Why is the flip flopping of Mitt Romney not an issue?

EarthLink - Top News

Romney faces scrutiny on aid in storm's wake

"I believe that FEMA plays a key role in working with states and localities to prepare for and respond to natural disasters," Romney said in a statement supplied by his campaign Wednesday.

"Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction,"

the flip flops are indeed an issue just before the election day - including the auto bailout Romney has now been caught red handed in distorting the truth ...

and very well may cost the Republicans the election for using deception to win votes.

The Obama lied about that too.

The Obama said that Romney was against loan guarantees, and didn't believe him when he said he was for loan guarantees, and of course Romney was for loan guarantees.

That's because Obama is a LIAR.

Please provide the specific "flip flops" with links to the source.

from the republican debate

well there are also a number of video clips, but this is of course a subjective campaigne like youtube video:
But still you can not fake what he said, they could ve been taken out of context but still: it does seem weird that so many news sources agree on it if it is not true (newspapers, tv news, ... )

lol, I even found that some dude made a whole website about it: Which Mitt? | Get To Know Mitt Romney

Well at least it s funny :p , sure I know all politicians flip flop. I think that it s only an idiot that never changes his mind because he thinks he s always right. But flip flpping all the time does seem to make you unreliable (at least if it is the case)

Don't tell the right Mitt flip flops they can't see straight and can't be objective.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not a flip flop when a republican does it.

Sheesh seems like people on here would understand US politics better.

Because the fish that has been out of the boat for the last four years is wheezing it's last breath. That takes precedence in people's minds.

Like Maobama has never said one thing and done another, can you say DOMA, can you say cut the deficit in half, can you say 5% unemployment by now, can you say 5% growth in GDP by now and I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

What is the flip flop on DOMA? He has always been opposed to DOMA.

Not being able to do something that you tried to do is not a flip flop.

I wonder why republicans and independents don't have an issue with the flip flopping of Mitt Romney or is it not important and am I exageratting the issue?

If I d have my brother saying 1 thing 1 day and 1 other thing every other day, I d have an issue trusting him. How do you know what he ll say and do as a president if he s so inconsistent?

And this is something else I really don't get: Is a Mormon really like any other Christian (as some people seem to believe)? I say this because GOP is the most religious Christian party, the only problem I see is that the holy book of mormons is not "the holy bible" but "the Book of mormon". I wonder if Mitt Romney will swear his inauguration on "the book of mormon" then, since he doesn't believe in the bible
We all change our minds occasionally for very legitimate reasons, but it's only considered flipflopping when a politician does it after she or he has won an election.

I consider a sincere change of heart to be an acceptable flipflop providing a politician lets it be known before election day rather than after they get my vote.

But an elected official that flipflops on an issue contrary to their campaign platform or promises has violated the trust of their electors and defrauded them of their vote.

ie If you don't support Mit Romney's change of heart or policy then don't vote for him and if you weren't going to vote for him n the first place then what's the big fucking deal?

Please provide the specific "flip flops" with links to the source.

from the republican debate

well there are also a number of video clips, but this is of course a subjective campaigne like youtube video:
But still you can not fake what he said, they could ve been taken out of context but still: it does seem weird that so many news sources agree on it if it is not true (newspapers, tv news, ... )

lol, I even found that some dude made a whole website about it: Which Mitt? | Get To Know Mitt Romney

Well at least it s funny :p , sure I know all politicians flip flop. I think that it s only an idiot that never changes his mind because he thinks he s always right. But flip flpping all the time does seem to make you unreliable (at least if it is the case)

I don't rely on video that subject to be edited. I need transcripts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why republicans and independents don't have an issue with the flip flopping of Mitt Romney or is it not important and am I exageratting the issue?

If I d have my brother saying 1 thing 1 day and 1 other thing every other day, I d have an issue trusting him. How do you know what he ll say and do as a president if he s so inconsistent?

And this is something else I really don't get: Is a Mormon really like any other Christian (as some people seem to believe)? I say this because GOP is the most religious Christian party, the only problem I see is that the holy book of mormons is not "the holy bible" but "the Book of mormon". I wonder if Mitt Romney will swear his inauguration on "the book of mormon" then, since he doesn't believe in the bible

Yes, this is scary for someone who wants to be leader of the free world.

He refuses to answer questions from the media, hides his medical records and won't release his income tax returns. Lastly he needs to be stablized by ann frequently as she stated on The View. Does that mean he has some mental challenge that ann said she was worried about?

Forum List

Back