Why is the media so liberal?

You mean the fact that 4,000 Al Qaeda rats came scurrying out of all of the Iraqi nooks and crannies as soon as we ousted the leader doesn't prove the connection to you? The country is stuffed full of Al Qaeda cells and you don't think it's a coincidence that they only become so visible now after Hussein is gone?

you dont think they werent visible because they werent there? maybe saddam kept them out. can you back up your position?

You mean the fact that 4,000 Al Qaeda rats came scurrying out of all of the Iraqi nooks and crannies as soon as we ousted the leader doesn't prove the connection to you? The country is stuffed full of Al Qaeda cells and you don't think it's a coincidence that they only become so visible now after Hussein is gone?

hmmm I think they came in after the fact like busara said...but if you can provide documentation to back up your theory then okay...

Umm, actually they moved there to attack US forces. But nice little lie about them "scurrying out of Iraqi nooks".

mustard and sarin gas, manufactured back in the early 90's. not really what i would consider a weapon of 'mass destruction.' but thats just an interpretation issue. did we find any of the really dangerous things bush warned about like the mobile labs? or that they were actively producing more weapons? or substantiate the al queda connection? i dont recall hearing that we have, but i could be mistaken.

but to the OP, i dont know why much of the MSM has a liberal slant. ownership directive, maybe?

Actually, Saddam Hussein knew plenty about terrorism. In essence, he owned and operated a full-service general store for global terrorists, complete with cash, diplomatic aid, safe haven, training, and even medical attention. Such assistance violated United Nations Security Council Resolution 687. The results not only broke international law, but also were deadly, as this chart demonstrates:7

$08sized.jpg

The federal trial judge was Harold Baer, Jr. a Clinton appointee. He took testimony from Clinton-designated CIA director James Woolsey and American Enterprise Institute scholar Laurie Mylroie, an adviser to the 1992 Clinton campaign. Baer learned about the Salman Pak camp, and considered other evidence of Saddam Hussein’s ties to al-Qaeda. To be fair, Baer did not hear Hussein’s side, as the Iraqi dictator did not respond to the suit. Nevertheless, Baer issued his decision.

As the May 8, 2003 New York Post and other news outlets reported, Baer ruled that Saddam Hussein’s government was complicit in the September 11 attacks and that the Baathist government owed the plaintiffs a judgment of $104 million.

As Baer stated on May 7, 2003:

“I conclude that plaintiffs have shown, albeit barely, ‘by evidence satisfactory to the court’ that Iraq provided material support to bin Laden and al Qaeda.” 22

Thus, there is abundant and undeniable evidence that Saddam Hussein provided money, diplomatic services, shelter, medical care, and training to terrorists of every stripe, including those complicit in the 1993 WTC bombing and — according to a Clinton-appointed federal judge — the September 11 attacks. The Iraqi dictator aided al-Qaeda and other global terrorists who murdered Americans, both at home and abroad.

Saddam Hussein's Philanthropy of Terror - by Deroy Murdock

Now I wonder why the media portrays no connection between Saddam and AQ all the time?:eusa_whistle:

uh.. not having to repeat the same bullshit we've heard since you pussy's took control of the white house? Phantom WMDs anyone? Free Trade cities of gold, anyone?
WHY WOULD YOUR PARTY PICK THIS BONEHEAD FOR VP THEN???
THIS EXPERT ON FOREIGN POLICY.....

Biden on Meet the Press in 2002, discussing Saddam Hussein: “He’s a long term threat and a short term threat to our national security… “We have no choice but to eliminate the threat. This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world.”

Biden on Meet the Press in 2002: “Saddam must be dislodged from his weapons or dislodged from power.”

Biden on Meet the Press in 2007, on Hussein’s WMDs: “Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued — they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued.”

Biden to the Brookings Institution in 2005: “We can call it quits and withdraw from Iraq. I think that would be a gigantic mistake.

Last edited:
WHY WOULD YOUR PARTY PICK THIS BONEHEAD FOR VP THEN???
THIS EXPERT ON FOREIGN POLICY.....

Biden on Meet the Press in 2002, discussing Saddam Hussein: “He’s a long term threat and a short term threat to our national security… “We have no choice but to eliminate the threat. This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world.”

Biden on Meet the Press in 2002: “Saddam must be dislodged from his weapons or dislodged from power.”

Biden on Meet the Press in 2007, on Hussein’s WMDs: “Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued — they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued.”

Biden to the Brookings Institution in 2005: “We can call it quits and withdraw from Iraq. I think that would be a gigantic mistake.

so what happened to Shogun....big mouth got tired ?
at least tell us just how smart Biden is on foreign policy....
this shows he at least as smart as Clinton and G. Bush...

You're certainly doing wonders to make you and your party look like the enlightened and educated ones with your excessive, randomly inserted profanity and personal attacks.

Hey, if you've got some PHANTOM WMDs to provide evidence for then do so. I mean, after breathing oxygen let me assure you that impressing you with my posts is a huge concern of mine.

so what happened to Shogun....big mouth got tired ?
at least tell us just how smart Biden is on foreign policy....
this shows he at least as smart as Clinton and G. Bush...

Damn, sorry I wasn't here to change your diaper in the timeframe you prefer. I guess I'll have to figure out a way to give a damn that you are festering in your own shit one of these days..

As for Biden, he's not the president. Hell, do you REALLY want to talk about VPs given that last darth vadar motherfucker that you chose and the nutjob joke on the stage this time around? In case you missed in, one of Obama's biggest selling points is that he did not vote for your bullshit war. I know that chaffes your inner child but.. you know.. I always thought your inner child needed a good ass whuppin anyway.

Damn, sorry I wasn't here to change your diaper in the timeframe you prefer. I guess I'll have to figure out a way to give a damn that you are festering in your own shit one of these days..

As for Biden, he's not the president. Hell, do you REALLY want to talk about VPs given that last darth vadar motherfucker that you chose and the nutjob joke on the stage this time around? In case you missed in, one of Obama's biggest selling points is that he did not vote for your bullshit war. I know that chaffes your inner child but.. you know.. I always thought your inner child needed a good ass whuppin anyway.

No shit, Sherlock....Obama wasn't a fuckin' Senator to vote on anything then Sonny....

Are you a moron ?

Talk about VP's...? Tell us how smart Biden is....considering the quotes I posted...he agreed with GW on Saddam and Iraq 100%.......and he's the empty suit's foreign policy expert....what a joke...he and Palin ought to agree on foreign policy ...

Last edited:
you dont think they werent visible because they werent there? maybe saddam kept them out. can you back up your position?

LOL. Yes, the man who ordered the murders of countless thousands of his own people was certainly concerned with protecting his countrymen from Al Qaeda.

And wow, that national defense of theirs was certainly far stronger than the U.S. Al Qaeda had an easy time getting to us, but cracking that impenetrable wall that is the Iraqi national border? No way...

If you believe Al Qaeda wasn't operating in Iraq well before we got there, then there's really no hope for this thread to have any sort of intelligent conversation.

Hey, if you've got some PHANTOM WMDs to provide evidence for then do so. I mean, after breathing oxygen let me assure you that impressing you with my posts is a huge concern of mine.

I'm not asking you to impress me with your posts. I was merely trying to help you realize what a complete imbecile you look like, and how anything you say is readily dismissed by anyone with half an I.Q. point because of the fact you look like any regular village idiot.

I was trying to help you help yourself so that you're not constantly wasting your worthless breath, but apparently you're too dumb to even realize that much, so nevermind. I take it back.

And as for the WMDs, someone already posted a link, to which you conveniently (and wholly predictably) dismissed immediately. There's no point in trying to show you evidence of what you're asking for, because you're going to dismiss anything anyone shows you because you've already made up your mind. That's not just an opinion of mine either; you've already proven it straight up in this thread yourself.

Last edited:
I don't know why the media's liberal but I will tell you this...I am absolutely shocked at the difference a day makes at CNN.

Yesterday, the mantra was "It has been worse, we just have to wait and see...we're not sure about the bail out package, this is what people are saying, don't panic."

TODAY a completely different angle..."We ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE THIS BAIL OUT OR WE'RE ALL GOING TO BURST INTO FLAMES AND DIE HORRIBLE LINGERING DEATHS!"

Even though the dow has climbed steadily.

I think some of those economic corrospondents are following the money and realizing that if this system goes down, they're losing their jobs. So suddenly they're back to pretending they're reporting news when all they're doing is representing their own interests. The fact of the matter is...some people are going to lose their jobs. But it won't mark the end of the world, the us, or the economy.

I don't know why the media's liberal but I will tell you this...I am absolutely shocked at the difference a day makes at CNN.

Yesterday, the mantra was "It has been worse, we just have to wait and see...we're not sure about the bail out package, this is what people are saying, don't panic."

TODAY a completely different angle..."We ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE THIS BAIL OUT OR WE'RE ALL GOING TO BURST INTO FLAMES AND DIE HORRIBLE LINGERING DEATHS!"

Even though the dow has climbed steadily.

I think some of those economic corrospondents are following the money and realizing that if this system goes down, they're losing their jobs. So suddenly they're back to pretending they're reporting news when all they're doing is representing their own interests. The fact of the matter is...some people are going to lose their jobs. But it won't mark the end of the world, the us, or the economy.

And I'll bet CNN and MSNBC forgot to mention that not even one of Barney Franks 12 member Banking Committee members, voted FOR the Pelosi's bailout....yet the Republicans get blamed...truely amazing....

Last edited:
LOL. Yes, the man who ordered the murders of countless thousands of his own people was certainly concerned with protecting his countrymen from Al Qaeda.

And wow, that national defense of theirs was certainly far stronger than the U.S. Al Qaeda had an easy time getting to us, but cracking that impenetrable wall that is the Iraqi national border? No way...

If you believe Al Qaeda wasn't operating in Iraq well before we got there, then there's really no hope for this thread to have any sort of intelligent conversation.

A central tenet of Al Qaeda's jihadist ideology is that secular Muslim rulers and their regimes have oppressed the believers and plunged Islam into a historic crisis. Hence, a paramount goal of Islamist revolutionaries for almost half a century has been the destruction of the regimes of such leaders as Presidents Gamal Abdel Nasser, Anwar el-Sadat and Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, President Hafez al-Assad of Syria, the military government in Algeria and even the Saudi royal family.
Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda Are Not Allies - New York Times

WASHINGTON (AP) — Saddam Hussein rejected overtures from al-Qaeda and believed Islamic extremists were a threat to his regime, a reverse portrait of an Iraq allied with Osama bin Laden painted by the Bush White House, a Senate panel has found.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-09-08-iraq-report_x.htm

how bout you bring something useful to the discussion other than uninformed and unsubstantiated statements.

And I'll bet CNN and MSNBC forgot to mention that not even one of Barney Franks 12 member Banking Committee members, voted FOR the Pelosi's bailout....yet the Republicans get blamed...truely amazing....

Lol.
It's a good thing, though.

how bout you bring something useful to the discussion other than uninformed and unsubstantiated statements.

You mean like googling a couple of quick articles and copy and pasting them rather than providing your own argument?

People who copy / paste their entire argument only prove to me even more that I am fighting a losing battle here not because of the logic, but simply because you just don't get it, nor will you ever.

Not worth the time, as you've made abundantly clear.

Forum List

Back