it during lunch.

Good come back! LOL! Nope, avoid Mickey D's like the plague. But how about pick up sushi for you and you can take me to OG. You can have salad, I'll find, something? ;)

You'll definately get a bottle of Chianti out of the deal.;)

You'll definately get a bottle of Chianti out of the deal.;)

Don't like Chianti, but a nice Riesling?

Forum List

Back